Martinez nominated for Herbie Award

choyeskilm

If that ain't a Herbie Husker award, I don't care.

I think it's pretty cool Martinez was up for a Herbie. I don't understand people's problem with Herbstreit. The guy is actually very knowledgable and does a good job communicating his thoughts to the audience. Plus, since Pelini took over, Herbie has been on Nebraska's nuts. The guy loves Bo. So he freaked out one night about Nebraska fans taking over a poll... if you're honest with yourself you can see why he would freak out.

• Fire 1

I think it's pretty cool Martinez was up for a Herbie. I don't understand people's problem with Herbstreit. The guy is actually very knowledgable and does a good job communicating his thoughts to the audience. Plus, since Pelini took over, Herbie has been on Nebraska's nuts. The guy loves Bo. So he freaked out one night about Nebraska fans taking over a poll... if you're honest with yourself you can see why he would freak out.

Not Herbstreit. ESPN. ;)

This is why some have issues with Herbstreit, in case anyone wants to see it again. ;)

• Fire 1

This is why some have issues with Herbstreit, in case anyone wants to see it again. ;)

Yeah, Herbstreit *was* a whiney little bitch over the ’71 NU and ‘95 NU being in the top two teams of all time. But all announcers can be dicks sometimes. They generate controversy and then talk about it. THat's what they do. All in all, Herbstreit is about as good as it gets for a talking head.

Yeah, Herbstreit *was* a whiney little bitch over the ’71 NU and ‘95 NU being in the top two teams of all time. But all announcers can be dicks sometimes. They generate controversy and then talk about it. THat's what they do. All in all, Herbstreit is about as good as it gets for a talking head.

You're right, he's usually as impartial as they come, but that doesn't mean he can't be given some schtuff for this epic meltdown. :)