Memorial Stadium

marble

i think folks are gonna be pretty impressed with the current expansion on slate. $56 million dollars, another 5000+ seats with another skybox level, gate 20 and the east side enclosed with a 3 story structure similar to the west stadium overhaul... and dont think for one second its not built with future additions in mind.

The only bad part is the fans will end up paying for it all.

The athletic department already has accumulated about $25 million in gifts and contributions toward the project. Osborne anticipates another $15 million in private donations toward the project, with the remaining $15 million to be financed with bonds to be repaid through ticket sales.

Whats a ticket gonna be in 5 years $80, it's an outrage.

I thought it was pretty well known that Dollar Bill Byrne was the mastermind behind the north expansion. Maybe not.

I'm sure as the years go by the stadium will continue to evolve. This round of expansion won't be the last, and there are improvements on the "wish list" that will be done someday. It just takes time.

you want the best, you pay for it. im tired of hearing people bitch about ticket prices, but turn around and explain how much they are in awe of the gameday experience plus wanting it to be bigger and better, wanting the best facilities and bragging about them, etc. wake up folks...those things cost money.

you want a cheap ticket, go to a UNK game.

• Fire 2

I thought it was pretty well known that Dollar Bill Byrne was the mastermind behind the north expansion. Maybe not.

I'm sure as the years go by the stadium will continue to evolve. This round of expansion won't be the last, and there are improvements on the "wish list" that will be done someday. It just takes time.

Thats what I thought too. He was behind the West expansion and was getting the ducks in a row for the north expansion before he left. They didnt call him dollar bill for nothing.

There's truth to the idea that you have to pay for the best. But there's also truth to the fact that a LOT of families can't afford a $55 ticket (or two) to take Jr. to his first game.

Everyone likes to complain now about how dead our crowd is... well, we've priced tickets out of the range of the kind of people who would go to a game and scream for four quarters. Tickets can most readily be afforded by the Sit Down Blue Hairs.

There's truth to the idea that you have to pay for the best. But there's also truth to the fact that a LOT of families can't afford a $55 ticket (or two) to take Jr. to his first game.

Everyone likes to complain now about how dead our crowd is... well, we've priced tickets out of the range of the kind of people who would go to a game and scream for four quarters. Tickets can most readily be afforded by the Sit Down Blue Hairs.

I totally understand your point, but how do our ticket prices compare to stadiums that are usually rocking, say VA Tech or LSU? I find it hard to believe that our ticket prices are that much higher than other stadiums around the country that are extremely rowdy.

I don't think it has as much to do with the ticket price as it does the donation system required to obtain season tickets. That's some serious money to shell out.

I think there's a deeper sociological explanation for our fans' relative lack of noise that doesn't have much if anything to do with ticket prices.

As Richard mentioned, other big programs who have much rowdier crowds pay just as much as (and sometimes more than) Nebraska fans do for a single-game ticket. Penn State charged $67 for single-game seats this year.