Chatelain's Morning Article

Sipple, all out of sunshine:

LINK

When I click on this link knapple it takes me to another thread here on HB. Just thought I'd let you know.

I love this quote by Watson the morning after the Holiday Bowl:

The No. 1 thing we have to do is establish who we are -- our identity," Watson said.

Really???? OMG, I think he's finally figured it out!!!! Thank goodness! It looks like we're going to be o.k. in 2011 after all!!!

whew....

Here's a pic snapped of SW right after the interview.

news1261415146funny-smile_bigger.jpg

I think the team has just given up. And it showed.

The defense knows no matter how hard they play,

they can't overcome the offense's ineptitude.

The offense knows with Watson calling the shots,

no matter how hard they try the offense is doomed to failure.

Bo and Dr. Tom need to find the cahoonies to make the hard

decisions they and they alone are responsible to make. No more Mr. Magoo

"cover-up our assistant coaching incompetence for the sake of continuity"

BS.

Are they running a half-a**ed "Good 'Ol Boys Network" of protected yet

laughably inept assistant coaches or are they responsible for a D1 football program.

It's decision time gentlemen.

What is it we actually have here, a Husker Football Program or a Coaches Country Club?

There's too many things that most of us do not know. If it is true that Lee didn't play this year because he's not Pelini's boy, then does that fall on Wats? None of us know how much of a hand Bo had in the offense. If it was quite a bit, then does that fall on Wats? If the offense was a direct reflection of Watson, yes he needs to be gone. However, if Watson didn't have the authority to play whichever players he chose and when then I don't think we can fault and/or fire him. What it really comes down to is what kind of deck was used and how was it dealt? Only the true insiders know this, and maybe only Wats and Bo know this.

good post, but when the smoke clears, the embers are still lying at Bo's feet. i don't care who made the decision to play TM, the play calling and scheming from Watson was pathetic...SW needs to go....NOW!

Bo is the coach, all fault lies with him!

There's too many things that most of us do not know. If it is true that Lee didn't play this year because he's not Pelini's boy, then does that fall on Wats? None of us know how much of a hand Bo had in the offense. If it was quite a bit, then does that fall on Wats? If the offense was a direct reflection of Watson, yes he needs to be gone. However, if Watson didn't have the authority to play whichever players he chose and when then I don't think we can fault and/or fire him. What it really comes down to is what kind of deck was used and how was it dealt? Only the true insiders know this, and maybe only Wats and Bo know this.

good post, but when the smoke clears, the embers are still lying at Bo's feet. i don't care who made the decision to play TM, the play calling and scheming from Watson was pathetic...SW needs to go....NOW!

does anyone here think Bo is telling Watson what plays to run on offense?......i sure don't think so.....he might be in his ear to some extent, but i still think Wats is basically running the show when it comes to calling plays, because we see the same old sh#t all the time......i don't think Pelini is that dull!

does anyone here think Bo is telling Watson what plays to run on offense?......i sure don't think so.....he might be in his ear to some extent, but i still think Wats is basically running the show when it comes to calling plays, because we see the same old sh#t all the time......i don't think Pelini is that dull!

Pelini, needs to get involved NOW! Again this offensive mess lies with the Head coach!

i came all the way from hawaii to LA and then drove down to SD for the game.... and i left... i dont see nebraska very much but you know what i was trying to get my rows pumped up but it seemed that other than the opening kick off our fans were totally out of it......i felt terrible to leave ( i didnt want to feel like a fairweather fan.. plus i only wore a thin jacket and it was f'ing cooold) but i couldnt watch my husker go down in flames like they did... UDUB was pumped to be there we werent it was horrible.. plus i got bored of watch a hand off play to the right every play....

I agree 100%. Our fans are terrible in the cheering department. From even before the game, you could tell UW was jacked. It was like a road game for NU. We made stop after stop on fourth down on our own goaline and there was nary a cheery.

The truth of the matter is this: Our guys didn't want to be there, period. When I say our guys I'm also including Bo and the rest of the coaches. From the top down, plus the Husker faithful in attendance, Husker Nation was visibly annoyed, distracted, and most definitely disinterested. Hell, I was disinterested watching from the comforts of my living room couch. I will say it a thousand times. We really should have declined the Holiday Bowl invitation altogether -- especially when they matched us up with U Dub again. Once I saw the bowl pairing of us vs. Washington, I knew there wouldn't be any motivation to play on our part, and that we would likely mail it in. Therefore, us catching an "L" last night didn't faze me 1 bit. I half way expected it to be quite honest.