Ron Franklin true D-Bag

(relating to my job). Stuff like this is one reason why they don't let women in the infantry. hell some of the stuff we say would make most women break down and cry. Though I have met a few women soldiers that would put Franklin to shame. This isn't a perfect world we live in. She is a women in a football world. She needs to grow a pair and throw a comeback at the old man. That's how a women gets respect among men. Insted of running to the higher up crying making complaints. Now how many men wanna work with her. They have to watch what they say cause the whistle blower is around. I am no way trying to justifie what Franklin said to her as far as the A-hole comment. That was wrong. I just don't like how she handled the situation.

While I appreciate the sacrifices that our servicemen make, I fail to see why their sacrifice gives them the right to treat people like crap and think it's okay. Because you're "men" and can say stuff that "would make most women break down and cry", acting like that doesn't make one a man or tough, it just makes them look like an ignorant douchebag IMO.

A women does not need to earn respect by "throwing" a comeback, a woman, or anyone else for that matter, should get respect because they are a human. Why should someone have to earn the respect of people who act like a-holes? Why does anyone care what those type of people respect anyway?

:boxosoap

i served, and its not that its used as an excuse to treat people like crap. in fact, 99.9% of the time its a sign of affection. i had a first sergeant that used to say nothing will ever get done unless you use more cuss and derogatory words than the actual words of your order. the point 321 is trying to make is that with the stigma or whatever surrounding the equal treatment of women, treating everyone the same can actually come back and bite you in the ass if said woman gets upset at any point. people act like they want a level playing field, but its still slanted, and not the way you think. the reason a lot of women in the military are treated 'different' isnt because they are thought of as less of a soldier or what have you, its because they are a grenade with no pin.

I've heard many abusive parents and husbands make the same arguments, "I only do it because I love her\them". Not saying this is always true, but in my experiences the people who resort to tactics like your sergeant are typically just not intelligent or dedicated enough to motivate people without using intimidation or holding their power over their head. And typically they are just passing down what has been dumped on them in the past. I grew up in that environment, and think that there are always better ways to accomplish things. The true measure of a persons integrity and honor is found in the way they treat those lower, or weaker than themselves is my experience.

Dont know what you do for a living, but the bold statement has been true of every BOSS ive ever had, Male or Female!Pretty sure its the norm, and while i dont think its particularly right either, most of them feel its well within their rights as a boss to treat people whatever way they want. Unfortunately many of the weaker people you speak of Know they have the power to destroy your carrer,sue you, and otherwise ruin your life,and wont hesitate to use it, many times for VERY minor things. THATS intimidation from the other side as far as im concerned. The better way to deal with things IMO is face to face,using management/lawsuits only in serious cases where option 1 doesnt work.

(relating to my job). Stuff like this is one reason why they don't let women in the infantry. hell some of the stuff we say would make most women break down and cry. Though I have met a few women soldiers that would put Franklin to shame. This isn't a perfect world we live in. She is a women in a football world. She needs to grow a pair and throw a comeback at the old man. That's how a women gets respect among men. Insted of running to the higher up crying making complaints. Now how many men wanna work with her. They have to watch what they say cause the whistle blower is around. I am no way trying to justifie what Franklin said to her as far as the A-hole comment. That was wrong. I just don't like how she handled the situation.

While I appreciate the sacrifices that our servicemen make, I fail to see why their sacrifice gives them the right to treat people like crap and think it's okay. Because you're "men" and can say stuff that "would make most women break down and cry", acting like that doesn't make one a man or tough, it just makes them look like an ignorant douchebag IMO.

A women does not need to earn respect by "throwing" a comeback, a woman, or anyone else for that matter, should get respect because they are a human. Why should someone have to earn the respect of people who act like a-holes? Why does anyone care what those type of people respect anyway?

i served, and its not that its used as an excuse to treat people like crap. in fact, 99.9% of the time its a sign of affection. i had a first sergeant that used to say nothing will ever get done unless you use more cuss and derogatory words than the actual words of your order. the point 321 is trying to make is that with the stigma or whatever surrounding the equal treatment of women, treating everyone the same can actually come back and bite you in the ass if said woman gets upset at any point. people act like they want a level playing field, but its still slanted, and not the way you think. the reason a lot of women in the military are treated 'different' isnt because they are thought of as less of a soldier or what have you, its because they are a grenade with no pin.

I've heard many abusive parents and husbands make the same arguments, "I only do it because I love her\them". Not saying this is always true, but in my experiences the people who resort to tactics like your sergeant are typically just not intelligent or dedicated enough to motivate people without using intimidation or holding their power over their head. And typically they are just passing down what has been dumped on them in the past. I grew up in that environment, and think that there are always better ways to accomplish things. The true measure of a persons integrity and honor is found in the way they treat those lower, or weaker than themselves is my experience.

Dont know what you do for a living, but the bold statement has been true of every BOSS ive ever had, Male or Female!Pretty sure its the norm, and while i dont think its particularly right either, most of them feel its well within their rights as a boss to treat people whatever way they want. Unfortunately many of the weaker people you speak of Know they have the power to destroy your carrer,sue you, and otherwise ruin your life,and wont hesitate to use it, many times for VERY minor things. THATS intimidation from the other side as far as im concerned. The better way to deal with things IMO is face to face,using management/lawsuits only in serious cases where option 1 doesnt work.

I am a IT Manager at a fairly large health system, I do manage people. And I beleive in the no a-hole rule fully, if you haven't read this book, it's a good read.

http://bobsutton.typepad.com/my_weblog/the_no_asshole_rule/

And BTW...this video is funny, and rings true for many people.

I am a IT Manager at a fairly large health system, I do manage people. And I beleive in the no a-hole rule fully, if you haven't read this book, it's a good read.

http://bobsutton.typepad.com/my_weblog/the_no_asshole_rule/

And BTW...this video is funny, and rings true for many people.

I see your point man . Thanks

Is it wrong that I really, really miss being called "sweetcakes"?

But there is this really old Mexican Woman at work that almost allways hits me in the shoulder after she flirts with me...And sometimes gives me candy.

LOL who is Zac Lee scratching our heads? Really... they had to have announced a game or two with him in it. Or at least heard about him. Zac Robinson... yeah.

:LOLtartar:espnsucks:

• 2 weeks later...

Former ESPN announcer sues network over firing

AUSTIN, Texas – Former ESPN announcer Ron Franklin has sued the network over his firing for reportedly berating a female colleague.

The wrongful termination lawsuit filed Monday in state district court in Franklin's hometown of Austin claims ESPN had no grounds for dismissing him. The suit says Franklin exchanged "contentious words" with a colleague who repeatedly interrupted a private conversation before the pair worked at the Chick-fil-A Bowl without incident.

Sideline reporter Jeannine Edwards has said Franklin called her "sweet baby" in a condescending tone. When she objected, he used a derogatory term. Edwards said a colleague reported the incident to ESPN officials.

This is unlikely to end well for Mr. Franklin. They've got a really strong case for termination with cause.