Black Out?

as a student we are going to be doing the B******...not out of disrespect...but as a sign of admiration for the blackshirts...i understand we are a team and we are the "sea of red" but Georgia uses the same "red sea" idea... ISU also wears red so this would be an even larger indicator for the Huskers...this isn't a sign of dissention at all...just a battle cry for the blackshirts

I don't really like the whole B****** idea. We, as husker fans, are known as the Sea of Red. Black is not one of our colors. Furthermore, I think it's somewhat devisive for the team if McKeon is saying to everyone support the defense by wearing black. How about we support the whole team and wear the team color - red.

I think we wear red and support the team. Nice idea but since it will not spread to everyone it will look dumb.

Our D gets great encouragement it is our O that needs the kick in the nutz

I am not a fan of this B****** idea. One part of the stadium is black, the rest is red? People watching regionally are going to think we are retarded. Besides, we already know the defense kicks ass, it's the offense we need to support. This in my opinion causes some sort of dissention amoung the team. The only way this could be beneficial is if the offense is inspired by the black shirts in the student section and says "we need to step it up". As long as the 3 major problems on the offense remain, that won't happen.

People watching regionally are going to think we are retarded.

We don't get respect from those people anyway (not that we deserve it now, but that never really mattered in the past). Besides, who cares what they think. If they have cell 1 in their brain they will put together.......black section....blackshirts? Could there be a connection? :wacko:

I think it's great that the student section is very involved again. It seems over the last few years they haven't been quite as nuts as it should be.

We don't get respect from those people anyway (not that we deserve it now, but that never really mattered in the past). Besides, who cares what they think. If they have cell 1 in their brain they will put together.......black section....blackshirts? Could there be a connection? :wacko:

I think it's great that the student section is very involved again. It seems over the last few years they haven't been quite as nuts as it should be.

1) Nicely put.

2) I really don't give a sh?t if the whole freakin crowd is wearing pink, Callahan is dressed up as a Cyclone, and Terry Bowden waves around a pitchfork screaming, "ONE TEAM IS GOING THIS DIRECTION, AND THE OTHER TEAM IS GOING THIS DIRECTION!"

As long as the crowd is making lots of noise, and NU wins the game, cosmetics isn't that big of a deal.

1) Nicely put.

2) I really don't give a sh?t if the whole freakin crowd is wearing pink, Callahan is dressed up as a Cyclone, and Terry Bowden waves around a pitchfork screaming, "ONE TEAM IS GOING THIS DIRECTION, AND THE OTHER TEAM IS GOING THIS DIRECTION!"

As long as the crowd is making lots of noise, and NU wins the game, cosmetics isn't that big of a deal.

:horns2

I like the towel idea, but I think it's a nice thing generally.

I could see the offense maybe being feeling a little left out. But maybe it would be motivation for them, too.

So, either way, it will be fun to hear about - I love how the pregame radio starts hours ahead of the game.

I agree about the game's "cosmetics". Points, Ws, that's what I vconsider most important