I met Tom today :D

Moiraine

There isn't much to this but

a. I'd never met him before and I've wanted to for 20+ years

b. I'm still really hyper so I have to post it :P

I live off campus and I was walking to school and this thin tall older man walked out of a store, but I only saw his back at first so my first thought was "He looks a lot like Tom Osborne." But you don't expect to see him walking around. At least, I don't. So I didn't really think it was him, and I was too scared to say anything in case it was just some random guy. But then I saw his reflection in a shop window and since his profile is easy to recognize I was certain :)

I probably wouldn't have said anything but there was no one within a block of us so it wasn't going to draw a bunch of attention, so I said "Hi, Tom" and he asked me how I was doing :D

• Fire 1

Wow. Showed some gall by saying "Hi Tom". I feel as though a "Hello, sir" or "Hi, Dr. Osborne" would have been more appropriate. Interesting story, regardless.

That entered my mind later, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it considering I had about two seconds to decide what my earth-shattering words would be. (I recognized him about half a second before he turned to walk into the alley to get his car, so I didn't have a block's worth of walking to think of what to say).

Wow. Showed some gall by saying "Hi Tom". I feel as though a "Hello, sir" or "Hi, Dr. Osborne" would have been more appropriate. Interesting story, regardless.

That entered my mind later, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it considering I had about two seconds to decide what my earth-shattering words would be. (I recognized him about half a second before he turned to walk into the alley to get his car, so I didn't have a block's worth of walking to think of what to say).

I don't think TO is one to get offended by being called "Tom". Hell, I just say "Hi coach" every time I see him.

I tell you what, when we received the email saying "I'd love to come on your show" we both freaked out. I was in Target screaming with excitement and scaring customers.

When it actually came time to do the interview, I was a bit nervous and when the phone was ringing from the secretary to his office, my heart was pounding, and Todd was breathing into the microphone like a horse.

In the end, its much ado about nothing, because he's as gracious and humble as anyone I've ever met, and I hope to talk to him again soon.