Scott Frost for OC!!!

With Watson on the outs (only hope) Scott should be given the shot to move up to the OC level. We desperately need A coach on the staff with true HUSKER roots. This staff is great dont get me wrong outside the OC job.I think that Pelini would be well served to have a coach that can relate to the programs roots and fans. Sometimes I get the feeling Pelini thinks we as fans are too hard on the staff. Frost would bring a fresh perspective to the staff and good lord the Offense in general. Get on the phone coach!!!!!

The problem is deeper than just the OC. Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore are all up on the chopping block now, and I think most people are more upset with Cotton than wit Watson. I'd rather see a replacement at o-line, personally, than at OC.

That said, is a WR position coach from Oregon really what this team needs?

The problem is deeper than just the OC. Watson, Cotton, and Gilmore are all up on the chopping block now, and I think most people are more upset with Cotton than wit Watson. I'd rather see a replacement at o-line, personally, than at OC.

To replace Gilmore at WR coach, than yes. As an OC probably not. Oregon receivers seem to be very productive, they catch whats thrown to them, they throw blocks downfield. But this based off what Ive seen on TV.

Beyond the title WR position coach he has the tools and knowledge to do the job IMO. I think he could have a chance to flourish here and bring a new spin on what has worked in this programs past and how to apply it to today's defensive schemes.

Scott Frost barely has the resume to come in here to coach WRs from what I hear. The only thing he has going for him: a) Nebraska ties, which mean nothing outside of sentiment, and B) Chip Kelly association, which I hear also means pretty little with regards to Frost. He's there, but it's Kelly's show and it's not like he has the Midas touch where every assistant coach he comes into contact with magically picks up all his coaching knowledge.

Maybe down the line. I've always been a Frost fan. But right now, no. Calls like this are simply throwing random darts.

Beyond the title WR position coach he has the tools and knowledge to do the job IMO. I think he could have a chance to flourish here and bring a new spin on what has worked in this programs past and how to apply it to today's defensive schemes.

What type of offense would he run and how do we know he would run it? Has he called plays at some level of football before from a coaching stand point?

He is a fiery WR coach, no doubt. He gets in his players faces if they don't block well on the perimeter, but they also do a really good job of catching the football.

As much as I like Frost (and as much as most of the fan base does), I'm really just not seeing the overwhelming appeal of Frost to Nebraska to be the offensive coordinator. I kind of like it, but at the same time, what evidence shows us that he would be an improvement or what this team needs?

What type of offense would he run and how do we know he would run it? Has he called plays at some level of football before from a coaching stand point?

He is a fiery WR coach, no doubt. He gets in his players faces if they don't block well on the perimeter, but they also do a really good job of catching the football.

As much as I like Frost (and as much as most of the fan base does), I'm really just not seeing the overwhelming appeal of Frost to Nebraska to be the offensive coordinator. I kind of like it, but at the same time, what evidence shows us that he would be an improvement or what this team needs?

I understand your point Just saying he needs a shot a some point id love it to be here. I love his passion and as stated above his players produce on the field.

I was actually pretty happy with how the o line played last night. We completely pounded it down their throat when watson actually called power plays. our pass blocking did suck pretty bad but they were just completely teeing off on our line so why not try to run a middle screen, shovel pass, qb draw? Anything to slow down the rush on the qb....isn't that what OC's usually do? This has just been the common theme as long as watson has called plays-has a few good series then completely chokes and ends up costing us the game. The last two years I can really count THREE games that Watson has actually carried his weight, that being the okie state game, k state game this year and I suppose the mizzou game this year. I understand we had several injuries last year and we are starting a freshman qb this year but at what point do the excuses stop? Teams all around the country are having the same issues we are and are still pushing through.

With Watson on the outs (only hope) Scott should be given the shot to move up to the OC level. We desperately need A coach on the staff with true HUSKER roots. This staff is great dont get me wrong outside the OC job.I think that Pelini would be well served to have a coach that can relate to the programs roots and fans. Sometimes I get the feeling Pelini thinks we as fans are too hard on the staff. Frost would bring a fresh perspective to the staff and good lord the Offense in general. Get on the phone coach!!!!!

I dont care if they had UT roots, I would just like to see a offense that executes.

The Oline has improved quite a bit over the last three years hasn't it? I don't think Cotton is going anywhere.

I don't think so. I actually thought the offensive lines under Callahan performed more consistently than the ones we've got now.

Offense never really was the problem under Callahan. He had his blunders offensively, but they were nothing like this.

Frost worked under one of the best offensive minds of the 90s and is now under one of the better ones of the current era. Plus he seems to mesh well with the players. At the very least I would think we could give him a small pay raise to replace Gilmore and maybe coach the WRs and help with the QBs.

I understand your point Just saying he needs a shot a some point id love it to be here. I love his passion and as stated above his players produce on the field.

Similarly, I understand yours. I just don't think his current resume fits the bill to be the offensive coordinator at a big time school like Nebraska. That's a dangerous move and a ballsy one.

Frost worked under one of the best offensive minds of the 90s and is now under one of the better ones of the current era. Plus he seems to mesh well with the players. At the very least I would think we could give him a small pay raise to replace Gilmore and maybe coach the WRs and help with the QBs.

At the very least, I think Frost would be a much better WR coach than Gilmore. That said, I just don't think he fits the bill to jump from WR coach at Oregon to OC at Nebraska yet, as the OP insinuates.