Texas just screwed the B12

da skers

There's a difference between being talked about, like Missouri, Syracuse, Rutgers and Notre Dame have been talked about, and an actual factual invite being tendered as happened with Notre Dame (like a standard, open invitation, from what I'm hearing, as in, PLEASE join us), and Nebraska. I will guarantee you that Missouri is on the Big 10's radar, and they should be. In all those lists and numbers I provided, Missouri is ranked right up there (aside from the top-20 lists of TV and Value). If the Big 10 were to expand again (which I think is a serious probability), I think Missouri's phone will ring again.

My contention that Nebraska is a "bigger catch" than Missouri doesn't mean Missouri sucks. It most certainly does not. It's just that, supported by facts, Nebraska is better. How much better is open to interpretation, and the only true gauge of value is the Big 10's, because they're the ones holding all the cards.

To be truthful. . .MU screwed itself. For what ever reason they have this complex and feel they should be mentioned with great college athletics and as a storied program. As a result they are always touting themselves, trying to draw attention and point out they are relevant. Its like when the fat kids gets a pitty date from the prom queen and then he as to brag that he's going to bone her after the dance only to have her find out leave with the prom king/captin of the football team. They draw attention to themselves and then piss away what they were about to have a chance to accomplish.

They were going to be invited into the B10 then had to leak it and try to rub it in everyone's face and try to flip them the bird. One of my friends is an assistant AD there and he sat in the meetings that Thursday afternoon that planned the leaving of the B12 and how the B10 would most likely proceed. The B10 got turned off by the leak. This was going to be very quite as they explored and brought in two more teams (besides MU and NU) and would have a 14 team conference. But the AD department just had to leak it to the KC radio and all of the sudden there is all of this attention on whats going down. A few of the possible players got scared off and it shut down. No one even knew NU was being considered until MU started saying we're in the B10 and we're going to bring NU with us. The fact was at that point. . .they we're only getting in because of us and only if all the other teams came along and when the other teams backed away there was only one spot to be filled.

heres the thing, there are 1000 different stories about how it went down, what did or didnt happen. YOu have a source, i have a source, radio had a source, my brothers mother-in-laws uncle has a source. I can tell you what my source said. He said it was a done deal but leadership at MU didnt want to wait the waiting period to become full members. That they played hard ball for a few weeks with the big 10, then lost and Mu's bid went to NE, who was willing to sit and wait to become full members.

So who is right, my good friend or your friend? Was it Mu who was the only one and they blew it or was MU only in because of NE? Its like tootsie pops....the world may never know. ;)

and really at this point does any of that matter? Whats done is done. I think the process is far from over and i believe MU will land on their feet. They are not the best option available but they are a hell of a lot better than a number of other bcs schools that may end up in the same boat.

Thats fine if you choose not to believe me. I honestly don't give two squirts of a rats ass. This is the information I got first hand after the fact from an athletic department official. I'm going to take it from the guy sitting in the room representing MU and helping to make the decisions on the transition. He was pissed they f'd it up. If there is any speculation in there its from him and he'd probably base it off of pretty damn good information.

There are exactly 4 places I know people. Outside of them I won't speculate and if I do I'll always list the media I read it in. They are UNL (several people in the AD department, several of TO family members including the attorney for my business, and very close associates of TO including his college teammates and buddies, several key former players still tied to the program including my banker, several key boosters and regents; Michigan a booster and an Athletic department Marking agent; Missouri an assistant athletic director for a sport I won't name because it will be easy to tell who he is; the WAC conference office I know a media relations person who basically spoon feeds the info to the rest of the world. There I laid my dick on the table for everyone to see. Happy?

I think you took me wrong. Not challenging you flop your junk on the table. Just said there are 1000 different versions of the same story. MU f'd up their invite. I never questioned if you were telling the truth to what you were told.

and just so you know, my contact that told me taht works in the Ath Dept also. I also know a number of bosters and people with connections the the FB and MBB programs at MU. I know ex FB players who i talk with and I used to work in sports radio and have a number of friends that have their own contacts and that work in top 30 markets all across the US that spill beans with me. I also know a family that are bosters to Michigan and have family ties within the program as players and ex players.

I am no less in the know than you, that was my point. There are a lot of versions of stories out there. Not a challange at all bud.

There's a difference between being talked about, like Missouri, Syracuse, Rutgers and Notre Dame have been talked about, and an actual factual invite being tendered as happened with Notre Dame (like a standard, open invitation, from what I'm hearing, as in, PLEASE join us), and Nebraska. I will guarantee you that Missouri is on the Big 10's radar, and they should be. In all those lists and numbers I provided, Missouri is ranked right up there (aside from the top-20 lists of TV and Value). If the Big 10 were to expand again (which I think is a serious probability), I think Missouri's phone will ring again.

My contention that Nebraska is a "bigger catch" than Missouri doesn't mean Missouri sucks. It most certainly does not. It's just that, supported by facts, Nebraska is better. How much better is open to interpretation, and the only true gauge of value is the Big 10's, because they're the ones holding all the cards.

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying that nebraska was a bad choice, or didnt deserve to be offered. Thats not the case at all. Just saying its not like we are worlds apart. Nebraska was the right choice if you are taking 1 school. Thats an honest statement from me.

We have hashed and re-hashed this topic to death already about who, why, & when. Personally I dont think there are things to go over when it comes to NE vs. MU/ku/KSU/ISU/RUT/PITT/SYC and so on. I think the discussion is between those remaining schools because NE is already in.

To be truthful. . .MU screwed itself. For what ever reason they have this complex and feel they should be mentioned with great college athletics and as a storied program. As a result they are always touting themselves, trying to draw attention and point out they are relevant. Its like when the fat kids gets a pitty date from the prom queen and then he as to brag that he's going to bone her after the dance only to have her find out leave with the prom king/captin of the football team. They draw attention to themselves and then piss away what they were about to have a chance to accomplish.

They were going to be invited into the B10 then had to leak it and try to rub it in everyone's face and try to flip them the bird. One of my friends is an assistant AD there and he sat in the meetings that Thursday afternoon that planned the leaving of the B12 and how the B10 would most likely proceed. The B10 got turned off by the leak. This was going to be very quite as they explored and brought in two more teams (besides MU and NU) and would have a 14 team conference. But the AD department just had to leak it to the KC radio and all of the sudden there is all of this attention on whats going down. A few of the possible players got scared off and it shut down. No one even knew NU was being considered until MU started saying we're in the B10 and we're going to bring NU with us. The fact was at that point. . .they we're only getting in because of us and only if all the other teams came along and when the other teams backed away there was only one spot to be filled.

heres the thing, there are 1000 different stories about how it went down, what did or didnt happen. YOu have a source, i have a source, radio had a source, my brothers mother-in-laws uncle has a source. I can tell you what my source said. He said it was a done deal but leadership at MU didnt want to wait the waiting period to become full members. That they played hard ball for a few weeks with the big 10, then lost and Mu's bid went to NE, who was willing to sit and wait to become full members.

So who is right, my good friend or your friend? Was it Mu who was the only one and they blew it or was MU only in because of NE? Its like tootsie pops....the world may never know. ;)

and really at this point does any of that matter? Whats done is done. I think the process is far from over and i believe MU will land on their feet. They are not the best option available but they are a hell of a lot better than a number of other bcs schools that may end up in the same boat.

Thats fine if you choose not to believe me. I honestly don't give two squirts of a rats ass. This is the information I got first hand after the fact from an athletic department official. I'm going to take it from the guy sitting in the room representing MU and helping to make the decisions on the transition. He was pissed they f'd it up. If there is any speculation in there its from him and he'd probably base it off of pretty damn good information.

There are exactly 4 places I know people. Outside of them I won't speculate and if I do I'll always list the media I read it in. They are UNL (several people in the AD department, several of TO family members including the attorney for my business, and very close associates of TO including his college teammates and buddies, several key former players still tied to the program including my banker, several key boosters and regents; Michigan a booster and an Athletic department Marking agent; Missouri an assistant athletic director for a sport I won't name because it will be easy to tell who he is; the WAC conference office I know a media relations person who basically spoon feeds the info to the rest of the world. There I laid my dick on the table for everyone to see. Happy?

I think you took me wrong. Not challenging you flop your junk on the table. Just said there are 1000 different versions of the same story. MU f'd up their invite. I never questioned if you were telling the truth to what you were told.

and just so you know, my contact that told me taht works in the Ath Dept also. I also know a number of bosters and people with connections the the FB and MBB programs at MU. I know ex FB players who i talk with and I used to work in sports radio and have a number of friends that have their own contacts and that work in top 30 markets all across the US that spill beans with me. I also know a family that are bosters to Michigan and have family ties within the program as players and ex players.

I am no less in the know than you, that was my point. There are a lot of versions of stories out there. Not a challange at all bud.

My bad then. And I'll always be quick to say I'm wrong if and when I am. Just a little hypersensitive being the new guy and probably ultra defensive in trying to validate my info since I don't have much time sharing at this board. I've read this board as well as others and the new people always get attacked and dismissed because they don't have a 6,000 post count.

Carry on.

My bad then. And I'll always be quick to say I'm wrong if and when I am. Just a little hypersensitive being the new guy and probably ultra defensive in trying to validate my info since I don't have much time sharing at this board. I've read this board as well as others and the new people always get attacked and dismissed because they don't have a 6,000 post count.

Heh. Post count. The number of posts beside someone's name means nothing. Some people have 11,000+ posts of utter sh#t. Some have 12 posts that are utterly profound. Give me the dozen posts guy any time. If I had my choice we wouldn't display post counts. They don't mean anything.

I think in your short time here you've shown that you're a person worth listening to. Don't sweat the longevity or post count. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get along fine.

Carry on.

No worries :cheers And I know I dont speak for everyone here, but I feel like i could for most of us. As long as you know your stuff, are sensable and make a good arguement regardless if others agree with you or not, you'll do just fine on this board and be welcomed by the masses. only the DBags and pot stirrers will feel the heat from the vets on this board.

Dude, if you guys can accept me into the circle of trust, then any reasonable, and some unreasonable ;) husker fans have nothing to worry about. :lol: your a good cat in my book....but then again you havnt attacked my tigers yet. ;):clap

I wish you would post more. You and about two/three dozen other guys whose stuff I like to read, whose opinions I value. I can't get enough of this kind of talk.

I'm sorry . . but I'm probably posting more here than anyplace I've ever posted. I don't really do the "what if you were the coach threads" or "re-hash the game". I just like the stuff around the program, the coaches, players, etc. I'd rather talk about the day to day happenings than fantasy football stuff. Not there is anything wrong with that for those who like it. . . its just not me. And. . if nothings going on too juicy. . .then well. . .I'm a ghost.

I wish you would post more. You and about two/three dozen other guys whose stuff I like to read, whose opinions I value. I can't get enough of this kind of talk.

I'm sorry . . but I'm probably posting more here than anyplace I've ever posted. I don't really do the "what if you were the coach threads" or "re-hash the game". I just like the stuff around the program, the coaches, players, etc. I'd rather talk about the day to day happenings than fantasy football stuff. Not there is anything wrong with that for those who like it. . . its just not me. And. . if nothings going on too juicy. . .then well. . .I'm a ghost.

That was actually for fro.

hahaha. . .well then. :LOLtartar

hahaha. . .well then. :LOLtartar

Sorry. :) But I like reading your stuff, too. You're a wise egg, as eggs go.