Huskers and Adidas?

Mosskid84

So if we do switch to Nike, and they make those fancy-schmancy Pro Combat uniforms for us, what picture do y'all wanna see on the gloves?

Offensive players- a picture of Herbie, since Nike is doing it..... The :bigredn: would be too simple.

Defensive players- the bones.... :bonesflag:

I like the bones idea. That would be sweet!

I would pay like $200 for a pair of gloves like that.

I've been watching this thread but unable to post from work.

Nebraska left Nike because Adidas offered more money. There are 2 ways to look at this

1. (Once again my opinion) Adidas may offer more $ but the fan bases loses out on more availability of fan gear. The team also loses out on the technology Nike uses in everything from the socks to the helmets to improve performance.

2. If they go with Nike they may get less money coming in to the team.(not sure on figures...I don't know them) Nike does like to put their stamp on everything so they may want to alter things. But, you have to remember Nebraska was the team we know and love when they had Nike Sponsor them before.

I would vote Nike in a heartbeat as long as we don't change too much. But, I doubt Dr. Tom would let them change much.

Lol..... marketing hype much?

Dude ....ummm I work for Nike. (Not for the football section) But, for the pro combat uniform to weigh less fully saturated than other uniforms completely dry is in itself huge. The energy you save can be put into the game instead of lugging extra weight. The concept is if you don't have to think about what you are wearing then you can think about the game. Read about it ....yes Nike hypes but so does every company.

Dude ....ummm I work for Nike. (Not for the football section) But, for the pro combat uniform to weigh less fully saturated than other uniforms completely dry is in itself huge. The energy you save can be put into the game instead of lugging extra weight. The concept is if you don't have to think about what you are wearing then you can think about the game. Read about it ....yes Nike hypes but so does every company.

I am sorry as cool as they may be, the thought that one is saving a performance changing amount of energy based on the weight of their uniform is a joke. Seriously?

Also if a player is so caught up in his looks on the field vs. performance why would I want him on the field? Maybe the thought is more for the redshirt frosh that never get to see the field but still suit up. At least they look good.

Again a cool concept, but a completely irrelevent scientific breakthrough for uniforms. Pads get heavy when wet, not the uni.

I am sorry as cool as they may be, the thought that one is saving a performance changing amount of energy based on the weight of their uniform is a joke. Seriously?

Also if a player is so caught up in his looks on the field vs. performance why would I want him on the field? Maybe the thought is more for the redshirt frosh that never get to see the field but still suit up. At least they look good.

Again a cool concept, but a completely irrelevent scientific breakthrough for uniforms. Pads get heavy when wet, not the uni.

Nike does do an incredible amount of research into developing new technologies to increase peformance, durability and whatever else among any sport they make equipment for. They market the hell out of it, but they're marketing the hell out of something legitimate, it's not just a gimmick.

Nebraska left Nike because Adidas offered more money. There are 2 ways to look at this

1. (Once again my opinion) Adidas may offer more $ but the fan bases loses out on more availability of fan gear. The team also loses out on the technology Nike uses in everything from the socks to the helmets to improve performance.

2. If they go with Nike they may get less money coming in to the team.(not sure on figures...I don't know them) Nike does like to put their stamp on everything so they may want to alter things. But, you have to remember Nebraska was the team we know and love when they had Nike Sponsor them before.

I would vote Nike in a heartbeat as long as we don't change too much. But, I doubt Dr. Tom would let them change much.

If you really do work for nike, then can you tell them that not everyone is 5' 9" and 250lbs. Kthxbai

If you really do work for nike, then can you tell them that not everyone is 5' 9" and 250lbs. Kthxbai

If your having troubles finding good fitting stuff try talking to a Team dealer. Enter your zip code in this site http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/DealerList.asp It will pull a list of your local Nike Team dealers. The other sizes are made just not as popular so it goes to other places.

And if you think the weight thing is garbage carry around an extra ten pounds for an hour an tell me if you can tell the difference lol. That is just one of the benefits as well. The pro combat stuff is also made with built in padding and ergonomic seaming which give you a better range of motion and more protection. I realize I sound like a commercial but if you would see and feel the difference between Nike and other companies you would be a believer too.

I would be for a move to Nike. I don't understand where all this Nike hate is coming from and a lot of it sounds made up.

i dont understand where all the want for a move is coming from. most of the nike stuff sounds just as made up.

adidas doesnt just focus on soccer. thats completely ignorant. you ever get lucky and take a walk thru the actual equipment room, adidas is doing just fine.

Humorous read

I would be for a move to Nike. I don't understand where all this Nike hate is coming from and a lot of it sounds made up.

i dont understand where all the want for a move is coming from. most of the nike stuff sounds just as made up.

adidas doesnt just focus on soccer. thats completely ignorant. you ever get lucky and take a walk thru the actual equipment room, adidas is doing just fine.

Humorous read

I would support a move to Nike because I think they can make a better uniform, plain and simple.

Humorous read

I would support a move to Nike because I think they can make a better uniform, plain and simple.

well, in the end, they must be pretty much equal quality wise. reebok supplies every nfl team. guess who owns them? granted, the deal is going to nike soon, but i havent heard many complaints from the nfl on the quality of uniforms.

nike is espn, nothing more.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly wouldn't care if Nebraska made slight changes to the uniforms. There wouldn't be multiple awesome historical uniforms if someone hadn't decided to modify them from time to time. I'd be interested to know if uniform changes are a relatively recent hot topic... I wonder if people were up in arms when Nebraska added the double shoulder stripes ~1968 or when they got rid of them in the late 70's.

A pretty cool uniform history page.

New member here. I usually stay away from the message boards during the season. Stayed away for a couple days after the bowl game, if you can call it a game. Now i need something to hold me over until next season. :dunno This is a very rough mock up of what i want the uniforms to look like. I'm not on my photoshop computer but i think you will get the idea. Obviously the patch is on the wrong side because couldn't really fit it on the left in this perspective. Or you could get rid of the patch entirely. I'm not sure if i like the patch or not. Fire away

post-9640-045928000 1294084019.jpg