Bo gotta go?

ricks1113

Bo is a defensive minded coach. He doesn't know offense like the OC should, and he probably lays 99% of what the offense does on the OC. Can he nix the play call when the come in? Probably, but maybe he trusts in Watson to make the right decision. As a head coach, you need to not micromanage everything and let your coaches coach.

I really don't think Bo is much to blame for the offense's "suckiness" as much as a lot of people want to blame him. I will blame him for making a mistake if some personnel changes are not made over the offseason. Bo wants to manage the team on a day to day basis, coach up his defense to be the best damned D in the nation, and let his offensive coaches do what they do. He wasn't going to fire anyone during the season. Let's wait and see if any changes are made in the next few weeks.

If Bo spent more time righting the ship on offense, learning offense more thoroughly, I truly believe that the defense would suffer slightly, and that's something that I don't want to see happen. Offense wins games, defense wins more games, a good combination wins championships.

1. Watson should have been gone after last year. Bo didn't man-up and make that decision. So I would say its safe to say to put the offensive debacle on Pelini.

2. Basically, what you are saying is that Bo should just be a Defensive Coordinator. Spend no time with the offense and just have the best defense. Why is Carl on the payroll?

Bo is a defensive minded coach. He doesn't know offense like the OC should, and he probably lays 99% of what the offense does on the OC. Can he nix the play call when the come in? Probably, but maybe he trusts in Watson to make the right decision. As a head coach, you need to not micromanage everything and let your coaches coach.

I really don't think Bo is much to blame for the offense's "suckiness" as much as a lot of people want to blame him. I will blame him for making a mistake if some personnel changes are not made over the offseason. Bo wants to manage the team on a day to day basis, coach up his defense to be the best damned D in the nation, and let his offensive coaches do what they do. He wasn't going to fire anyone during the season. Let's wait and see if any changes are made in the next few weeks.

If Bo spent more time righting the ship on offense, learning offense more thoroughly, I truly believe that the defense would suffer slightly, and that's something that I don't want to see happen. Offense wins games, defense wins more games, a good combination wins championships.

He can be blamed if he does not do something to fix the problem. He is not the defensive coordinator, he is HEAD Coach now. So he is responsible for the offense as much as he is any other aspect of the game. It is obvious that he isn't doing anything up to this point to fix the problems, and I really don't think Cotton or Watson have any idea what they need to do now.

This is just it. We don't know whether or not he's micromanaging. If Bo is the one who makes the call on who plays especially at QB, this is micromanaging. It was said last year that Bo and Wats disagreed over who should be the QB, and I think we've probably seen it this year as well. Why have someone working for you if you're only going to let them use inferior tools? I have no doubt Wats is gone, but I also doubt he's fired. If Bo is micromanaging, it really doesn't matter who the next OC is. For years, I've often times wondered why Bob Stoops keeps Venables around. Maybe Venables is just the scapegoat to Stoops micromanaging OU's D?

I think we've been trolled here and we took the bait. :moreinteresting

Maybe, but this is the time that someone needs to step up and take some responsibility. Bo is the Head Coach, it is up to him at this point to make the changes that need to be made, otherwise it will be Dr. Tom's job to get rid of Bo for not doing the job. I don't think Bo's job is even close to being on the line, unless he does not make changes (gets rid of Watson & Cotton, maybe others) and we go nowhere next season, then I think Bo's job will definitely be on the line.

Watson really wasn't Bo's choice from what I understand, he was Dr. Tom's choice to have some continuity. So, if you are going to point at anyone, maybe Dr. Tom should retire? I know...this comment will not be well received by any Husker fan...but that is the logic. I agreed with keeping on Watson, because he was the only bright spot of the Callahan coaching staff...and even that was a stretch. I also know that Dr. Tom wanted to keep some kind of feeling of tradition for the team, a lot of which disappeared thanks to BC. I DO NOT advocate firing either Dr. Tom, or Bo at this point. For one thing I think Dr. Tom will leave when he knows he is no longer needed or is a force. He is that classy. And I also don't believe Bo has been really given a chance to put in place "his choice" to run the offense.

Please... turn your computer off and never turn it back on.

Why would I do something so silly like that?

Bo isnt the problem. His coaching staff is the problem.

Bo is paid $2.1 Million to ensure that 'His' coaching staff is fit.

And if your going to bring up money, Watson was given a raise this past year, and IS the highest paid coach other than Bo, so Bo and Dr. Tom obviously thought he had the right stuff... Are we getting our money's worth?

I think we've been trolled here and we took the bait. :moreinteresting

Maybe, but this is the time that someone needs to step up and take some responsibility. Bo is the Head Coach, it is up to him at this point to make the changes that need to be made, otherwise it will be Dr. Tom's job to get rid of Bo for not doing the job. I don't think Bo's job is even close to being on the line, unless he does not make changes (gets rid of Watson & Cotton, maybe others) and we go nowhere next season, then I think Bo's job will definitely be on the line.

Watson really wasn't Bo's choice from what I understand, he was Dr. Tom's choice to have some continuity. So, if you are going to point at anyone, maybe Dr. Tom should retire? I know...this comment will not be well received by any Husker fan...but that is the logic. I agreed with keeping on Watson, because he was the only bright spot of the Callahan coaching staff...and even that was a stretch. I also know that Dr. Tom wanted to keep some kind of feeling of tradition for the team, a lot of which disappeared thanks to BC. I DO NOT advocate firing either Dr. Tom, or Bo at this point. For one thing I think Dr. Tom will leave when he knows he is no longer needed or is a force. He is that classy. <b>And I also don't believe Bo has been really given a chance to put in place "his choice" to run the offense.</b>

It's fair to say that maybe Tom should step down. I love TO as much as the next person, but the game is 100x different when he was coaching. He hasn't kept up with the fast moving switch of college football. Being classy no longer matters, winning National Championships matter. Look at Auburn, no more class, but hey....there in the only game that counts after the season is over.

He is the Head Coach, if he doesnt have any choice in the offense than whats the point of having a head coach? Just have Coordinators and assistants I guess?

He can be blamed if he does not do something to fix the problem. He is not the defensive coordinator, he is HEAD Coach now. So he is responsible for the offense as much as he is any other aspect of the game. It is obvious that he isn't doing anything up to this point to fix the problems, and I really don't think Cotton or Watson have any idea what they need to do now.

This is exactly what i said. He can be blamed if he doesn't make a change.

Being a head coach doesn't mean you have to know both sides of the ball equally. That is hardly ever the case. The head coach's main responsibilities are to manage the coordinators and get the team ready and motivated for games. Not much more, not much less. He needs to hire someone that can take the reins of the offense while he falls into more of a manager's role. If Bo has an offensive strategy that he wants to go after, he needs to find a coordinator that is familiar with that offense, and spend the offseason setting the mold for the season. Once the season starts, he goes back into managing mode.

I'll compare this to the engineering field, since we are trying to engineer a solid football team. Bo is essentially the project manager. He spends his free time (offseason) teaching and discussing with his project engineers (asst. coaches) about the upcoming project (season). Once the project is underway, the project manager sits back, listens to feedback from his project engineers, makes recommendations, but by and large lets them do what they want. Once the finished project is put on the table, he can evaluate it and make the proper changes. The project manager doesn't necessarily know every bit and piece of the project, and is mainly concerned about the final product. Bo doesn't want to, or need to, micromanage the entire team. He needs to trust his coaches to do the right things on a day to day basis, and always be evaluating what they do, but not stepping on their toes.

Nebraska has a lot of young talent, and a lot of players that can lead Nebraska to the promised land. Bo now needs to evaluate the job done by his staff this past season and make the necessary changes, which in my mind, includes canning the offensive staff.

• Fire 1

This is exactly what i said. He can be blamed if he doesn't make a change.

Being a head coach doesn't mean you have to know both sides of the ball equally. That is hardly ever the case. The head coach's main responsibilities are to manage the coordinators and get the team ready and motivated for games. Not much more, not much less. He needs to hire someone that can take the reins of the offense while he falls into more of a manager's role. If Bo has an offensive strategy that he wants to go after, he needs to find a coordinator that is familiar with that offense, and spend the offseason setting the mold for the season. Once the season starts, he goes back into managing mode.

I'll compare this to the engineering field, since we are trying to engineer a solid football team. Bo is essentially the project manager. He spends his free time (offseason) teaching and discussing with his project engineers (asst. coaches) about the upcoming project (season). Once the project is underway, the project manager sits back, listens to feedback from his project engineers, makes recommendations, but by and large lets them do what they want. Once the finished project is put on the table, he can evaluate it and make the proper changes. The project manager doesn't necessarily know every bit and piece of the project, and is mainly concerned about the final product. Bo doesn't want to, or need to, micromanage the entire team. He needs to trust his coaches to do the right things on a day to day basis, and always be evaluating what they do, but not stepping on their toes.

Nebraska has a lot of young talent, and a lot of players that can lead Nebraska to the promised land. Bo now needs to evaluate the job done by his staff this past season and make the necessary changes, which in my mind, includes canning the offensive staff.

"The head coach's main responsibilities are to manage the coordinators and get the team ready and motivated for games."

This is what I have been saying! Instead of firing Watson last year which should of happened, but instead a random 33-0 blowout against Arizona was the only reason hes around. Bo and TO thought that was enough to even give him a raise!

Then as for motivation, just take a look at last night!