NU v. Colorado

Just thought of something I would like to see tomorrow. I would like to see Rayes Gallegos not attempt a 3 point shot. This kid has major confidence issues, I've never seen anything like it. He is over 50% coming off the dribble, but shooting a set shot he has looked awful. His misses aren't even close. From beyond the arc, Ray is an incredible 5-34 (.147).

What irritates me to no end is that Doc allows him to continue to launch away. In the Mizzou game, Ray put up a 3 with about 20 seconds left on the shot clock and completely bricked it. It's obvious that it's all in his head, I just can't figure out why he is allowed to shoot at any time. I don't care how well a guy shoots in practice, there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough and tell him that he needs to either attack or pass it. I'd love it if he could get over this, but since it doesn't look like that's happening I'd prefer he just stops trying. Give a pump fake, take a dribble and pull up, that's your high percentage shot, Ray.

I think he is allowed to shot is because we lack that good shooter on our team. If you think about yes it him and Richardson have the nicest looking strokes on the team. I think if you give it time they will eventually drop. I would much rather have him shooting the ball than us passing it inside to Diaz or Almeida. But yes I agree he looks much better shooting the ball off the dribble than when he does just catching it and shooting it. We need to set more screens for him which would allow him to move with the ball better and whoever roles to the basket could have an open look.

Go to espn3, you can watch a replay of it.

Appreciate the tip. However, down here our internet provider is not on the long list of providers that espn3 works with. There's a very long list of acceptable providers, mine has to be the only one not on there. <_<

Get an xbox then :)

Thanks, I didn't even know you could watch ESPN3 through the XBOX... I must be too focused on COD.

It'll be interseting to see if this team comes out flat and lays an egg. I think this game will really show how good this team can be. After losing 2 close games on the road to maybe the 2 best teams in Big12, gotta wonder how motivated/confident this team is. After the inital wear of the loss to KU was, gotta look at it from a positive atleast from player/coach side of things. This team knows they can play with top tier of Big 12, they just got to show it night after night.

I saw literally 30 seconds of the game against KU, and since we never get the games out here, who is that behemoth on the team this year? I don't remember seeing a big guy like that last year.

Andre Almeida I think he is from Brazil or someplace like that. The Ku game was most the Ive seen him play, he kinda got tired in the end, but he had a couple of offensive boards which is always a positive.

I saw literally 30 seconds of the game against KU, and since we never get the games out here, who is that behemoth on the team this year? I don't remember seeing a big guy like that last year.

He's a JUCO from Arizona. Scarey thing is he's lost 30 pounds (probably more now that he's halfway through a season). His problem is he's not in shape. He's already said this summer he will stay in Nebraska to work on getting into better shape, he could turn into a monster if he hits the weights and treadmill all offseason.

I'm off to Lincoln. Do or die time for this team. There should be a pretty good crowd; if they have a good complete game and impress people they will probably have great crowds the rest of the year. If they disappoint, you can expect less than 9,000 at every game from here on out. Win tonight and things start falling into place. 14-4 (2-2) with a game Saturday that they will* win. Come home next week at 15-4 (3-2) to play a most likely ranked aTm team, which would no doubt draw a great crowd and real chance to make a statement. But it all has to start with a win tonight. I'm nervous.

* TTech is absolutely terrible. Nebrask WILL win that game...right? Right?

He's a JUCO from Arizona. Scarey thing is he's lost 30 pounds (probably more now that he's halfway through a season). His problem is he's not in shape. He's already said this summer he will stay in Nebraska to work on getting into better shape, he could turn into a monster if he hits the weights and treadmill all offseason.

I'm off to Lincoln. Do or die time for this team. There should be a pretty good crowd; if they have a good complete game and impress people they will probably have great crowds the rest of the year. If they disappoint, you can expect less than 9,000 at every game from here on out. Win tonight and things start falling into place. 14-4 (2-2) with a game Saturday that they will* win. Come home next week at 15-4 (3-2) to play a most likely ranked aTm team, which would no doubt draw a great crowd and real chance to make a statement. But it all has to start with a win tonight. I'm nervous.

* TTech is absolutely terrible. Nebrask WILL win that game...right? Right?

This post makes me wish I lived closer to Lincoln. I love the Skers and love basketball, but sadly I've never been to a Husker basketball game :(