Rex Burkhead...CAPTAIN!

TaraTony

I see on Stewart Mandel's SI Page that he has Rex Burkhead and the Nebraska Cornhuskers could be going to the Insight Bowl to face Iowa. Having been a fan of Husker football for many years, is it just me, or does Rex have the look, drive and talent to be the next great Husker? He should be the face of the program right now. This is the type of football player that we are looking for in the future. A true gamer with heart and character to lead a new offensice revitalization. Just need the OC to move it in the right direction.

What I like about him and his play is that he rarely gets stuffed, he can run right into a pile or have a defender in his face and still make a few yards. He doesn't get HUGE plays as often, but he's reliable and seems to be indestructible. Also, good student, I'd like to see a team of Rexes on the field, and I would have liked to have had a classroom full of them, too :)

Fantastic kid. Love him to death. The sad part is that we're half way through his college career and have nothing to show for it. Performances by guys like him, Suh, Henery, etc. are being wasted because of anemic offenses.

Just like last night. As I was watching him run the zone read I was thinking this guy runs it better than any of our quarterbacks do. I was actually ready for him to start throwing the ball at one point!

Rex Burkhead came in advertised as just a tough do it all football player when he was recruited and low and behold that's exactly what he's given us.

My favorite saying is 'it's Rex's world and we're all just living in it'.

He's my co-offensive MVP for 2010. (Alex Henery)

I first became aware of Rex while he was still in HS. He played 4 or 5 positions for Plano and was good at all of them. I truly blieve that had Watson played more Wildcat with Rex running the offence we would have beat Texas A & M. I feel the same way about last nights game. The more touches he gets the better off we are.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1: