Huskers Having Hard Time Selling Holiday Bowl Tickets

If I were in SoCal, I would make the trip. Good excuse to go to San Diego, but if you went out to San Diego last year, and went to Seattle earlier this year, it's hard to justify another trip to see a team you already saw 3 months ago at a location you went to last year. It's an unfortunate situation. If Washington State took care of business, the Huskers might be playing Notre Dame or Boise St. Those would both be stellar matchups.

iirc we would be playing USC if they weren't banned from bowl games.

ND, Boise St or USC = this game is very easily sold out days ago. regardless of the bowl game or location.

Can't cite washington state for "not taking care of business". really can only blame ourselves for not doing that vs OU.

Can't really blame Washington State for this...

Hopefully the university figures out something to get tickets into the hands of people that will go to the game. Disappointed as the fans may be with the game, it's not the Holiday Bowl's fault they got stuck with this matchup and it wouldn't be good for anyone to have a half full stadium.

The problem alot of people don't look at is the fact that it's not the tickets that are the problem. Alot of us, me included, just don't have the cash to go. Not only would I have to pay for trip, but also would be shorted money from not working for a few days.

Now, I would also say I would probably try harder to make it if the matchup was better. The repeat San Diego thing isn't a biggie for me. Hell, anytime I can go somewhere and golf and go to the beach when it's winter is good for me, it's really the matchup the more I break it down.

This is also the first year where the recession has really hit the state of Nebraska. We've weathered the storm better than most states for the past two years, but this year we're getting socked worse than the last two. I think we're in better shape overall, and shockingly we're seeing more structural growth in Lincoln this year than in the past five years combined, but in general we're in an economic decline, and that combined with the repeat game and the repeat bowl are probably the three largest factors in sluggish sales.

When they kick off 12/30/10, there'll be more Husker fans than Huskies fans in the crowd. The talk about ticket sales is blown up a little because there isn't much else to talk about right now.

On the radio, I heard an advertisement where the University is trying to get fans to purchase tickets and then donate them to Heroes for Huskers which I believe they said was marines in the military. It's a sad day when the University has to beg fans to buy tickets to a football game. While we don't have a lot to play for, if we lose this game we more than likely drop out of the top 25 at seasons end.