Will Muschamp named Florida's new HC

Nexus

I don't blame him. If Mack is going to coach for another 3-5 years, as appears to be the case, and I'm quite sure Mack was honest about that behind closed doors, then Muschamp would've been crazy to say no. As I posted on Shaggy, you never know -- Will could have a heart attack and die three years from now, and obviously his widow and sons wouldn't be destitute, but those extra millions could be the difference between pursuing whichever medical school was their choice, or Julliard, cost is not a factor, etc, and not being able to do so.

I'm a UT alum with no kids, and I'd have gone too. I could do a lot just for charities with all that extra money, and I can only imagine the responsibility a parent must feel.

Sure wish it would've worked out differently, but best of luck, Will.

How would we be evening the score when they are in a slump. We have lost to Texas when they sucked and we were great and they were great and we sucked. Even if we played next year and they were down they would still lead in victories

Who cares, our program is not crumbling apart like theirs haha. Besides you play the game to win National TItles (we have won 5), not to beat Texas...

Hmmm...interesting choice and I am bit surprised with Muschamp being the head coach in waiting at Texas. But apparently this is a move back to his home region I suppose. Maybe FL thinks they can pull an Auburn and get a former Auburn DC and Texas DC (Chizik) to lead them back to the top. I dunno...the way I see it FL has always been the class of the SEC in terms of high powered offenses and a defensive head coach there seems to be a bit of a misfit. FL already gets top defensive recruits but I am not so sure this hurts them in the long run with offensive recruits who can play now at other SEC schools with an offensive minded program like South Carolina, Arkansas, and even Miss. State. FL doesn't seem to have the lock on offensive recruits anymore in the SEC IMO. Muschamp may be a good long term choice but I don't see FL winning big near term.