Solich wants OC Job????

I didn't say it did. I actually thought it was a huge mistake to fire Solich like they did especially after making the necessary changes he made after 2002 and then only getting one year to win a NC. However, don't for one second think that Texas can't or won't fire Brown if he doesn't have a stellar year next year. Maybe we used poor examples. Maybe we should have said Larry Coker at Miami, Phillip Fulmer at Tennessee, or Lloyd Carr at Michigan. There's not a single one of the three that's teams have accomplished what the coaches they fired or forced out did.

I didn't say it did. I actually thought it was a huge mistake to fire Solich like they did especially after making the necessary changes he made after 2002 and then only getting one year to win a NC. However, don't for one second think that Texas can't or won't fire Brown if he doesn't have a stellar year next year. Maybe we used poor examples. Maybe we should have said Larry Coker at Miami, Phillip Fulmer at Tennessee, or Lloyd Carr at Michigan. There's not a single one of the three that's teams have accomplished what the coaches they fired or forced out did.

Muschamp was the only decent coach at Texas, Mack Brown is screwed, he will be gone by the end of next season.

Muschamp was the only decent coach at Texas, Mack Brown is screwed, he will be gone by the end of next season.

I read somewhere that Muschamp had a buyout clause in his contract with Texas. However, Texas opted out of the buyout. It sure doesn't seem to me like they were all that sad to see him go.

There's also OU fans that have called for Big Game Bob's head after all the BCS losses.

OU didn't actually fire Bob Stoops. Texas isn't going to fire Mack Brown this year either.

Nebraska actually fired Frank Solich after having a 9-3 season. That's a big difference.

Trying to justify Nebraska fans who wanted Solich fired by saying that other fan bases have been just as stupid doesn't make those Nebraska fans less stupid.

100% agree it was an amazingly stupid thing to do. We paid the full price for it too with the Cally years.

Yeah, if only Frank were still HC here. He's right on par with Mack Brown and Bob Stoops. We let one get away.

Um, I'll concede some ground on Bob Stoops, who is one of the best coaches of the last decade, along with Nick Saban and Urban Meyer...

But Mack Brown, really? The guy won one national championship with all of the talent in the state of Texas at his fingertips, and I honestly think it's more fair to credit Vince Young for that season than Mack Brown. But while at Texas, Mack Brown has had seven seasons with three or more losses (which is the number of losses Frank had the season he was fired), and Mack's 2010 season (5-7) was worse than Frank Solich's worst season (7-7).

Frank went 58-19 in six seasons with one conference championship. Tom Osborne went 55-16-2 in his first six seasons, with two shared conference championships. He didn't win his first outright conference championship until 1981, his 9th year, and it took him 22 seasons to win his first national championship.