Niles Paul

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a link to a Q and A with Niles Paul talking about his career at Nebraska and what he's doing to prep for the NFL Combine.

Sorry for the one-off post, but it's a cool update on a guy trying to make it in the NFL.

I kind of feel bad for giving Paul a hard time after reading that story. Thanks for posting that. It's going to be interesting to see just how things turn out for him.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a link to a Q and A with Niles Paul talking about his career at Nebraska and what he's doing to prep for the NFL Combine.

Sorry for the one-off post, but it's a cool update on a guy trying to make it in the NFL.

I kind of feel bad for giving Paul a hard time after reading that story. Thanks for posting that. It's going to be interesting to see just how things turn out for him.

I hope he does great in the NFL, but about feeling bad for giving him a hard time....

“You want to do a good job,” he said, “but when you're not getting the looks that you think you deserve, it sucks.”

....if he wouldn't have said stuff like this then it wouldn't have bothered me that he screwed up so much.

Hey guys,

I hope he does great in the NFL, but about feeling bad for giving him a hard time....

"You want to do a good job," he said, "but when you're not getting the looks that you think you deserve, it sucks."

....if he wouldn't have said stuff like this then it wouldn't have bothered me that he screwed up so much.

That definitely made it easier. He talked about being humbled in that article which was nice to hear.

Niles isn't a bad guy. I'm sure he means well. He's said some stuff when the microphone has been stuck in his face that I'm sure he regrets. I'm sure all of us would have said something stupid in those situations, too. Hell, I TYPE stuff, have a chance to re-read it before it hit "post" and I still make bonehead comments and say things I regret. I do it weekly. I'm willing to cut the guy a ton of slack for stuff like that.

I gripe when he drops passes, or fumbles, or does other bonehead things on the field, but that's football. Outside the white lines, I have a lot of love for Niles. No homo.

Niles isn't a bad guy. I'm sure he means well. He's said some stuff when the microphone has been stuck in his face that I'm sure he regrets. I'm sure all of us would have said something stupid in those situations, too. Hell, I TYPE stuff, have a chance to re-read it before it hit "post" and I still make bonehead comments and say things I regret. I do it weekly. I'm willing to cut the guy a ton of slack for stuff like that.

I gripe when he drops passes, or fumbles, or does other bonehead things on the field, but that's football. Outside the white lines, I have a lot of love for Niles. No homo.

I will fully admit to griping every time he dropped a pass as well. We wouldn't be fans if we didn't! lol

I wonder if his name gets called. He could sign on as a free agent too. He's got great speed but them hands are a made of stone sometimes. lol

Niles seemed more obsessed in being a bodybuilder, than developing as a dependable receiver...maybe he can develop in the NFL?

I am going to say that he will develop in the NFL. I don't know how far he will get, but he has the physical tools to be good. I still firmly believe something was missing in practice...either they didn't work on catching, holding on to the football, etc. Or they just aren't taught very well.

Poor kid though...he will always be remembered for his failures at Nebraska, unless he makes a name for himself in the NFL. I hope he proves everyone wrong and has a great NFL career.

Hey guys,

Why would you feel bad? For no reason he was dropping balls he should have caught.

You know I will go out on a limb, and I know that I have company on said limb, that Niles will get drafted a LOT higher than many on this board and the so-called "experts" have said. The NFL eats up stats and feats that players put up in the combine, and Niles looks all the part of testing freak. He should put up a huge bench rep number, and then blaze a top 40 and pro agility time. He is that quick and we know his strength. Niles will put up numbers that scouts and coaches will eat up. Look at Al Davis and how far he will reach for workout warriors(is Haywood-Bay and Fabian).

I will go as far and say early 3rd.

You know I will go out on a limb, and I know that I have company on said limb, that Niles will get drafted a LOT higher than many on this board and the so-called "experts" have said. The NFL eats up stats and feats that players put up in the combine, and Niles looks all the part of testing freak. He should put up a huge bench rep number, and then blaze a top 40 and pro agility time. He is that quick and we know his strength. Niles will put up numbers that scouts and coaches will eat up. Look at Al Davis and how far he will reach for workout warriors(is Haywood-Bay and Fabian).

I will go as far and say early 3rd.

well, if i was an NFL scout, i would take a proven receiver, before i would take a specimen.....receivers are a dime a dozen.