For entertainment only

HANC

Not saying he is a bad coach but Paul Johnson and Georgia Tech were 6-7 this year. I know he lost his whole offense when Nesbitt got hurt but that record doesn't cut it. IMO

What was his record the first year he stepped in as the HC at Ga Tech? Coaching with players that were NOT option type of players? I will tell ya....9-4...next year 11-3.....Not too damn bad in my opinion!

I'd like to bring back Busch for our recruiting guru. He's the "one" Cally guy I wanted to keep.

No more Cally guys, please. The man is cursed and his assistants be jinxed idols.

Oh sure, I hear ya. No doubt about it....a "very" good point. How about if we get rid of the other two we have first? :lol:

But he's a Nebraska kid, a recruiting machine and just "might" be the exception to the rule. Anyway, I suppose about zero chance that could happen.

Not saying he is a bad coach but Paul Johnson and Georgia Tech were 6-7 this year. I know he lost his whole offense when Nesbitt got hurt but that record doesn’t cut it. IMO

If we were to hire Paul Johnson (which we wont because we wont be looking for a coach for awhile) I would begin to review my loyalty to good ol' Nebraska U.

Anyone who is anti-Watson, but Pro-Paul Johnson should also strongly consider hanging up the keyboard and stop posting.

EZ-E, tell me how you "really" feel about P. Johnson ok? Somehow I just got to get you out of your shell.

Chris Peterson from Boise would be an amazing get for this program, he could be the next Urban Meyer. Hey he doesn't have a coaching job.......

If he was having health issues as Florida, I think being coach here with our fans might just kill him. Well, the title of this thread is dead on, it sure is entertaining.

First of all, Nebraska fans are one of a kind, I tell ya. We complain about not getting top WR recruits, but yet we still have people calling for a triple option coach. It does not work anymore. Defenses are too fast and now the ACC knows how to stop it, which is why GT will keep falling. If we want top WR recruits to come here, we need to run more of a pro-style offense and less spread-option offense. I don't think that will happen, so we need to live with the fact we wont be getting 5 star WR recruits. I, personally, would rather run an offense like Wisconsin than go back to triple option.

And what's with the infatuation with Scott Frost? The guy is a WR coach at Oregon. He hasn't even proven himself as a OC yet. Why would we want him to be hired as our HC? Maybe after he has proven himself as a OC, but not now. He may be one of the best young offensive minds in college football, but he is still learning and frankly, I really don't want another HC to be learning on the job. If Pelini leaves, I would like us to get a proven HC.

Every coaching search in America at the moment regardless if you are a college or pro team should begin with John Gruden.

2.Chris Peterson

3.Gary Patterson

4.Gus Malzahn

5.Venables from OU

Why is Venables still at OU? He seems like a homerun. Consistent and Loyal?

I'm glad someone finally brought him up. He seems to be below everyone's radar and I don't understand why.

I truthfully don't know a lot about they guy, so there may be things I'm not aware of.

1. Chris Ault- He would completely turn our offense around.

2. Kyle Wittingham- Has been successful at Utah.

3. Brady Hoke- He turned around Ball State and San Diego State.

Chris Ault is 64, not gonna happen. He does have revolutionary offensive ideas. He designed the pistol that almost everyone uses now.

Wittingham is an interesting name, and could be an up and comer now that Utah is moving to a major conference.

Hoke is going to be on everyone's list shortly. Great coach.

Why not the mad pirate for head coach? This is all theoretical, right? He would absolutely SHRED Big 10 defenses.

If Pelini leaves, we will shock everyone with who we hire. I think that Dr. Tom is someone that preaches a loyalty, and if Pelini would leave it would piss Osborne off big time. I think Osborne would see this as a smack in the face and he would gather every cent available (which is a lot from our boosters) to hire the biggest names out there.

I really hope Pelini stays though.

Turner Gill would be the leading candidate, IMO.

I was told that he would not make Osborne's short list.

really? people have inside sources for a job search that doesn't even exist?

WOW! If you think ADs don't always have a "short list", you must not understand the process very well. There are calls made and "feelers" thrown out at the very hint of a departure.

BTW, IF Turner is on the list, we are in trouble! I don't know about you, but I would never play for a coach that came up with some of the rules he has at KU....

Not saying he is a bad coach but Paul Johnson and Georgia Tech were 6-7 this year. I know he lost his whole offense when Nesbitt got hurt but that record doesn’t cut it. IMO

If we were to hire Paul Johnson (which we wont because we wont be looking for a coach for awhile) I would begin to review my loyalty to good ol' Nebraska U.

Anyone who is anti-Watson, but Pro-Paul Johnson should also strongly consider hanging up the keyboard and stop posting.

EZ-E, tell me how you "really" feel about P. Johnson ok? Somehow I just got to get you out of your shell.

:)

Turner Gill would be the leading candidate, IMO.

I was told that he would not make Osborne's short list.

really? people have inside sources for a job search that doesn't even exist?

WOW! If you think ADs don't always have a "short list", you must not understand the process very well. There are calls made and "feelers" thrown out at the very hint of a departure.

BTW, IF Turner is on the list, we are in trouble! I don't know about you, but I would never play for a coach that came up with some of the rules he has at KU....

I'm sure that Osborne has a short list. I just don't buy that it's gotten around to the types of people who would talk to people who post on this message board. Osborne is a pretty disciplined guy, and I imagine his workplace is too, given how little was leaked about the Big Ten. I don't buy that at a time when there is no job search happening that anybody other than Osborne knows who is on his short list.