Tipping Point

Husker_x

The way his offense prepares, focuses, and executes is a lot different than the way the defense does.

We were talking about this tonight. Some people say this is Bo's fault because he motivates the defense but ignores the offense. Here's my thought:

What has been NU's best offensive quarter this year? The 1st. They've probably had some pretty good 3rd quarters as well, but I'd say it's pretty much the 1st quarter. Bo fires the team up before the game; before the 1st quarter. After that, the offense probably doesn't deal with him much which is completely understandable. I've never been in their locker room or on the sideline, but if it's like anything I've experienced, most of their time the rest of the game will be spent away from Bo and with their offensive coaches. Bo needs someone on that offensive staff to figure out how to light a fire as well as he can.

I also think that point about Bo not being involved with the offense becomes moot when you consider the fact that most coaches do NOT heavily involve themselves with both sides of the team. They usually have a focus (offense or defense) and then they look to hire a great coordinator for the other side of the ball that they won't be focusing on.

Osborne had a lot of success thanks to McBride.

Tipping point for me came after about the 3rd sack when Watson was still calling 3 step drops for Taylor to get murdered on when all OU had to do was blitz one guy. Are roll outs not even in the playbook? It's embarrassing what happens when we try to pass against anything but a lingerie league secondary and are not ripping huge runs off.

Another thing that pisses me off is the notion that we are stuck with Watson unless he so graciously takes a job somewhere else. Dunno what the philosophy is in college football but in the NFL if you don't do your job you're fired, end of story. No ifs, no next year, no excuses. You either produce or pack. But still, if a gracious exit is required it could be rationalized as revamping the offensive staff for a new conference.

What good are highly ranked offensive recruits if the coordinator doesn't know how to use their talents, the coaches don't know how to develop their talent, and the right players aren't on the field?

Speaking of the right players....

I really wanna know where Joe Broekemeir has been all year. The kid has caught almost every single ball thrown his way this year (or the last two games...) that I can think of, and one of them happened in Colorado in a very clutch situation.

Again, Paul, Kinnie, and McNeil are/were important cogs to our offense, but this kid really has some sure hands and I broke a lot of hearts last night at the bar I was at when I told a lot of fans watching the game that this kid was graduating this year.

Rumor: Dana Holgerson on his way to Florida?

http://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/What-were-hearing-Dana-Holgorson-to-UF-as-QB-coachOC-433317/1

If this is true, wow, why aren't we in on stuff like this?

Because we will never throw huge dollars at a new guy like that. Garunteed. That OL coach from LSU is the only one that I can see us hiring IF Watson leaves voluntarily.