Freshmen QB comparison

cb1954

There's no need for a meltdown. I know it's frustrating because we're typing, not talking, but don't get so stressed.

I am I, I get where you're coming from and I agree with the point you're making. I apologize for taking this on a tangent that may not have been productive. I think a lot of the subsequent talking has been refining a point that doesn't need refining, because everyone's pretty much saying the same thing.

I think beauty is in the eyes of the holder. But we seem to work the opposite for some reason on this kid.

He played fantastic until he was hurt, but he gave it his all while he was hurt. He was the starter for most of the year and only lost his starts due to injury.

He was a freshman All American, neither of the other two were. The other two played on much stronger offensive teams than Martinez is playing on now, neither compared in stats.

Let's give the kid the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes.

I would bet there are at least 100 other teams out there begging for an athlete like him.

Still in the rough, but he is a gem, if we use him right and find a way to protect him. He has a lot to learn no question, but I doubt we would have been North champs with out him, and would not have had the overall wins we do this year.

This is not lipstick on a pig we are talking about. The kid is talented, and I think more so than the other twoat this time in their careers. But he does not have the supporting cast the others did.

The first two proved their ability over four years, this kid did quite well before injury and manned up the rest of the season. I know rumors ran wild, but he is sitll here and a lot on here had him leaving. Maybe we do not really know the kid as well as some think we do.

I am very glad he is here and I hope he improves next year, Nebraska does not need another starting QB, we need experience at that position, he is the only one we have that has proven he knows what to do. The others untested or not so much.

Body of work over the first year, he wins hands down in my book. Problems are not just the QB trust me.

I realize T-magic isn't going to be the next Mike Vick necessarily but, I am going to laugh my Arse off in a few months when all the trash talkers are buying his jersey and jumping back on the t-wagon. The kid did some great things and some bad things. I'm sure he will concentrate on passing mostly on offseason and get a little better. Then the year after work on controlling the game and reading defenses. Then we will all be saying Frazier who? (over exaggeration) He didn't look any more lost than Lee did last year. Give the kid some time he will at the least be a good QB. Like I said Maybe not Hypeman trophy winner but good.

he did good things against bad defenses who were not prepared. he did bad things against good defenses and even bad defenses who had time to study him. also, lee was not 'lost', he had no line to protect him. lee would have been much better at managing a game and sustaining a drive (and so i do not get ripped, i will add the obligatory 'IMO').

Did you watch him make reads in option plays? Lee did the same thing as Taylor A sunbelt Champion. The big difference is Taylor has 3 more years to hopefully improve. Taylor had no O-line either and yes he looked lost against better Ds most of which he was hurt and had his confidence bubble popped. I'm not the leader of the kids fan club or anything but for F**k sake it was his first year on the field of a D-1 school with no competent WRs or O-line. I also have the gut feeling that after a few losses the coaching staff kept him in to build experience for the future knowing he was rattled.

:moreinteresting