For entertainment only

HANC

Chris Peterson from Boise would be an amazing get for this program, he could be the next Urban Meyer. Hey he doesn't have a coaching job.......

Peterson would be an awesome get... But I doubt we could compete for him. I'd imagine that he'll stay at Boise until a position at at top place opens up and offers him. NU is not... at least not anymore... a top program and Peterson gets far more national exposure at BSU then he would at NU --- BSU is more often nationally televised than is NU and is a bigger national draw than is NU. He would likely leave only for a bigger draw.... but who knows, maybe he would be drawn to the challenge.

Any thoughts on Tom Rathman?

Well... I travel a great deal and talk college football with people all over the nation. And... Boise State is on the lips of most every college football fan and has been for 4-5 years now. nebraska? Nope. Does not register with most fans. BSU is on National TV about 5-6 times a season. NU? not as much. BSU has lost only 4 games in 5 years --- we lost 4 games this year. They have victory after victory on national TV and we lose 70% of our games that are nationally televised. BSU national games typically get the bigger TV announcer crews than does NU.

I mean, I have eaten and breathed NU football for 30 years now... no one bleeds a deeper Big Red than I... but nationally.... NU is not in BSU's league --- not currently. Historically... of course we trounce them. But this is a "what have you done for me lately world" and BSU has done a great deal more than NU lately. BSU also has going for it the little guy media darling. But there is no doubt that BSU gets way, way, way more print press nationally than does NU.

As a result, getting Peterson to move here would be seemingly unlikely... we have the facilities, the bigger conference, the big stadium, and the history... they have the present attention of the nation when NU is, nationally speaking, fairly irrelevant. Still, he would be an awesome get.

Can you elaborate as to what makes Boise a bigger national draw then NU?

Come on Razzin.

BSU had about 3 games on ESPN this year VATech, OregonSt, and Nevada started at about 10 eastern. Maybe 1 or 2 more were on ESPN late starts or Thursday night.

NU had UW, TX, OSU, Mizz, ISU, and Colorado on ABC regionally TAM and OU on ABC nationally Sat prime time and KSU on Thursday night.

Simply stating BSU is on TV less than NU.