OSU and MU

tmfr15

Just thinking back on the season today and remembering the good vibes that were shooting through the program following the Okla State and Missouri games. After losing to Texas, it looked like the whole season might go into the ditch against those two teams.

Instead, Taylor had an AWESOME game throwing the football against OSU and our offense looked awesome. Then Helu ran for a school record against MU. Thinking about those two games makes me a lot more content and hopeful of what we might be able to do next year. We could be pretty special.

Can't wait!!!!

• Fire 2

LOL...If it were Friday or Saturday I would think you were drunk...maybe you are. The only way we are gonna be special anytime soon is if Shawn Watson leaves the program, voluntarily or not.

Think about this...We could have lost to SDSU, Oklahoma State (if T-Mart doesnt have a career day throwing), Missouri (if Helu doesn't have a career day rushing), and Iowa State (if they convert the 2pt play in OT). Go from 10-2 to 6-6 in a hurry. On the flip side I guess we could have gone 13-0 and be playing tomorrow... :sarcasm

We scored 6 points, 6 F*CKING POINTS, against Texas A&M...

It's not like they had the 1985 Bears defense...

Isn't that the same A&M defense that finally proved LSU has an Offense.

Remarkable how similar these programs are [Neb. and LSU]. Obviously not how they played versus A&M but in watching the Tigers in there Bowl game seems to give me a clear understanding of what Pelini is striving for offensively. LSU's Offensive Coordinator nailed that game.

Just thinking back on the season today and remembering the good vibes that were shooting through the program following the Okla State and Missouri games. After losing to Texas, it looked like the whole season might go into the ditch against those two teams.

Instead, Taylor had an AWESOME game throwing the football against OSU and our offense looked awesome. Then Helu ran for a school record against MU. Thinking about those two games makes me a lot more content and hopeful of what we might be able to do next year. We could be pretty special.

Can't wait!!!!

It's nice to see a thread that isn't bashing the Huskers. +1 to you!

Mizzou and Okie Lite were both quality wins. Mizzou beat OU and aTm this year, before collapsing at the end of the season after we kicked them to the curb. Oklahoma St won every game this year except for us and OU.

The Texas game was difficult in that we had pointed to that contest too much and created pressure on ourselves. The Texas defense exploited a young QB making his first start against an opponent of any significance. And we had a lot of drops. That doomed us there.

Oklahoma State has a solid offense. Our offense found a way to keep up with them. That's impressive. Helu's excellence against Missouri was also very noteworthy.

TAMU is a tough place to play and we went into the game with a one-legged quarterback who promptly got re-injured. OU was a tough one and we once again had a less than healthy QB. You could argue that we should have played Cody against OU, but no one knows if that really would have helped. The Washington rematch was tough because there was very little excitement for it, not just the fan base, but obviously on the team as well. Washington was glad to be there.

P.S. South Dakota State did not beat us. They didn't come close to beating us. We just were not as dominant as we figured we would be. Add also the fact that even Oregon's dominant attack stumbled once. Almost lost to Cal, a team that was DESTROYED by Nevada.

Perspective people. Perspective.

P.S. South Dakota State did not beat us. They didn't come close to beating us. We just were not as dominant as we figured we would be.

I was at the SDSU game, and I must say we were very fortunate to win that game. They were a play or two away from beating us. That being said, that game should not have been close what-so-ever.

Add also the fact that even Oregon's dominant attack stumbled once. Almost lost to Cal, a team that was DESTROYED by Nevada.

Perspective people. Perspective.

Oregon stumbled, once. On the road. Our offense stumbled against SDSU, texa$$, Kansas, ISU (at times), A&M, OU, UW #2, and for 3 quarters against Mizzou. Not exactly a murderers row of defenses in that bunch. Even early in the year, this offense had difficulty sustaining drives against mediocre to poor defenses. If it wasn't for the big play, our offense was pretty bad all year. It just got exposed once teams took that big play away.

That, my friend is perspective.

South Dakota State had the ball and a chance to take the lead. NO. South Dakota State had the ball and a chance to tie. NO. South Dakota State hung around, but they were a play or two from putting the game in doubt, not a play or two from winning the thing. Big difference.

Texas. You are not going to defend T-Mart at all here? This was his first Major home game against a foe that we put WAY TOO much emphasis on. Kansas, were you at the stadium. The place was a morgue and we couldn't generate any momentum. Iowa State was only a game because Niles Paul fumbled a kick return. End of Story. Taylor was not healthy at all after the MU game.

Go back in time, find me a quarterback that has Lee's experience and T-Mart's skill and we go unbeaten with the same group of guys.

The whole point of the OP was to note that we had flashes of excellent play and for a team led by an injured and inexperienced QB, those flashes are cause for hope.

That's perspective.

• Fire 1

South Dakota State had the ball and a chance to take the lead. NO. South Dakota State had the ball and a chance to tie. NO. South Dakota State hung around, but they were a play or two from putting the game in doubt, not a play or two from winning the thing. Big difference.

Texas. You are not going to defend T-Mart at all here? This was his first Major home game against a foe that we put WAY TOO much emphasis on. Kansas, were you at the stadium. The place was a morgue and we couldn't generate any momentum. Iowa State was only a game because Niles Paul fumbled a kick return. End of Story. Taylor was not healthy at all after the MU game.

Go back in time, find me a quarterback that has Lee's experience and T-Mart's skill and we go unbeaten with the same group of guys.

The whole point of the OP was to note that we had flashes of excellent play and for a team led by an injured and inexperienced QB, those flashes are cause for hope.

That's perspective.

Yes our flashes of play was against teams with HORRIBLE defenses. We didnt play a team that has a top 20 defense, but we couldnt do anything against teams that were ranked in the top 50. So basically we did AWESOME against some teams that were not that good on defense..... yea thats something to build confidence on. :sarcasm

In SDSU game. Wasnt their a couple of penalties that kept them from getting into the endzone. I believe on 1 play they actually scored but had a holding penalty. Also Dennard intercepted a pass in the endzone. That game was way closer than 14 pts if you asked me.

That's perspective.

I wasn't bagging on T-Mart, I was saying that our whole offense needs to be re-examined and possibly reworked. The only flashes of brillance were the big play, period. Other than that the offense, was, well, not good.

Yes our flashes of play was against teams with HORRIBLE defenses. We didnt play a team that has a top 20 defense, but we couldnt do anything against teams that were ranked in the top 50. So basically we did AWESOME against some teams that were not that good on defense..... yea thats something to build confidence on. :sarcasm

In SDSU game. Wasnt their a couple of penalties that kept them from getting into the endzone. I believe on 1 play they actually scored but had a holding penalty. Also Dennard intercepted a pass in the endzone. That game was way closer than 14 pts if you asked me.

This.

:facepalm: We won the games we won, and lost the games we lost. Why does everything always come back to the SDSU game? Plain and simple, those kids were up to the challenge and NU was there for a lazy Saturday scrimmage...

Because in, hindsight, it was not an aberration, but rather a preview of things to come. It's hard to chalk SDSU up to a lack of motivation when we pooped the bed in identical fashion against Texas, Iowa State, Kansas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and UW (v.2). A lack of motivation might keep you from scoring 50 points, but it does not justify 17. Lots of teams play crappy teams every year; why is it that they have no problem consistently blowing those teams out? SDSU looked like an aberration right after the Kansas State game, but looked about right after we played Texas.