Who will the new RB coach be IF Beck is our next OC?

corncraze

Does anyone know the status on Tom Rathman. After Singeltary's firing he might be available. Here's a guy that could coach RB and if Pellini chose to go to the run game/pass game coordinator split (like Beck experience under Mangino did at KU) TR would be more than capable. Further, I'm pretty sure Bo and Tom would be familiars with their niners connections.

I like the idea of Rathman

So do I but foo we really think he would leave the nfl to be a RB coach here? Isn't that a big pay cut? Also even if he gets let go from the niners, some other nfl team will pick him up. He has been with 2 other nfl teams ya know.

Yeah, probably try to catch on with the Raiders if he gets axed from SF. That way he could stay in Redwood Shores.

If anyone is hoping for a big name it wont happen. I will give 2 reasons why.

1. money. NU wont pay out the big bucks for the head coach, they wont for an OC.

2. trust. Does anyone see Bo handing complete control of the offense to an outsider? There are no obivious connections to Bo at OC so the position would be fill from within and further build on the direction the offense took this year.

If a change happens Beck will be OC. Becks may take over QB coaching duties he may stay at RB. The coaching positions to be filled will probably be filled with young guys who impress Bo. That's the way it should be.

1. money. NU wont pay out the big bucks for the head coach, they wont for an OC.

2. trust. Does anyone see Bo handing complete control of the offense to an outsider? There are no obivious connections to Bo at OC so the position would be fill from within and further build on the direction the offense took this year.

If a change happens Beck will be OC. Becks may take over QB coaching duties he may stay at RB. The coaching positions to be filled will probably be filled with young guys who impress Bo. That's the way it should be.

Shawn Watson 2009 salary, $375,000, 2010 Salary, $380,000

Only Paul Petrino the OC at Illinois makes more than Watson in the Big Ten.

Carl Pelini will be the highest paid DC in the Big Ten

FYI

OSU's Dana Holgorsen, $360,000

Nebraska's assistant coaches salaries are very competitive across the country.

Pelini would be the 4th highest paid HC in the Big Ten behind Tressel, Ferentz and Rodriguez

• Fire 1

Shawn Watson 2009 salary, $375,000, 2010 Salary, $380,000

Only Paul Petrino the OC at Illinois makes more than Watson in the Big Ten.

Carl Pelini will be the highest paid DC in the Big Ten

FYI

OSU's Dana Holgorsen, $360,000

Nebraska's assistant coaches salaries are very competitive across the country.

Pelini would be the 4th highest paid HC in the Big Ten behind Tressel, Ferentz and Rodriguez

Two of which are grossly overpaid.