All the other bowls

Bradr

What the heck happened to the bowls this year?!?

Its like they somehow managed to build a bowl season with the most uninteresting match-ups imaginable.

Maybe I'm still numb from yesterdays loss, but college football's postseason looks pretting damn boring this year.

espn.com bowl list

Here some I like:

Insight

Missouri vs. Iowa

Valero Alamo

Oklahoma State vs. Arizona

TicketCity

Northwestern vs. Texas Tech

Chick-fil-A

South Carolina vs. Florida State

Capital One

Alabama vs. Michigan State

Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO

Wisconsin vs. TCU

Discover Orange

Stanford vs. Virginia Tech

Allstate Sugar

Ohio State vs. Arkansas

AT&T Cotton

LSU vs. Texas A&M

Tostitos BCS National Championship Game

Oregon vs. Auburn

is it me, or are the quality of bowl sponsors considerably less impressive this year as well.

UDrove, R+L Carriers, Beef 'O' Brady's, S.D. County Credit Union, AdvoCare V100, Northrop Grumman, Franklin American Mortgage, Bridgepoint Education, TicketCity, BBVA?

i say we get huskerboard members to pool our money, and spend the 153.82 to sponsor our own bowl. The "Who The Heck is Really Going To Watch This Wednesday Afternoon Game In The Middle Of December Bowl, Sponsored by Huskerboard.com" an epic matchup between the Big East and C-USA.

uDrove Humanitarian

Northern Illinois vs. Fresno State

R+L Carriers New Orleans

Ohio vs. Troy

MAACO Las Vegas

Utah vs. Boise State

Insight

Missouri vs. Iowa

Capital One

Alabama vs. Michigan State

Discover Orange

Stanford vs. Virginia Tech

Allstate Sugar

Ohio State vs. Arkansas

Tostitos BCS National Championship Game

Oregon vs. Auburn

---------------

Those are the ones I'm looking forward to that could be interesting...but I agree there are a lot of bad matchups in non-BCS bowls this year for a few reasons. 1) Pac-10 taking 2 to BCS bowls, USC not qualifying and mediocrity after that. 2) Mediocrity in the Big East and ACC, minus Va Tech and FSU at times. Net result is pairings between SEC / Big 10 / Big 10 and Pac-10 / ACC / Big East teams are on the whole not very good. It's too hard to tell how the bowls with non-AQ conference teams will play out but there will probably be some good ones there that don't look like much on paper.

What the heck happened to the bowls this year?!?

Its like they somehow managed to build a bowl season with the most uninteresting match-ups imaginable.

Maybe I'm still numb from yesterdays loss, but college football's postseason looks pretting damn boring this year.

espn.com bowl list

This is the first time in my life I can actually say, I'm not real excited about any of them. The B12 championship was the biggest disapointment I can remember in College football. (for me) And Oregon playing for the national champ????? I refuse to watch that garbage.

OK the NU vs Wash rematch is bad but there are some good or should I say interesting games this year. 4 Big 10 games vs the SEC. I can't wait until next year when Nebraska joins the fray and will beef up the line up vs the SEC schools. I also think the Wisc vs TCU game will be good.

As bad as we got jobbed with our bowl opponent, I believe Okie State got jobbed as well. I thought maybe a bowl would choose us and put us against a Big 10 team for a preview of next year, but unfortunately Mizzou got handed that game. Of everyone in the Big 12, it appears as though A&M got the best of it. Even though OU is going to the BCS game, A&M got the best game.