Nebraska vs. Washington, pt. 2

Nexus

How in God's name do we get thrown behind two teams that we beat head to head, and a third team that we "lost" to on their home field by a field goal that was gifted to them by referees? Especially with a fanbase that travels as well as Nebraska.

Fu*k the sponsors of the Cotton, Alamo, and Insight Bowls.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Who cares if Insight chose Mizery over us? Frankly they probably should have for 2 reasons:

1) If you think about it the real jacked up thing is the B12 does not set the order the bowls must take the opponents. That is where is all starts. Had the B12 done this, it would take all of the BS behind the scenes crap out of it. This is the way it should be done from a pure standpoint where it does not come down to cash and politics, but gives the players/coaches/staff/teams/fans what the really deserve. Right now only #1 gets what they deserve, everyone else the process is F'd up and it could be so easy fixed with the #2 B12 BCS teams goes to the next highest bowl, #3 B12 BCS next and so on.

It is hard to complain for not being taken ahead of Misery when we sit at #18 and Misery is at #12. Our argument is we bring a bigger fan base and more dollars, that argument frankly stinks......and does not get us far when we have been crying "foul" the last month. Ya we beat Mizery, but does that mean we should automatically be taken ahead of them? Maybe, but probably not. We lost to Ok State who they did not play. They lost to Texas Tech who we did not play. They beat Oklahoma pretty handily and we lost a close one. No real compelling arguments. Again the college standard is set at the BCS so I cannot complain a whole lot about Insight taking Mizery.

2) Moreso, we blew it. We F'in blew it it, plain and simple. We had the chance to choose our own destination and could not get it done. The blame is with the thumb and not the finger.

Let's stop all the complaining and support our team. We are ranked #18 in the BCS and going to a decent bowl. Ya the opponent sucks, but hey we do not get to pick that. Let's make the most out of it and support our team which is what really counts.

We beat Okie State, if you're going to argue a point, at least get all your stats correct.

I'm not sure where to begin with this. I don't know if it's the Big 12 and Beebe sticking it to us or the general bowl selection method. A lot of bowls already had invites or invites ready to go before championship week. aTm had already received the Cotton Bowl bid and personally, I think they don't deserve it over us or even Mizzou. Sure, they finished strong and beat us but we played for our conference championship and it was a very close game (and it shouldn't have been as we pretty much gave OU every opportunity to blow us out). It sucks that we are going to the Holiday Bowl because we already spanked Washington during the regular season and we played for a conference championship. They beat USC and almost lost to 2-10 Washington State. So basically the consolation of going 10-3 and losing all games by an average of 4 points and losing our conference championship, we get a 6-6 team that doesn't deserve to share the same field with us. I think there is valid reason to be upset as lesser teams are in better bowls or even better bowl matchups. I say do away with the bowl/conference affiliations and let the better teams play in better bowls.

I saw Stewart Mandel from Sports Illustrated post on Twitter that the NU fans and Temple fans deserve to be upset. Temple went 8-4 and beat UConn yet they aren't going bowling anywhere and NU is getting stuck against a team they beat once already that is 6-6. I say we hang 50+ on them again and get the hell out of the Big 12 and move on to bigger and better things.

This is an absolute slap in the face to the players, coaches, and fans. I cannot believe that I have to sit through another thursday night watching Nebraska handle some out matched Pac Chump team, when all I want to see is a decent Big 10/SEC team as our opponent. Thank you Big 12, for making everyone's Holiday season a little more enjoyable.

this could go one of two ways: players and coaches disappointed, play down to their competition, it's a close game, NU looks bad. OR bo is PISSED, players are PISSED and NU wins 77-0. either way this is complete BS but honestly not that surprising seeing how everything else has gone the last several months.

The team will be stoked. Why? They embarrassed themselves against Oklahoma and made a basic laughing stock of themselves in how NU imploded in the B12 CCG and beat themselves. On national TV over the past years NU has played poorly and l;ost more than they have won. They can't let that continue. They should be extremely frustrated and angry and ready to roll. They folded like a tent against OU and gave it away --- they have to get that taste out of their mouths --- and whipping up on Washington will work to get that taste spit out.

11-3 will be the final record. Exactly what most of us thought before the season started. No one should have been surprised on the record this season.

Honestly, if Taylor stays healthy all season, there is NO reason why we shouldn't be 13-0 right now. I honestly believe that because we didn't play a single game where we were out of it. We "dropped" the ball on the Texas game. A healthy Taylor beats aTm and I feel the same for the OU game. The OU game might be the only game that we could have lost based on the turnovers and sacks but honestly, with Taylor not being 100%, it hinders our running game and when that happens, OU just pinned their ears back and blitzed us and put the heat on us. Because we couldn't run the ball and OU was mixing up blitzes and coverages, our hobbled RS frosh QB was confused and out of sorts.

this could go one of two ways: players and coaches disappointed, play down to their competition, it's a close game, NU looks bad. OR bo is PISSED, players are PISSED and NU wins 77-0. either way this is complete BS but honestly not that surprising seeing how everything else has gone the last several months.

11-3 will be the final record. Exactly what most of us thought before the season started. No one should have been surprised on the record this season.

I agree; I also had predicted 3 losses at the beginning of the season (although I didn't think they'd be to the 3 teams we lost to). However, I am surprised at how we got totally shafted in the bowl selection -- THAT I was not suspecting.

Whoever says they should decline this game are a bunch of complete numb skulls. And the bowls below this for the big 12 are already filled. I doubt the Holiday bowl is happy about this matchup either. The Pac-10 only has like 4 teams bowl eligible or something and Nebraska just fell to them. The Holiday bowl really had no other choice to be honest and neither do the teams playing in it. Washington will be amped up for another shot, but I just don't know how Nebraska could get motivated. This is a no win situation for Nebraska.

I wasn't aware that the other bowls had already selected their teams. I don't keep close tabs on this stuff I assumed they were still putting pieces into place and the bowl "projections" on sports pages were just that.

The three bowl below Holiday (Texas already announced Baylor, Pinstripe already announced K-St. and The other one already announced T. Tech.) KSU was announced a couple days ago and Baylor and Tech each announced earlier today. So Nebraska basically for left with the last bowl left available. Also Washington was the only Pac-10 team left. I really do not think the Holiday bowl or anyone involved is going to be happy with this matchup. Maybe Washington because they get a shot at redemption after an embarassing game. It's really a lose/lose situation for Nebraska. You win, so what, you already beat them. Nebraska might not be as motivated and play a close game or even lose.

One thing is for sure....This will be Bo's biggest test for motivating a team I think he's ever had in his coaching career....

Yeah I knew about KSU already accepting. I'm still confused as to why the Rose bowl took TCU even though stanford was eligible and the rose has a pac 10 tie in...are these tie ins only flexible for BCS games? If not then why couldn't the holiday skip on washington and take another bowl eligible team? Just food for thought.

irafreak said: "Really? What a disaster. This game would be nothing but an embarrassment. There's little chance we reproduce the results of the first game so there is nothing to gain here and everything to lose. Will the kids even want to play that game? Smells like the brewing of Missouri Navy..."

I share your concern. Nebraska won't want to be there and may not be motivated for this game. Washington will be pumped up ... they have nothing to lose. WU certainly has better athletes than SDU, and you saw what happened in that game. Washington again? :wtf

I'm still confused as to why the Rose bowl took TCU even though stanford was eligible and the rose has a pac 10 tie in...are these tie ins only flexible for BCS games? If not then why couldn't the holiday skip on washington and take another bowl eligible team? Just food for thought.

The Rose had to take TCU....something in the BCS about having to take a non AQ if the pac 10 champ got into the National championship game instead of the rose. since oregon is playing in the title game that forced the rose to take TCU.