Email From TO about Watson

Seems like we (the whole NCAA Feetball) have been seeing waves..Two years ago the Offenses seemed to dominate where lately the Defenses have figured out how to stop the spread and what ever else someone besides Oregon has been cooking up..

Gregg Davis has been the OC at TEXASS for 6? of their top 10 Offenses of all time..but was under pressure to leave.

If I were T.O. I would have a response like this typed up and sitting on my desktop ready to be copy-pasted to anyone of the numerous "Fire watson" e-mails I received every day.

Of course. I'm sure he had that typed up (or that Anne had it typed up for him) seconds after reading Guy's post which I quoted above.

I mean, clearly T.O. takes his lead from us schmoes on HuskerBoard. Amiright?

ahh guy You cant do that. You do realize bo makes 2 mill per year his assistants make 6 digit figures and did you see their bonsuses they got. Do you really think Bo is going to risk his 2 mill a year to keep around dead weight. also you do not have the facts with Watson and his evaluation. Know you are frusterated but at least you have the time to do that instead of sitting in Iraq or afghanistan for a year. These are 20 year old kids and our country is falling apart why not take time to blast your public officials rather then worry about 20 year olds playing a game

Just thought I would share this response I received from Tom Osborne regarding a email I sent pleading for him to fire Watson (Which I knew would not do anything but it felt good to write to him about it) Here it is:

Your e-mail is somewhat reminiscent of some that I received in the early 90’s wanting me to fire Charlie McBride and others on my staff. We then proceeded to win 60 games and lose 3 over the next 5 years and such talk subsided considerably. We have won 29 games in 3 years and may very well win 30. Very few coaching staffs have won 10 games a year in their first 3 years, and that would include some of the greats of the profession, such as Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, etc.

I wish you well. I thank you for caring.

Best wishes,

Tom Osborne

Tom Osborne

Athletic Director

University of Nebraska

One Memorial Stadium

Lincoln NE 68588

402-472-3011

402-472-9675 fax

So he won’t fire Watson which we all knew so lets pray everyday that Watson gets a job elsewhere this offseason otherwise it will be another close but no cigar year next season.

Go Big Red!!

Dang it, why does Dr. Tom have to make so much sense?! :) Still, we can point out Watson's weaknesses and hope that he sees them too and corrects them in the next couple of season. I think that Watson is smart enough to really get it together, but it's hard to deny that he's darn frustrating.

It was a nice response, but I think this proves how great of a man Tom Osborne really is consider how nice he was to you. The premise of this e-mail is entirely ridiculous and I'm honestly quite surprised someone would actually send that type of e-mail to Tom Osborne...

I'm not saying that it was a form letter, per se, but I'm sure he has gotten hundreds/thousands of emails like that this season. I'm sure he drafted that response originally, but by now, he probably has his assistant C&P that to any "fire Watson" email.

• Fire 1

It was a nice response, but I think this proves how great of a man Tom Osborne really is consider how nice he was to you. The premise of this e-mail is entirely ridiculous and I'm honestly quite surprised someone would actually send that type of e-mail to Tom Osborne...

Took the words right out of my mouth. Frankly I can't believe people would actually email someone in the AD asking for a coach to be fired, are our fans really that dumb? I guess the answer is yes. So shame on anyone who did and thanks to Tom Osborne for being classy about it.

I don't understand why everyone is treating this as if Tom Osborne actually read that email. He (or a secretary) scanned the subject line and/or the first couple sentences of the body, marked it "bitched about someone on the staff" and sent out a bulk e-mail with a form letter. It is generic, ready to go and they probably have several different types of letters for many different situations. He wasn't being nice, he was responding to many people, probably hundreds a week.