Pitt Job Open again

"Pittsburgh athletic director Steve Pederson praised Haywood’s character when he was hired last month, calling his values “in line with the values of this great university.”

Apparently Pedey thinks Pitt advocates girlfriend beating....

Have you seen the part Pittsburg where Pitt is located? The hire was fitting.

That's cold Vince.

Besides, I feel sorry for Pitt.

They're stuck with Pedey as AD.

What an arrogant buffoon.

"Pittsburgh athletic director Steve Pederson praised Haywood’s character when he was hired last month, calling his values “in line with the values of this great university.”

Apparently Pedey thinks Pitt advocates girlfriend beating....

Have you seen the part Pittsburg where Pitt is located? The hire was fitting.

That's cold Vince.

Besides, I feel sorry for Pitt.

They're stuck with Pedey as AD.

What an arrogant buffoon.

Cold? Yes. Accurate? 100%

NY times article

In his first major move since returning to Pittsburgh, where he had been the athletic director before taking the Nebraska job, Pederson essentially forced Wannstedt to resign under pressure. After a long list of potential candidates — including Houston’s Kevin Sumlin, Tulsa’s Todd Graham and Iowa State’s Paul Rhoads — refused to even discuss the job, there was a strong perception among college football officials and observers that Pitt did not have a plan after forcing out Wannstedt.

What? Really?

NY times article

In his first major move since returning to Pittsburgh, where he had been the athletic director before taking the Nebraska job, Pederson essentially forced Wannstedt to resign under pressure. After a long list of potential candidates — including Houston's Kevin Sumlin, Tulsa's Todd Graham and Iowa State's Paul Rhoads — refused to even discuss the job, there was a strong perception among college football officials and observers that Pitt did not have a plan after forcing out Wannstedt.

What? Really?

I think I heard this story before. It was sometime in either late 2003 or early 2004...

Who was quickest fire?

Haywood

Price

O'Leary

O'Leary may have been the quickest fire. Did he even last two weeks? He's proven to be a pretty good coach since then. Even though not very honest on the resume.

As to Pedey, I truly feel sorry for Pitt. I hope they wise up and can Pederson before he drags their whole program down any further.