Texas just screwed the B12

da skers

this is good for the b12. they no longer have to worry about texas abandoning ship and the life rafts left for the other schools are much worse than just staying on with texas. allowing texas all the power is still better than conf. USA or mac or wac, or whatever other second rate conference would be willing to pick them up.

If Turner Gill has any chance at all of surviving at Kansas, he better hope and pray that Kansas does indeed end up in the Big East.

Still think Kansas is a better candidate than Missouri for future Big 10 expansion--while folks thought Kansas and K-State were tethered together, Kansas' continued dalliance with the Big East affirms that they can strike out on their own without repercussions from the state legislature.

This alone should have Missouri concerned--while another poster did point out that Missouri may have better academics according to some services, Kansas had handily achieved more on the court, and it can be argued that Kansas has done more than Missouri in football as well.

And just to be honest, if you could pick one or the other to come into the Big 10, you'd be all over Kansas in a heartbeat--while we may lose to them on the court, they'd be a layup on our conference football schedule in a conference that have many easy wins.

Missouri brings about 500,000 more TV sets to the deal than Kansas does, and I'm not sure it can be argued they've done more in football. Pinkel has Missouri heading in the right direction.

I can't find it right now, but we were exploring the viability of our own channel a while ago. Like last year, or within the last few years. It's not evil that Texas did this, or that anyone else wants to. It's good business. I'd love to have a Husker channel. I'd watch more TV, that's for sure.
I remember an article saying we were about a year ahead of Texas in the planning/implementation of this and had it been pushed it could have been running for the 2011 season, but that was scrapped w/ the move to Big10.AngryDad mentioned it on Huskermax here.Also, I have Big10 Network - anyone else think it's kind of a dud? During football season it isn't too bad...but I'm essentially paying $50 a year for 3 Husker games, and reruns of some of the games that have already been played.

$50/yr. is a lot better than the $40/game Nebraska fans had to shell out thrice this season. $50 < $120 :thumbs

And someone asked earlier about Nebraska content this summer. I think as soon as we're a Big 10 member (was it June or July 1st?) they said they will run old Nebraska content, just like old pre-Big 10 Penn State content is shown.

Hell, if we see even one 'Husker victory that isn't the GotC, that's one more than ESPN will have shown for us in the past five years. That alone makes the B10Network better.

Fortunately I haven't had to pay for the pay-per-view games in a long time. Not directly anyway. If you count the $80 in beer/pizza that I spend to go watch the game at Callahans, Minkskys, or Gran Falloon then it cost me $240 to watch the 3 games this year. (I think there were actually 4 I had to go to the bar to watch here though) - But even w/ the Big10 network - you can't pass up watching a few games surrounded by 200 Husker fans in the heart of KC...so I'll call it even money.

If Turner Gill has any chance at all of surviving at Kansas, he better hope and pray that Kansas does indeed end up in the Big East.

Still think Kansas is a better candidate than Missouri for future Big 10 expansion--while folks thought Kansas and K-State were tethered together, Kansas' continued dalliance with the Big East affirms that they can strike out on their own without repercussions from the state legislature.

This alone should have Missouri concerned--while another poster did point out that Missouri may have better academics according to some services, Kansas had handily achieved more on the court, and it can be argued that Kansas has done more than Missouri in football as well.

And just to be honest, if you could pick one or the other to come into the Big 10, you'd be all over Kansas in a heartbeat--while we may lose to them on the court, they'd be a layup on our conference football schedule in a conference that have many easy wins.

Missouri brings about 500,000 more TV sets to the deal than Kansas does, and I'm not sure it can be argued they've done more in football. Pinkel has Missouri heading in the right direction.

and only took him 10 years to too. :sarcasm

I hope that after 10 years you wouldn't say that about Bo.

"technically" it took him six - (12-2 in 2007)

...(hypothetically speaking) Bo won't get 6 years to make a run at a BCS game. He has 2 more, tops. If after 5 years we still have a top 10 defense and our current offense (plus probably a new AD)...I don't see him making it a 6th under that scenario. That would make it 5 straight years crap offense, and probably 5 new offensive "identities". I REALLY hope Bo isn't a "flavor of the week" type of guy w/ his offense. It certainly seems to be the case thus far. Every year he jumps on what worked the prior year.

...(hypothetically speaking) Bo won't get 6 years to make a run at a BCS game. He has 2 more, tops. If after 5 years we still have a top 10 defense and our current offense (plus probably a new AD)...I don't see him making it a 6th under that scenario. That would make it 5 straight years crap offense, and probably 5 new offensive "identities". I REALLY hope Bo isn't a "flavor of the week" type of guy w/ his offense. It certainly seems to be the case thus far. Every year he jumps on what worked the prior year.

I don't know. If TO is still the AD i don't really seeing him firing Bo. But Bo will get a pass for the next two years cause of move to the Big Ten. If TO is still supportive of Watson and recommends him to stay for Bo then you can't blame Bo. Though i will say the last two years being within a whiff of being conference champion does make decisions easier when your offense sucks.

I don't know. If TO is still the AD i don't really seeing him firing Bo. But Bo will get a pass for the next two years cause of move to the Big Ten. If TO is still supportive of Watson and recommends him to stay for Bo then you can't blame Bo. Though i will say the last two years being within a whiff of being conference champion does make decisions easier when your offense sucks.

NU will never fire a coach with a 9+ win a year record, ever again. But realistically Bo could have trouble getting to that 9 wins in the B10 the next couple of years. (about anyone would) The next two years everyone will be jacked up to beat the new kids on the block. Their stadiums will be rock'n and of course they didn't really give us a very favorable schedule those first two years. TO was even shell shocked by what they did to us.

One thing is for sure. . if our guys cant keep their focus from week to week. . .we're screwed.

Aside from football, who would want to watch this channel? Did anyone see the quote where they will be airing plays and musical performances for several hours a day? Who wants to watch that?

This guy:

longhorns.jpg

Hmmm...I always thought that was a girl

this is what all the texas fans are gonna look like after sitting on their a*s for 30 hours a week wasting their life infront of the TV watching the Longshot network. they can have it. I really think it will fail. If NU had it, I wouldnt watch. there are other things in life to do beside watch one dimensional TV all day long . This is just another step towards the NCAA becoming pro. what a joke.Every year I lose a little more interest in College sports because of this crap. money buys championships.Everyday its a little more about the money, a little less about the sports/kids. good luck Big 12.

This sounds so familiar to what I was told when i got assigned to Okinawa while in the military. My supervisor told me "get ready airman, as soon as you come into work your first day, the SHAFT goes in, it never comes out until you leave here, it just goes in deeper each day."

Reminds me of all the schools in the Big 12, except for the Longhorns, every school has been shafted by the Longhorns, it never comes out, it just goes in deeper each day until the time you leave.

Aside from football, who would want to watch this channel? Did anyone see the quote where they will be airing plays and musical performances for several hours a day? Who wants to watch that?

This guy:

longhorns.jpg

Hmmm...I always thought that was a girl

this is what all the texas fans are gonna look like after sitting on their a*s for 30 hours a week wasting their life infront of the TV watching the Longshot network. they can have it. I really think it will fail. If NU had it, I wouldnt watch. there are other things in life to do beside watch one dimensional TV all day long . This is just another step towards the NCAA becoming pro. what a joke.Every year I lose a little more interest in College sports because of this crap. money buys championships.Everyday its a little more about the money, a little less about the sports/kids. good luck Big 12.

I also see failure ........... doesn't the other team also get part of the cash. I don't think any real sports will be live so I guess some may tune in to see reruns. Of course after this year they want to replay old seasons to try and trick their fans.

This guy:

longhorns.jpg

If this is a guy, all i have to say is...

Stevie Griffin "FIND YOUR PENIS, $1, FIND YOUR PENIS, GET $1"

NU will never fire a coach with a 9+ win a year record, ever again. But realistically Bo could have trouble getting to that 9 wins in the B10 the next couple of years. (about anyone would) The next two years everyone will be jacked up to beat the new kids on the block. Their stadiums will be rock'n and of course they didn't really give us a very favorable schedule those first two years. TO was even shell shocked by what they did to us.

One thing is for sure. . if our guys cant keep their focus from week to week. . .we're screwed.

I would have never expected the Big Ten to give us a favorable schedule as the newbies. A conference never wants the new kid to come in and win the first Conference Championship Game. that would look bad on them.