Huskers Having Hard Time Selling Holiday Bowl Tickets

Yahoo Sports Link

Snip:

OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Apathy for the Holiday Bowl matchup with Washington has forced Nebraska to dig deep for ways to spur ticket sales.

This week, Nebraska offered a pair of free basketball tickets to anyone who buys tickets to the bowl game in San Diego on Dec. 30.....

Really?

That seems like a step in the wrong direction. If someone was having reservations about buying the bowl tickets, I'd think offering them free basketball tickets would sway their decision to absolutely not purchasing the bowl tickets. I'd think offering free tickets to next year's home opener in football would get a lot more bang for the buck.

im not afraid to admit that i was fully planning on going to phoenix-fiesta or insight.

now im going to salt lake city and vail with my sister. i dont feel bad about it at all. ill actually be traveling on the 30th.

does that make me less of a fan?

if so, whatever. im going to have fun. watching nebraska play a .500 team that im going to watch in lincoln next year doesnt sound like fun. it sounds like a chore. we have a great fanbase, but that doesnt mean they should basically shoot themselves in the foot to prove it to the world. i have a feeling that most that complain about not buying tickets for the bowl game have likely never bought a ticket from the actual university for any game. i know ive ran into that several times with acquaintances. "oh youre not going because its washington, what a fan you are..." all while theyve never been to a game and i couldnt drag them there if i offered them a ticket.

im not afraid to admit that i was fully planning on going to phoenix-fiesta or insight.

I'm in the same boat as you. I came home from work and the wife told me that we were going to the Fiesta or Insight Bowl and then I told her to make love to me LOL. We have a friend that lives in Phoenix that we would've stayed with which would've help us out a lot in saving some green.

The wife and I took a vacation to San Diego almost two years ago and with that experienced decided that we wouldn't be making another trip there because of how expensive it was.

I'm in the same boat as you. I came home from work and the wife told me that we were going to the Fiesta or Insight Bowl and then I told her to make love to me LOL. We have a friend that lives in Phoenix that we would've stayed with which would've help us out a lot in saving some green.

The wife and I took a vacation to San Diego almost two years ago and with that experienced decided that we wouldn't be making another trip there because of how expensive it was.

hey, at least you got something out of the deal.

winner winner!