Nebraska vs. Washington, pt. 2

Nexus

Who cares if Insight chose Mizery over us? Frankly they probably should have for 2 reasons:

1) If you think about it the real jacked up thing is the B12 does not set the order the bowls must take the opponents. That is where is all starts. Had the B12 done this, it would take all of the BS behind the scenes crap out of it. This is the way it should be done from a pure standpoint where it does not come down to cash and politics, but gives the players/coaches/staff/teams/fans what the really deserve. Right now only #1 gets what they deserve, everyone else the process is F'd up and it could be so easy fixed with the #2 B12 BCS teams goes to the next highest bowl, #3 B12 BCS next and so on.

It is hard to complain for not being taken ahead of Misery when we sit at #18 and Misery is at #12. Our argument is we bring a bigger fan base and more dollars, that argument frankly stinks......and does not get us far when we have been crying "foul" the last month. Ya we beat Mizery, but does that mean we should automatically be taken ahead of them? Maybe, but probably not. We lost to Ok State who they did not play. They lost to Texas Tech who we did not play. They beat Oklahoma pretty handily and we lost a close one. No real compelling arguments. Again the college standard is set at the BCS so I cannot complain a whole lot about Insight taking Mizery.

2) Moreso, we blew it. We F'in blew it it, plain and simple. We had the chance to choose our own destination and could not get it done. The blame is with the thumb and not the finger.

Let's stop all the complaining and support our team. We are ranked #18 in the BCS and going to a decent bowl. Ya the opponent sucks, but hey we do not get to pick that. Let's make the most out of it and support our team which is what really counts.

You're missing the point. By all previous standards, Nebraska was the easy pick over Missouri. They bring way more fans and everyone in Iowa and nationally was more intrigued by the Big 10 preview game than Iowa-Missouri. The Big 12 stepped in and changed the outcome and that's what people are angry about. Yes everyone agrees we should have handled our business and won the CCG, but we didn't and now we deserve the Alamo or the Insight for what we did accomplish (North champions, 10 wins, handled Missouri) and certainly not the Holiday bowl.

PS - We lost to OSU? I missed that.

I am all for the playoff now. This is crap. Especially for a playoff now since Oregon is in the national championship. No way that team would make it through a playoff with that defense. I can't believe the best minds in America can't find a way to make the playoff pay like the bowls do. Can you imagine if they did away with the NFL playoffs and decided the NFL champion based on the FBCS? I think that conference realignment will hasten a playoff. The sooner (sorry I used that word) the better.

How in God's name do we get thrown behind two teams that we beat head to head, and a third team that we "lost" to on their home field by a field goal that was gifted to them by referees? Especially with a fanbase that travels as well as Nebraska.

Fu*k the sponsors of the Cotton, Alamo, and Insight Bowls.

I'm going because it's a 1 hour drive. I would rather have made the 5 hour drive to Tempe though. :dunno

I will go to any 'skers game I can and this is the cheapest one I'll probably ever get. No airline tix, no hotel. Just BIG RED FOOTBALL

I might even take the 5th wheel and spend New Year's there. Ouch, look out gas lamp district :D

GBR

You're missing the point. By all previous standards, Nebraska was the easy pick over Missouri. They bring way more fans and everyone in Iowa and nationally was more intrigued by the Big 10 preview game than Iowa-Missouri. The Big 12 stepped in and changed the outcome and that's what people are angry about. Yes everyone agrees we should have handled our business and won the CCG, but we didn't and now we deserve the Alamo or the Insight for what we did accomplish (North champions, 10 wins, handled Missouri) and certainly not the Holiday bowl.

I'm not sure why Nebraska got picked over but I'm glad it happened. The MU fanbase is pumped and will most likely sell out their allotment. If I was the one picking bowl games I would have switched aTm and NE, but kept MU where they are. I think that would have made for much better games.

I couldn't be more disappointed with this bowl selection . . . and I live in San Diego.

I was there last year when Bo said, "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." At the time, I thought he meant "back to the top of college football." Now I realize he was talking about Qualcomm Stadium.

:facepalm:

That's funny right there.

wanna know something slightly amusing?

Texas A&M's matchup with LSU will be the only big 12 bowl where the opponent is ranked.

Iowa's not ranked? Haha, thats great.

Im not as upset with this game as most of you are. I would've rather played Iowa, but it doesn't matter who or where we play.... We(I did anyways) knew going into the CCG that if we didn't win, we'd be in either the Holiday or Insight. and they both suck, so it doesn't really matter to me of which degree of suck we got. We got the 6-6 team instead of the 7-5 team, oh well. Life goes on.

Im just hoping to see a red-out on TV, wish I could go, cause Im sure its going to be a blast!!.... For the kids' sake, I hope they have different gifts from last years. Other than that, I just want to see us get some of our swagger back.

I am thankful the fiasco is now over. The final straw is the Holiday Bowl VERSUS WASH. Are you kidding me! Ha! I am not even interested in watching it, the one and only nebraska game I have seen live was against Washington this year. PHHT

The Big XII Admin has shown there ass again. Weasling there way around to dump on Nebraska to the bitter end. Nice moon you laid on us Beebe, you clown! Most people are going think that its just a backlash because Nebraska hosed the conference by leaving. This actually started DAY ONE with this circus of a conference.

1)Killing OU NEB rivalry

2)Championship game in Dallas

3)Prop 48 demise

4)Dispersion of profits

ETC ETC

Yes we did vote it down, ALONE, from the start and that is where it began. I wonder if the Big Ten would have taken us back in 1996?

Allelujiah We are outta here!

Tough stat to research but I imagine this is the first time in NCAA football history that two teams will have played three times in a 365-day period.

Nope. Florida and Florida State did it TWICE in the 90s (94/95 and then 96/97) when they rematched in bowl games. Nebraska and OU nearly did it in 78/79, but it was more like 380 days because the 78 game was played earlier than the usual Thanksgiving weekend game.

While the rematch sucks, people have to realize that the other bowls don't really care about it. There's no overall bowl committee looking around to try to prevent that. The higher bowls don't really worry about what kind of bowl they're leaving for the next bowl behind them. They take the one they want, and the Holiday Bowl was stuck with what was left.