For entertainment only

HANC

First, I am home on a snow day and board........also getting board with the same ol' Taylor good or bad threads, Watson must go thread, and rumors around coaching.

Okay, I want, think, and hope that all the "rumors" are exactly that....and that Bo is a Husker for a few more years.

But, JUST FOR FUN... If you were conducting a coaching search, and it happened to be at the University of Nebraska, who would you go after? Who do you think that you could actually hire to be the coach. Just list "viable" candidates....obviously guys like Urban Meyer, etc are not viable.

Have fun.

I will start by saying my short list would include...

1. Gary Patterson.... may be able to convince him to move from TCU to NU...but with them joing Big East..could be difficult

2. Skip Holtz...laugh if you want, but I think the kid can coach... He would possibly make a jump to Big 10

Every coaching search in America at the moment regardless if you are a college or pro team should begin with John Gruden.

2.Chris Peterson

3.Gary Patterson

4.Gus Malzahn

5.Venables from OU

I absolutely agree with this list. I wanted to list Gruden as my number 1....figured I would get blasted about the last time we hired a "pro" guy....but I really like Gruden. I also am a Peterson fan. Malzahn a good candidate............but, there must be something up with Venables. I haven't figured out why this guys hasn't been offered by now. My assistant coach is a huge KSU fan, and said that when Venables was at KSU, his players thought he was an a$$. Kind of like Mangino. I don't know.

Gary Patterson would be good, IMO.

Chris Peterson from Boise State seems to be doing very well at his school. I think if he went to a bigger school with better resources, things would be different for him than they would be for Dawkins, who steered the sinking ship that was the Colorado program right into a coral reef and sunk it.

Guz Malzahn, the OC for Auburn, would be an interesting 'get', also. The guy coached up stellar offenses at Tulsa. While he was there in 2007, they became the first team in NCAA history to have a 5,000 yard passer, 1,000 yard rusher, and THREE 1,000 yard receivers. Talk about an explosive offense.

First, I am home on a snow day and board........also getting board with the same ol' Taylor good or bad threads, Watson must go thread, and rumors around coaching.

Okay, I want, think, and hope that all the "rumors" are exactly that....and that Bo is a Husker for a few more years.

But, JUST FOR FUN... If you were conducting a coaching search, and it happened to be at the University of Nebraska, who would you go after? Who do you think that you could actually hire to be the coach. Just list "viable" candidates....obviously guys like Urban Meyer, etc are not viable.

Have fun.

I will start by saying my short list would include...

1. Gary Patterson.... may be able to convince him to move from TCU to NU...but with them joing Big East..could be difficult

2. Skip Holtz...laugh if you want, but I think the kid can coach... He would possibly make a jump to Big 10

Not to mention he just signed an extension through 2018

Chris Peterson from Boise would be an amazing get for this program, he could be the next Urban Meyer. Hey he doesn't have a coaching job.......

Peterson would be an awesome get... But I doubt we could compete for him. I'd imagine that he'll stay at Boise until a position at at top place opens up and offers him. NU is not... at least not anymore... a top program and Peterson gets far more national exposure at BSU then he would at NU --- BSU is more often nationally televised than is NU and is a bigger national draw than is NU. He would likely leave only for a bigger draw.... but who knows, maybe he would be drawn to the challenge.

Any thoughts on Tom Rathman?

Turner Gill would be the leading candidate, IMO.

I was told that he would not make Osborne's short list.

really? people have inside sources for a job search that doesn't even exist?

Was told that if the NU job were to come open, which I don't believe that it will, that Osborne would not call him. Reason being that was given to me is that Osborne was not fond of the way that he handled the Buffalo situation for some reason or another.

Chris Peterson from Boise would be an amazing get for this program, he could be the next Urban Meyer. Hey he doesn't have a coaching job.......

Peterson would be an awesome get... But I doubt we could compete for him. I'd imagine that he'll stay at Boise until a position at at top place opens up and offers him. NU is not... at least not anymore... a top program and Peterson gets far more national exposure at BSU then he would at NU --- BSU is more often nationally televised than is NU and is a bigger national draw than is NU. He would likely leave only for a bigger draw.... but who knows, maybe he would be drawn to the challenge.

Any thoughts on Tom Rathman?

Disagree with this entire post robsker.