LSU to go after Bo in the forecast??

So I can only assume you mean their Brand is on decline because of the players not being suspended for the bowl game because that appears to be the only thing that would cause their brand to decline. It wouldnt be caused by playing in a BCS bowl game every year or playing in the field of 64 every year.

Does that mean in 1995 that the Nebraska brand was declining because T.O. played a lot of questionable character kids? I would say the Nebraska brand was still alive and kicking until the punch in the face at the end of 2001.

I went back and re-read your original post and it mentions nothing of how or why their brand is in decline. So since I can only assume that the brand is based off of national perception I still say the Ohio State brand trumps the Nebraska brand and has for quite some time.

In 5 years after a few Bo beatdowns maybe the brand won't matter to them

If winning isnt what was being talked about with their brand then why mention the above in your post?

I wasn't comparing the brands of Nebraska or Ohio State. I won't even go there...those pissing matches have been had with Texas fans on this site for years and frankly I was hoping we might get past that some w/ the move to Big10.

I mention the above because I stated in my OP that it would hurt the Ohio State brand to steal another big10 coach. However, that might not matter to them if the coach they are stealing has been consistently beating them and they could remove that 1 loss a year. I could have put a smily face after it or something to lighten the mood so you didn't take it so seriously, but I figured your intelligence would prevail.

Do you not think it would hurt the perception of the Ohio State program by stealing another Big10 coach? Like I said, there will be plenty of other great coaches out there waiting in line for that job...why risk damaging the "brand" in any way.

So I can only assume you mean their “Brand” is on decline because of the players not being suspended for the bowl game because that appears to be the only thing that would cause their “brand” to decline. It wouldn’t be caused by playing in a BCS bowl game every year or playing in the field of 64 every year.

Does that mean in 1995 that the Nebraska “brand” was declining because T.O. played a lot of questionable character kids? I would say the Nebraska “brand” was still alive and kicking until the punch in the face at the end of 2001.

I went back and re-read your original post and it mentions nothing of how or why their “brand” is in decline. So since I can only assume that the “brand” is based off of national perception I still say the Ohio State “brand” trumps the Nebraska “brand” and has for quite some time.

In 5 years after a few Bo beatdowns maybe the brand won't matter to them

If winning isn’t what was being talked about with their “brand” then why mention the above in your post?

I wasn't comparing the brands of Nebraska or Ohio State. I won't even go there...those pissing matches have been had with Texas fans on this site for years and frankly I was hoping we might get past that some w/ the move to Big10.

I mention the above because I stated in my OP that it would hurt the Ohio State brand to steal another big10 coach. However, that might not matter to them if the coach they are stealing has been consistently beating them and they could remove that 1 loss a year. I could have put a smily face after it or something to lighten the mood so you didn't take it so seriously, but I figured your intelligence would prevail.

Do you not think it would hurt the perception of the Ohio State program by stealing another Big10 coach? Like I said, there will be plenty of other great coaches out there waiting in line for that job...why risk damaging the "brand" in any way.

Fair enough. :cheers

No way Bo goes to LSU. The only school I can see him leaving for is tOSU and now I believe that will be a very low posibility since we will be in the Big Ten.

Bo loved it at LSU, they loved him. He would consider going back there. Hopefully, the Mad Hatter thinks that it Meetchicken is too much of a mess for him to go there, and that LSU is looking good for next year.

Then again, he may want to take on that project. This is a concern.

Then again, the tOSU brand is certainly on the decline as of recent.

If winning back to back BCS bowls is declining then what is playing in back to back Holiday Bowls?

Read the statement. The tOSU brand is certainly on the decline. Fine me an article that speaks of OSU in a positive light, and I'll find you another 100 that talk about them negatively. That's a brand on decline as of recent. I wasn't talking about winning. Read before responding.

Everybody hates a winner.

Not only does the SEC have some of the best athletes, it's also the conference where the best coaches want to go. Bobby Petrino didn't leave the NFL for any other conference. Urban Meyer passed up his dream job to get into the SEC. Saban left the Big 10 for the SEC dreamland. Muschamp bailed on Texas for the SEC. I could definitely see Bo going to LSU if Miles leaves. First, it's easier to recruit in the SEC because the academic standards are virtually zero. If TO does hold some magic strings with regards to Bo's staff, I could see this as a way out from underneath them.

Not only does the SEC have some of the best athletes, it's also the conference where the best coaches want to go. Bobby Petrino didn't leave the NFL for any other conference. Urban Meyer passed up his dream job to get into the SEC. Saban left the Big 10 for the SEC dreamland. Muschamp bailed on Texas for the SEC. I could definitely see Bo going to LSU if Miles leaves. First, it's easier to recruit in the SEC because the academic standards are virtually zero. If TO does hold some magic strings with regards to Bo's staff, I could see this as a way out from underneath them.

Very solid point, but for now I'd have to say that Bo should be here for a little longer til we have REAL success then I say we start actually worrying.

I don't think he needs to have great success before leaping to the SEC. Take Chizik for example. It's not as though he had a stellar performance at Iowa State, yet Auburn wanted him in a bad way. Muschamp hasn't been the head man, yet Florida wanted him. Nick Saban basically had one good year at Michigan State, but LSU wanted him.

i was listening to this yesterday. apparently harbaugh was snubbed for a QB coach job at michigan and still hates them for it. les is their second ideal choice, but the buy out would be insanely high and michigan doesnt want to pay it.

this is just tiger nation getting their hopes up. they hate les even though hes won a national championship there and continues to win. they dont realize what they have if you ask me

Actually, I think the LSU fans know exactly what they have. LSU backed into that title game after losing to unranked Arkansas and a Kentucky team that finished the year unranked. The four years he was at Okie State, he had a record of 28-21. The four year before Miles, Okie State was 21-24. It's not like magically transformed anything. His claim to fame is beating Oklahoma twice. At LSU, Saban either won the West or tied for first in the West three out of five years. At LSU, Miles has won or tied for first in the West only twice in six years. While he's not a bad coach, he's not a Worldbeater either. LSU expects division and conference crowns. Miles is a step down compared to what they had before.

Actually, I think the LSU fans know exactly what they have. LSU backed into that title game after losing to unranked Arkansas and a Kentucky team that finished the year unranked. The four years he was at Okie State, he had a record of 28-21. The four year before Miles, Okie State was 21-24. It's not like magically transformed anything. His claim to fame is beating Oklahoma twice. At LSU, Saban either won the West or tied for first in the West three out of five years. At LSU, Miles has won or tied for first in the West only twice in six years. While he's not a bad coach, he's not a Worldbeater either. LSU expects division and conference crowns. Miles is a step down compared to what they had before.

I think quite a few coaches are a step down from Saban

No way Bo goes to LSU. The only school I can see him leaving for is tOSU and now I believe that will be a very low posibility since we will be in the Big Ten.

Bo loved it at LSU, they loved him. He would consider going back there. Hopefully, the Mad Hatter thinks that it Meetchicken is too much of a mess for him to go there, and that LSU is looking good for next year.

Then again, he may want to take on that project. This is a concern.

Bo may have liked LSU, LSU may have liked Bo.. but Bo's wife HATED LSU. There is zero chance Mary Pat EVER agrees to go back to a coaching job in Louisiana.