Do we need a 2011 Top 25 list???

Missouri at 16 is a joke. I'll be surprised if they're even ranked at the end of next year. They only lost their QB and best defensive player.

:yeah

Missouri also returns nearly their entire 2 deep, Gabbert is a much bigger loss than Smith. Smith was a great player but MU didnt miss him when he was out this year with an injury and DE is probably the deepest position on the team.

Gabbert hurts, but as someone who knows the team up and down, i would not be suprised at all to see them ranked at the end of the year. Franklin played a decent amount and in nearly every game.

With all that said, preseason rankings are bunk in August. So at this point in January they are just plain stupid

Franklin is good. Might be great someday. And one thing I've notice about Gary Pinkel over the years is that he does a good job of getting reps for the #2 QB. Even with a guy as good as Gabbert starting, Pinkel managed to get Franklin in for a series or so in several games.

If Ohio State is able to keep all of those guys that were suspended from entering the draft, they'll be like playing a Texas or Oklahoma for us. We might win, but the odds will definitely be against us. The rest of the schedule looks winnable to me. I still wish Wisconsin would have played Stanford. Then, we'd know if the Big 10 is any good. I still don't know if the Big 10 is any good, and I still don't know if TCU is legitimate or not.

Andy Staples has us ranked #12 for 2011, based primarily on the strength of Crick, David and Dennard returning.

This is about where we'll be ranked by most, IMO.

I dunno. Until we show signs of an offense I don't think we're going much higher into the top 20 than we did this year. My off-season Kool-Aid pitcher isn't full enough to put us any higher than 15th. Probably closer to 18th or 19th would be about right for me.

Andy Staples has us ranked #12 for 2011, based primarily on the strength of Crick, David and Dennard returning.

I dunno. Until we show signs of an offense I don't think we're going much higher into the top 20 than we did this year. My off-season Kool-Aid pitcher isn't full enough to put us any higher than 15th. Probably closer to 18th or 19th would be about right for me.

I'm not saying I think we should be ranked there, I'm just saying that's where the pundits will rank us.

I'm not saying I think we should be ranked there, I'm just saying that's where the pundits will rank us.

Oh right, you Kool-Aid drunkard, you. /jk

Where would you put us? (Not that anyone could make more than a wild ast guess at this point. heh.)

Where would you put us? (Not that anyone could make more than a wild ast guess at this point. heh.)

I'll admit to driving the kool-aid wagon. :koolaid2:

Where I'd put us depends a lot on who's leaving for the draft and who's staying across the country. And as usual, most of the rankings are a total crapshoot after the top 3 or 5. At this point, drinking my kool-aid through a pretty big straw, I'd put us at 13th - square in the middle of the top 25.

I don't think there are more than 12 teams out there who could line up and beat us at our A game, and I think in general we could/should be able to beat about 105-110 of the teams out there, straight up. That's a pretty namby-pamby answer, but for January it's the best I've got.

roy had a great career but was never an every down back...far from it. injuries plagued him and kept him out of numerous games, including marquee matchups. its fact.

bottom line, we wont miss him at all.

the guy is 3rd all time in career yards for a rb. we very well might go on next year and not miss a beat, but i doubt that is the case

I think you will see NU in and around the 15 spot. Unless some of the offensive questions are answered. Then i can see them hovering just outside the top 10. But its so early, so many things can change.

I think the offensive questions will have more of an impact. if we get things straightened out I think we will be inside the top ten... if not, we might not even be in the top 25

roy had a great career but was never an every down back...far from it. injuries plagued him and kept him out of numerous games, including marquee matchups. its fact.

bottom line, we wont miss him at all.

the guy is 3rd all time in career yards for a rb. we very well might go on next year and not miss a beat, but i doubt that is the case

had Helu been used out of the backfield similar to how he was the prior 2 years - he would have had a much more dramatic impact on the offense this year. As it was he caught 5 balls. It's something that has kind of gotten overlooked in regards to Roy and the offensive changes - our RB's always had great hands and caught a lot out of the backfield. In 2008 over 50 reception out of the backfield. Less than half of that this year with a freshman QB? You'd have thought Watson would be telling Martinez "if your first or second progression is covered check down to the RB" - nope the RB was always on his a$$ after attempting to help out a crappy line.

Sorry - but I put us right at around 20 beacuse we're going to have 5-10 things with the offense that just make you go :facepalm: by the end of the season. Roy was 1 of 20 for 2010 IMO. We'll be better next year - but so is our competition, so we finish 9-4 w/ no trip to the CCG, but a bowl win against a lesser apponent.

Missouri at 16 is a joke. I'll be surprised if they're even ranked at the end of next year. They only lost their QB and best defensive player.

Missouri also returns nearly their entire 2 deep, Gabbert is a much bigger loss than Smith. Smith was a great player but MU didnt miss him when he was out this year with an injury and DE is probably the deepest position on the team.

Gabbert hurts, but as someone who knows the team up and down, i would not be suprised at all to see them ranked at the end of the year. Franklin played a decent amount and in nearly every game.

With all that said, preseason rankings are bunk in August. So at this point in January they are just plain stupid

Missouri also has to play a full slate of South teams this year instead of just 3. They are at Oklahoma (who could be the preseason #1 team), Texas A&M, and (I think...) Oklahoma State, who has Blackmon and Weedon coming back.

Missouri also has to play a full slate of South teams this year instead of just 3. They are at Oklahoma (who could be the preseason #1 team), Texas A&M, and (I think...) Oklahoma State, who has Blackmon and Weedon coming back.

they are on the road to atm,ksu, ou and baylor. OU will be tough return a ton off a really good team, hard to say about atm, mu beat that team on the road this year by 21 (and the JJ turned the ball over too much excuse wont cut it since aTm didnt have a to in that game. they just got physically whooped). Baylor is getting better, but still not great.

and the whole every south team arguement is overrated IMO. yeah you have to play tx and ou and thats a tough task most years. the last two though would not have been. Ou was barely above average last year and texas was just plain bad this year. And they are not all slobberknockers, you also add some other average or below average teams. infact most years by playing all six you are adding one really good team, one average to good team and one bad team. MU's round robin has been OU/TT/ATM & TX/BAY/OSU. Its not like they just played BAY/TT/TX this year and are now adding the top 3. But thats just for MU...for a team like ku that every two years got to go through without playing either tx and ou in the same seasons will have issues.

Also you must consider that although MU will add TX or OU to their schedule every year, they are taking NE off of it. So is it really as bad as people try to make it sound??