Cody Green

I think that out of all the QB's we have right now Cody is the most well rounded QB. He needs some good coaching on his technique in passing, but I don't think that there is any other QB in Lincoln right now that would have as much upside as Cody. Now that is IF we change the offense to something that would suit his abilities. I don't think it would have to be a big change either. He just isn't a zone read type QB Taylor is, and I hope the Staff has realized maybe they went somewhere they shouldn't have or at least relied on it way to much. I think the one that needs a new position is Taylor. Green is a better leader and I think he looked more comfortable in the pocket this year compared to last, especially towards the end of the season. A good position coach for him would be the answer IMO as well as the other QB's.

Totally agree, Cody progressed this season as Taylor regressed. Bottom line Cody will help us win, yeah we may not blow out a team with 70 yard QB runs but I'd rather have a quarterback that can keep his poise and make his reads to win that close game than a quarterback that rips it up against poor defenses and crumbles under pressure.

Ok, i think what i said got taken out of context. Im not questioning Cody's mental stability when it comes to being a QB, but rather his accuracy inconsistency. Some balls were right on the money that the defense made a good play on, some balls were like where the hell is this kid throwing?! Last time i checked we did not have Kareem Abdul Jabar at WR and we don't have a lawn gnome playing WR either. But who knows, maybe with better pocket protection his accuracy wouldn't be all that bad.

Totally agree, Cody progressed this season as Taylor regressed. Bottom line Cody will help us win, yeah we may not blow out a team with 70 yard QB runs but I'd rather have a quarterback that can keep his poise and make his reads to win that close game than a quarterback that rips it up against poor defenses and crumbles under pressure.

Having poise and making the right reads are meaningless if you can't actually get the ball to the wide receiver.

Cody does NOT have the accuracy to be a consistent quarterback. I don't care how great his footwork is. I don't care how great his attitude is. You have to be accurate to be a good quarterback, and Cody isn't.

Having poise and making the right reads are meaningless if you can't actually get the ball to the wide receiver.

Cody does NOT have the accuracy to be a consistent quarterback. I don't care how great his footwork is. I don't care how great his attitude is. You have to be accurate to be a good quarterback, and Cody isn't.

The point is no one is accurate on this offense, but Cody is the guy that is willing to work his a$$ off to be more accurate next year and he has actually shown promise. I know right now he is not as accurate but my point is who is accurate on this team? answer: no one!

I might be completely alone in this, but i absolutely hate the way that Green handles the media. He tells everyone that he is happy for Martinez and that Taylor should be starting because he is the man. To me this means one of two things:

1. He's fake.

-or-

2. He's not competitive.

A leader is someone who tells you the way it is, not someone that tells you what you want to hear. If I were Cody I would be pissed off that I wasn't starting and would work my ass off to get better. I wouldn't spend my time talking to the media. jmo

I might be completely alone in this, but i absolutely hate the way that Green handles the media. He tells everyone that he is happy for Martinez and that Taylor should be starting because he is the man. To me this means one of two things:

1. He's fake.

-or-

2. He's not competitive.

A leader is someone who tells you the way it is, not someone that tells you what you want to hear. If I were Cody I would be pissed off that I wasn't starting and would work my ass off to get better. I wouldn't spend my time talking to the media. jmo

Funny that our #2 and #3 QB's had the maturity to swallow the disappointment of not being QB1, yet were still willing to suck it up and talk to the media. Yet QB1 rarely talks to the media, and when he does he makes stupid comments that it's "my team and no one else’s team".

The point is no one is accurate on this offense, but Cody is the guy that is willing to work his a$$ off to be more accurate next year and he has actually shown promise. I know right now he is not as accurate but my point is who is accurate on this team? answer: no one!

I think having poise and the right reads are a huge step in the right direction and with a GOOD pos. coach the rest will come.

It seems like when Cody gets thrown in. By thrown in I mean the Washington game version 1 and 2. He gets rattled and nervous, hint the underthrows and overthrows. Almost like he is trying to hard. Because he is not prepared to go in, yes its a knock on him. In version 2 of Washington game you would expect it because, we are losing by 2 scores and knowing we got to make something happened to survive to the bitter end.

BUTTTTTT........... When he knows he is going to be starter all week and coaches work with him more. I believe he is more relax running out on the field. I noticed that more with him this year than last year. Last year, especially against OU he just looked overwhelmed... lost. Much like Taylor has looked in the latter half of the year.

We don't know that yet. Next year Carnes, Turner, and (hopefully) Starling will be thrown into the mix.

I appreciate Cody's work ethic, but he has a long road from where he is now to where he needs to be if he wants to be a legitimate starting QB for the Huskers. I have no disrepect for Cody and would love to see him become a competitive QB for Nebraska. From what I've seen so far, I have a difficult time believing that in two years (let alone between now and the start of next season) he'll improve as much as he needs to, though.

We don't know that yet. Next year Carnes, Turner, and (hopefully) Starling will be thrown into the mix.

I appreciate Cody's work ethic, but he has a long road from where he is now to where he needs to be if he wants to be a legitimate starting QB for the Huskers. I have no disrepect for Cody and would love to see him become a competitive QB for Nebraska. From what I've seen so far, I have a difficult time believing that in two years (let alone between now and the start of next season) he'll improve as much as he needs to, though.

I think this is very true. I have been basing my comments on Cody from what I have seen. But, you are right with the other ones coming in and after the redshirt year for Carnes, Cody may have lost his chance. This I can't really say though, because I have not seen him or the others play yet obviously (not that I am an expert judge of quality) I am basing it all on what we have seen this year and last. I guess there was that rumor that Carnes was the best passer on the team. :dunno

I would rather take a QB who has the chance of busting a long touchdown rather than a guy who hardly brings anything to the table. Cody takes to long of strides to be effective in the running game, and he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. It seems like every time he gets a chance, he squanders it. I might be willing to believe the CG hype if i had seen anything out of him besides a very mediocre performance against a really bad Colorado team. He may be a "leader", but he doesn't have the skills to be a starting QB.

1. He's fake.

-or-

2. He's not competitive.

Funny that our #2 and #3 QB's had the maturity to swallow the disappointment of not being QB1, yet were still willing to suck it up and talk to the media. Yet QB1 rarely talks to the media, and when he does he makes stupid comments that it's "my team and no one else’s team".

I don't have a problem with Taylor saying that. A lot of leaders say that type of stuff; it just sounds weird coming from him because he's so quiet.