2011 depth chart

krill

Is Braylon Heard ever going to make it? Or are we done with him? Aaron Green WILL be ahead of Robinson though.

Also I would say Bubba Starling would be penciled in at QB IF he doesn't go to the MLB. I gave up hope on that happening though.

He is a top 15 pick in baseball, only way he comes to Nebraska is if he has a serious injury that drops his draft status; tommy john surgery, torn labrum, etc. At which point his effectiveness as a QB is gone as well. So might as well just cross him off the list of recruits for 2011. We can dream though...

We look thin at WR so I would love to see someone take charge there. On defense I am looking forward to seeing Rome and Cooper play. Could be two new key players on defense. I like what Evans has shown thus far. Speed rush off the edge? We need more from Ankrah and maybe Martin becomes that player. Speed rusher off the edge is an instant blackshirt hero in my book...we saw too few sacks this year.

WR is arguably one of the thinnest positions for us at this point. Kinnie will get his catches as our #1 WR, but it's pretty thin behind him. I'd expect Enunwa to step up as a decent threat and possible #2. But, there's also guys like Jean-Baptiste, Kenny Bell and Gilly who could make a difference too. Lord knows we'll need it.

Just think if Joe Broekemeier was a senior to be. He would have been the second coming of Todd Peterson in 2011 the way he was playing at the end of this season. Hate losing guys like that. We could have really used him next year.

I want to see Carnes in the mix at QB. I also am foaming at the mouth at the idea of Rex Burkhead and Aaron Green together as our running backs.

Did Broekemeier see action all four years he was here? As a walk-on, I'd think he'd be eligible for a fifth (redshirt) year. He could start on a masters in something and be the next Peterson, as you say. He strikes me as the Rex Burkhead of wide receivers.

Joe was a baseball player and used up most of his eligibility that way. He came to the FB team due to an injury that I guess stopped him from playing more baseball and has been injured pretty much on and off up to the point he appeared in games. Pretty nice story for a baseball player to come in, rocket up the depth chart and make some noise when we needed anyone to.