Solich wants OC Job????

He's 39-35 at Ohio. Only 3 of his 6 teams have had winning records, either overall or in the MAC. Am I supposed to be impressed with that?

They were pitiful before he got there. And he's gotten them to the MAC championship twice in a 5 year coaching tenure. plus, he's developed some pretty good players. It is pretty impressive

The turnaround in his 2nd year was impressive. Since then, pretty mediocre.

Much like Gill's at Buffalo.

By Ohio standards Solich has been successful. Heck Jim Grobe didn't do much there.

Gill took-over hands-down worst program in the country, a perennial 1-11 team, and won a MAC championship. My Buffalo standards his last season was a rousing success and would've had a winning-season if not for his star rb getting hurt before the season started.

Not saying Solich should get the OC-job or Gill gets the HC-job if Bo bolts but they were definitely successful in their MAC stints.

Heard that too. Read about it here:

OH sh#t, now Bo wants to go to UNR? There's an ad for Travel Nevada, and........

yeah.

In all honesty, I would love to see Solich retire as a Husker, maybe not as OC though.

:yeah maybe a new postition could be made up, like ball technique coach, or anti-fumbeling cordinator. He's qualified and here is the proof:

Ok so I'm joking about the new postiions but he sure could help our backs with their fumbeling problem.

I can't remember where I read it but there was an article sometime in the last year about Frank and in that article it talked about how he would just like to go back to being a position coach. So my guess is, if Beck ever leaves and TO and Bo are still here if Frank wants it, he gets it.

Also about his recruting abilities, TO has said on more than one ocassion that Frank was one of the best recruiters TO had. He named off a laundry list of players that he got to sign here.

Frank Solich is a Husker...always will be in my mind. But I question his credentials as an offensive coordinator for Nebraska. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he fire himself as Nebraska's offensive coordinator after the 2002 season?

Only so much as Bo Pelini fired himself as defensive coordinator after 2008. He passed off the "coordinating" duties to someone else in order to focus more on being head coach.

I can't remember where I read it but there was an article sometime in the last year about Frank and in that article it talked about how he would just like to go back to being a position coach. So my guess is, if Beck ever leaves and TO and Bo are still here if Frank wants it, he gets it.

I didn't believe it, because I wouldn't think a head coach would say that since it could be used against him in recruiting, but he did say it. It sounds like the earliest he'd consider it is after his contract is up in 2013.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_ca4d4d53-0308-56a2-98b6-2c2f85efeb2a.html

I didn't believe it, because I wouldn't think a head coach would say that since it could be used against him in recruiting, but he did say it. It sounds like the earliest he'd consider it is after his contract is up in 2013.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_ca4d4d53-0308-56a2-98b6-2c2f85efeb2a.html

I'm not real internet savy, so not sure how you dug that up but thanks

I heard Solich interviewed last year and he was very open to the idea of one day returning to Nebraska to finish his coaching career and was willing to be an assistant.

I don't think this is too likely... but if it happens, I'll be happy. A part of me died when I heard Solich was fired. I just couldn't believe Nebraska would do that to one of its own sons after a 9-3 season.

But to many, it was a brilliant move to fire the staff for a 10 - 3 season because it then brought us four years of Callahan.

NU mave have the best fans but also the most stupid.

Btw, who was the last NU HC to win the BigXII? Beat Texas? Play in the NC game? Ah, who cares.....roll out the excuses.

What? How can you say something like that? For the record I never wanted Solich gone. Besides that you act like Nebraska is the only fanbase that has people calling for coaches heads after bad things. A lot of shaggybevo posters want mack brown gone. His record there is impressive but one bad season...

Oregon runs an option offense. Seems to be working ok, to the tune of 50 points per game.

Oregon really lives off the zone read, which is more or less what we are trying to do. Granted, they have been perfecting that system and have the OL for it while we are in year 1, and a bit different in style.

Plus, their offense completely disappeared against California so it's not like it's been totally consistent :P And they played a lot of bad defenses. :P No, I like Oregon's offense a lot. Just being contentious here.

there is a big difference between the nebraska option and the oregon option. And as much as i loved the days of the option i just dont know if i want that back. The level of defensive athleticism has changed dramatically in the last decade and im afraid it wouldnt work as well

There's also OU fans that have called for Big Game Bob's head after all the BCS losses.

OU didn't actually fire Bob Stoops. Texas isn't going to fire Mack Brown this year either.

Nebraska actually fired Frank Solich after having a 9-3 season. That's a big difference.

Trying to justify Nebraska fans who wanted Solich fired by saying that other fan bases have been just as stupid doesn't make those Nebraska fans less stupid.

Oregon runs an option offense. Seems to be working ok, to the tune of 50 points per game.

Oregon really lives off the zone read, which is more or less what we are trying to do. Granted, they have been perfecting that system and have the OL for it while we are in year 1, and a bit different in style.

Plus, their offense completely disappeared against California so it's not like it's been totally consistent :P And they played a lot of bad defenses. :P No, I like Oregon's offense a lot. Just being contentious here.

there is a big difference between the nebraska option and the oregon option. And as much as i loved the days of the option i just dont know if i want that back. The level of defensive athleticism has changed dramatically in the last decade and im afraid it wouldnt work as well

Of course there's a big difference between Nebraska's option and Oregon's option, it's 13 years later! Offenses change. 1997 Nebraska looked a lot different than 1995 Nebraska. If Osborne was still coaching and calling plays today, his option offense would probably look a lot like Oregon's or Florida's option offense.

I also don't completely buy that the "level of defensive athleticism has changed dramatically in the last decade." That always seems like a cop-out to me. You're really saying that there are significantly better athletes today than there were in 2000? Because there are plenty of guys from 2000 still playing in the NFL, and I think the NFL has some pretty decent athletes. Heck, go back to 1994, and you'll see a Miami defense with Warren Sapp AND Ray Lewis. Anybody who tries to tell me that there's a better or more athletic defense in college football this year than 1994 Miami is out of their mind.