T-Magic

macroboy

Oh boy, there's simply no end to the insults and pure hatred thrown at our freshman qb. Wow.

What a thread.....I'll just leave.

These are not insults or hatred.

Taylor struggled big time, at the expense of our last two games. Fact. It isn't his fault completely that he has been derailed since his injury. It isn't his fault, totally, that he is a raw, unprepared freshman "quarterback" with quote marks for emphasis. It is the fault of whoever decided to ride that ship into the iceberg.

I'm really torn on how I feel about Martinez. He obviously has some incredible skills and the big-play potential is always there. I just don't understand why we don't move the pocket with him. I know its been said he doesn't throw well on the run, but its not like he's tearing it up from the pocket. AT least if you roll him out, if he does see a opening he can tuck it and run. I really feel he wasn't put in a postion to maximize what he can do (once the zone read was taken away). I really believe much of his struggling falls to the coaching staff.

That said, what really concerns me about him is the apparent lack of leadership. I realize you can really see very litte from watching on TV, but it sure seems like the team is not enamored of him. I really believe a quarterback needs that charisma or leadership ability to pull a team together.

I'm really torn on how I feel about Martinez. He obviously has some incredible skills and the big-play potential is always there. I just don't understand why we don't move the pocket with him. I know its been said he doesn't throw well on the run, but its not like he's tearing it up from the pocket. AT least if you roll him out, if he does see a opening he can tuck it and run. I really feel he wasn't put in a postion to maximize what he can do (once the zone read was taken away). I really believe much of his struggling falls to the coaching staff.

That said, what really concerns me about him is the apparent lack of leadership. I realize you can really see very litte from watching on TV, but it sure seems like the team is not enamored of him. I really believe a quarterback needs that charisma or leadership ability to pull a team together.

Because that would probably be effective, and if it's effective, Twatson won't incorporate it. He fails to see what is painfully obvious even from a fan's perspective. I honestly believe that 90% of HuskerBoard could call a better game than Twatson.

On to Cody Green. He should not be judged on his performance in the Holiday Bowl. He came in under terrible circumstances and definitely had some rust to shake off. He had no time to get into a rhythm and couldn't rely on the run game or threat of play-action (due to the score). Had he played more in the game, I think he would have outperformed Taylor. Cody has much better pocket presence than Taylor (see CU game) but he has gotten far from a fair shake this season.

Oh boy, there's simply no end to the insults and pure hatred thrown at our freshman qb. Wow.

What a thread.....I'll just leave.

So last year you could throw out all the insults you wanted at Zac Lee but we can't say anything about Martinez?

Okay.

• Fire 1

Everyone hated Zac last year until it came out he was injured. Everyone loved Taylor this year until he got injured. :corndance

Not everyone :)

The injuries to me give Taylor more of a pass than anything.

The other things - same criticism from start to finish. Heck I think for some it has gone all the way back to Taylor's recruitment. Not really about hate, so much as skillset and other things that cast doubt about him as a starting QB.

I think we all realize the weapon on offense Taylor is when healthy.

Everyone hated Zac last year until it came out he was injured. Everyone loved Taylor this year until he got injured. :corndance

The other things - same criticism from start to finish. Heck I think for some it has gone all the way back to Taylor's recruitment. Not really about hate, so much as skillset and other things that cast doubt about him as a starting QB.

He is NO weapon when you can only run, the last 4 games proved that. Would have to make a major improvement in passing, reading defenses etc.

Hopefully one of the new boys will at least push him to be better. When he gets the respect of the team let me know, he sure did not this year!

name one good defense Martinez had a good game against.....

Are we really at the point where I am trying to defend Taylor? I am trying to be fair and reminding people of the good this year, which was pretty dazzling.

I am a pro-style QB guy! When I say we have to count on his running/explosiveness making up for stuff, I am stating the reality of sticking with Taylor and Bo's logic in this situation, which I disagree with in terms of preferences, but don't consider completely stupid either. I think Bo's call could work in our favor, especially in the Big 10, and I can get on board with it, certainly. I am not wedded to a passing offense even if it is what I prefer to see. I will even give Taylor a chance to prove me wrong, skeptical as I have been of him.

Taylor's OSU game was out of this world and I don't think any of us thought he had it in him. 5 TD passes, oh my goodness, and how many total yards?

Are we really at the point where I am trying to defend Taylor? I am trying to be fair and reminding people of the good this year, which was pretty dazzling.

I am a pro-style QB guy! When I say we have to count on his running/explosiveness making up for stuff, I am stating the reality of sticking with Taylor and Bo's logic in this situation, which I disagree with in terms of preferences, but don't consider completely stupid either. I think Bo's call could work in our favor, especially in the Big 10, and I can get on board with it, certainly. I am not wedded to a passing offense even if it is what I prefer to see. I will even give Taylor a chance to prove me wrong, skeptical as I have been of him.

Taylor's OSU game was out of this world and I don't think any of us thought he had it in him. 5 TD passes, oh my goodness, and how many total yards?

yeah, against OSU. the defense that ranked 115th against the pass. I'm not saying that we should abandon him completely, he is only a freshman after all. However there is zero evidence that this offense would have performed any better against good defenses had he not been hurt. Everyone should get a fair shot at qb next year.