Time to wake up

Haspula

Ever since the ok state game, teams found a way to take away our run game. It seems like watson hasn't noticed. That explains all our loses (Oklahoma, texas am).

The Solution: Recruit a wide receiver and a passing quarterback. Or pray to god taylor grows a throwing arm this off season and our WR and TE magically obtain an ability to catch a pass and not drop it

Ever since the ok state game, teams found a way to take away our run game. It seems like watson hasn't noticed. That explains all our loses (Oklahoma, texas am).

The Solution: Recruit a wide receiver and a passing quarterback. Or pray to god taylor grows a throwing arm this off season and our WR and TE magically obtain an ability to catch a pass and not drop it

our entire offensive unit is not coached up...the coaches are the problem, the kids struggled and got worse, not better this year...sad.

our entire offensive unit is not coached up...the coaches are the problem, the kids struggled and got worse, not better this year...sad.

As was the case a year ago, minus the "coming out party" for the offense in the holiday bowl.

Except for Missouri.

To people who think Tmart is the problem. Show me the point that the other QBs for NU this season have been better. Its easy to point at the QB with the ball. The oline hasnt been pulling there weight. How about instead of focusing on the back field for recruiting. We focus on Oline recruiting. Cause lets face it. You can put anyone in the back field but without blocking they dont stand a chance.

• Fire 1

No opponents gave figured anything out. This is an offense that is based on big plays and big plays only. Do you really think Oklahoma and Washington called South Dakota State D Coordinator to find out what they did? If they aren't popping off 20+ yards, they are done.

I do think Watson is the problem and I don't think Martinez should be #1 anymore (there has to be someone coming in..please), but I just don't see any changes. I do hope I'm wrong.

To people who think Tmart is the problem. Show me the point that the other QBs for NU this season have been better. Its easy to point at the QB with the ball. The oline hasnt been pulling there weight. How about instead of focusing on the back field for recruiting. We focus on Oline recruiting. Cause lets face it. You can put anyone in the back field but without blocking they dont stand a chance.

You're right that no one can do it without blocking, but everything else I disagree with.

The best example of Martinez's issues come from the B12 Championship. Continuing to eat sacks when you can throw the ball out of bounds. Not what you expect from a starter at the end of the season. If he isn't running untouched for 25+, he's pedestrian. Can't build a team around that.

We were exposed. Martinez is not a QB. Bo is not the second coming. We have a lot of work to do if we want to be competitive in the Big 10.

Truly pathetic performance. Embarrassing to coaches, players, and fans.

We will learn and come back better, but this was pathetic.

Taylor should be a receiver as he has been exposed OVER AND OVER AND OVER again as a very poor QB, though a great athlete. As it turns out, the recruiters were right...

• Fire 1

We were exposed. Martinez is not a QB. Bo is not the second coming. We have a lot of work to do if we want to be competitive in the Big 10.

Truly pathetic performance. Embarrassing to coaches, players, and fans.

We will learn and come back better, but this was pathetic.

Taylor should be a receiver as he has been exposed OVER AND OVER AND OVER again as a very poor QB, though a great athlete. As it turns out, the recruiters were right...

Good post

You're right that no one can do it without blocking, but everything else I disagree with.

The best example of Martinez's issues come from the B12 Championship. Continuing to eat sacks when you can throw the ball out of bounds. Not what you expect from a starter at the end of the season. If he isn't running untouched for 25+, he's pedestrian. Can't build a team around that.

Right. Throw it out of bounds when you're in the pocket and enveloped by d-lineman because your o-line just touches them and lets them through. That's just as good as a sack, because it's intentional grounding. We saw what happens when he does get rid of it in the Oklahoma game. Pick, in the endzone. A sack is much better than a pick. He can play much better, but the sacks are not completely on him. Problem is, everyone around here proclaimed him as their Messiah when he went off against Washington and K-State, then when they come crashing back to reality, he's the worst quarterback ever. Jesus people, there's a happy medium.

Right. Throw it out of bounds when you're in the pocket and enveloped by d-lineman because your o-line just touches them and lets them through. That's just as good as a sack, because it's intentional grounding. We saw what happens when he does get rid of it in the Oklahoma game. Pick, in the endzone. A sack is much better than a pick. He can play much better, but the sacks are not completely on him. Problem is, everyone around here proclaimed him as their Messiah when he went off against Washington and K-State, then when they come crashing back to reality, he's the worst quarterback ever. Jesus people, there's a happy medium.

Happy Medium...I thought the back to back delay of game penalties were solid.

Yea he does make poor decisions. But again you cant just point the finger at him. T-tragic isn't the only one who is making mistakes. Cody is a fumble machine also. Helu and rex fumble it as well. Tmart needs some better coaching and practice. I mean HELLO he is a damn freshman. I think alot of ppl forget that fact. Hes not gonna get better over night. I think he has done well as a freshman. But horrible as a starting QB. Give him time. If the coaches believe he not the best at QB then they will dump him. I hope he gets better or ANOTHER qb steps up. They should of gave Zach Lee a shot at this game and let Martinez get more pratice in.

Yea he does make poor decisions. But again you cant just point the finger at him. T-tragic isn't the only one who is making mistakes. Cody is a fumble machine also. Helu and rex fumble it as well. Tmart needs some better coaching and practice. I mean HELLO he is a damn freshman. I think alot of ppl forget that fact. Hes not gonna get better over night. I think he has done well as a freshman. But horrible as a starting QB. Give him time. If the coaches believe he not the best at QB then they will dump him. I hope he gets better or ANOTHER qb steps up. They should of gave Zach Lee a shot at this game and let Martinez get more pratice in.

It'd be ignorant to blame one person...I agree. I just don't think we'll see T-Mart at starting QB anymore....maybe slot. He'll never play 'D'.