For entertainment only

HANC

Chris Peterson from Boise would be an amazing get for this program, he could be the next Urban Meyer. Hey he doesn't have a coaching job.......

Peterson would be an awesome get... But I doubt we could compete for him. I'd imagine that he'll stay at Boise until a position at at top place opens up and offers him. NU is not... at least not anymore... a top program and Peterson gets far more national exposure at BSU then he would at NU --- BSU is more often nationally televised than is NU and is a bigger national draw than is NU. He would likely leave only for a bigger draw.... but who knows, maybe he would be drawn to the challenge.

Any thoughts on Tom Rathman?

Can you elaborate as to what makes Boise a bigger national draw then NU?

Tom Osbourne :sarcasm

But seriously, does anybody think that we go after Carl.

Nope. I think people in hell have a better chance of getting ice water. I thought there was a good chance for him to go to Minnesota when they supposedly talked to him but it never seemed to panned out. I could see him easily in a conference USA kind of place. Maybe someplace like Tulsa but I'm sure he won't be considered there. Who knows. . .maybe Wats will have a shot at that job. I'm sure he'll be on the list of candidates as Bo and TO are calling everyone to get him interviews.

Tom Osbourne :sarcasm

But seriously, does anybody think that we go after Carl.

Nope. I think people in hell have a better chance of getting ice water. I thought there was a good chance for him to go to Minnesota when they supposedly talked to him but it never seemed to panned out. I could see him easily in a conference USA kind of place. Maybe someplace like Tulsa but I'm sure he won't be considered there. Who knows. . .maybe Wats will have a shot at that job. I'm sure he'll be on the list of candidates as Bo and TO are calling everyone to get him interviews.

Yeah I don't think we would either, just wondering what others thought. I mean, he is the mastermind behind this defense right?

Chris Peterson from Boise would be an amazing get for this program, he could be the next Urban Meyer. Hey he doesn't have a coaching job.......

Peterson would be an awesome get... But I doubt we could compete for him. I'd imagine that he'll stay at Boise until a position at at top place opens up and offers him. NU is not... at least not anymore... a top program and Peterson gets far more national exposure at BSU then he would at NU --- BSU is more often nationally televised than is NU and is a bigger national draw than is NU. He would likely leave only for a bigger draw.... but who knows, maybe he would be drawn to the challenge.

It isn't. Pull up the ratings and look at TV audiences. NU is huge which is why we rated higher than Missouri on the B10 wish list.

I agree Peterson gets the advantage of the "will Boise get its shot" from ESPN but that story is going to fade a touch now as they look at TCU more and more. Boise State is the Gonzaga of football. For a few years ESPN fell all over itself to talk about them. Now they're off the radar a bit again and there is a new team.

I think the reason we'd not see a Peterson come here is because his recruiting is pretty much west coast. Its tough to recruit nationally like NU has to. Surprisingly Bo actually does a pretty damn good job at it.

Why would Chris Peterson leave Boise? Dirk Koetter put Boise back on the map. He left for Arizona State, and he was fired after six years. In comes Dan Hawkins. Hawkins won the WAC every year except his first year. He leaves for Colorado, and he is fired after his fifth season. Three times a charm? Peterson nearly makes Pelini money already at Boise. What incentive would there be for him to leave and potentially get fired some five or six years later? Considering how the previous two coaches to leave Boise turned out, why would we even want him?

If we were to go after a top coach at the lower ranks, I'd have to choose Ron Roberts of Delta State. He's a defensive minded coach. Plus, his team runs the spread. For the talent we've recruited, I think he could fit in rather well.

Why would Chris Peterson leave Boise? Dirk Koetter put Boise back on the map. He left for Arizona State, and he was fired after six years. In comes Dan Hawkins. Hawkins won the WAC every year except his first year. He leaves for Colorado, and he is fired after his fifth season. Three times a charm? Peterson nearly makes Pelini money already at Boise. What incentive would there be for him to leave and potentially get fired some five or six years later? Considering how the previous two coaches to leave Boise turned out, why would we even want him?

If we were to go after a top coach at the lower ranks, I'd have to choose Ron Roberts of Delta State. He's a defensive minded coach. Plus, his team runs the spread. For the talent we've recruited, I think he could fit in rather well.

I would argue that we have a better program than either ASU or Colorado and can outperform whatever those schools did, and Peterson has become much more known nationally and higher regarded than them while at Boise and led his team to multiple BCS wins which would be something he can sell to recruits and bring to NU.

It isn't. Pull up the ratings and look at TV audiences. NU is huge which is why we rated higher than Missouri on the B10 wish list.

I agree Peterson gets the advantage of the "will Boise get its shot" from ESPN but that story is going to fade a touch now as they look at TCU more and more. Boise State is the Gonzaga of football. For a few years ESPN fell all over itself to talk about them. Now they're off the radar a bit again and there is a new team.

I think the reason we'd not see a Peterson come here is because his recruiting is pretty much west coast. Its tough to recruit nationally like NU has to. Surprisingly Bo actually does a pretty damn good job at it.

:yeah They could stay relevant for a while, but the storyline will get old and people just won't care. Now that small-school TCU, BYU and Utah are no longer in the small-school conference, it'll be tougher yet to stay relevant.

Brady Hoke would probably be on my list somewhere.

Great, great call. The man has done well at Ball State and San Diego State. I think he is going to be a hot coaching commodity in a few years. He will be the next Jim Harbaugh, IMO. Would love to see him at Nebraska if Bo were to ever leave.

I would argue that we have a better program than either ASU or Colorado and can outperform whatever those schools did, and Peterson has become much more known nationally and higher regarded than them while at Boise and led his team to multiple BCS wins which would be something he can sell to recruits and bring to NU.

I'd argue that Hawkins is actually the coach that became known nationally. In three of his five seasons at Boise State, Boise State finished the season 15th or higher. Hawkins was regarded as a slam dunk hire by CU. Historically, Nebraska is a better program than Arizona State and Colorado. However, Colorado in recent years probably has a bigger claim on success. From 2000-2010, CU has won the Big 12 North four times while Nebraska has won it three times. In the same time period, CU has won the Big 12 while Nebraska has not. Hawkins was well known while at Boise.