Farewell Layne

I have met Layne - although I didn't know it at the time. I ran into the above-mentioned football player at the grocery store and chatted with him a while. I didn't want to stare, but his girlfriend was REALLY nice looking! I talked to him about the team, about the volleyball team and the school in general. Never figured out that was Layne standing next to him, with a huge smile, very charming.

Funny thing is, I've watched her play more often than him. I just didn't know that work-a-day basketball player cleaned up so well!

You guys must all be in your 20s. I couldn't care less how "hot" the players on our BB or VB teams are. I want to see the basketball go in the hoop, I want to see crashing boards, I want to see steals and guts and toughness. If they're cute... meh. Doesn't do much for me. Of course, I'm about twice the age of these girls, so....

Anyway, just got back from the BB game. Kansas didn't get the memo that they're supposed to be the victim in the women's game, so it took some time to get the point across. We controlled the whole game, but a miracle three-pointer by a Kansas guard sent it into overtime.

Where Nebraska promptly went on a 19-5 run to put the game to bed. :thumbs See, the memo states that "knapplc does NOT attend games in which the Husker women's BB team loses. Period." Three years I've been going to games. Haven't seen a loss yet.

Didn't see Layne Reeves at all, sadly. Got to see Maurtice Ivy's jersey retired, which was pretty cool. Saw Khiry Cooper walk by. But no Reeves. So it goes.