Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders gone?

Why do people think that Frank was a good coach? He's the one that drove this program into the ground by his lazy recruiting and allowed the program to follow suit and get lazy. I don't see why he gets a pass because he was a husker? To me that makes it worse, he knew what this program was all about and ran it into the ground. That's why I will always be more pissed at Frank than Bill.

That's seriously one of the dumbest things that I've ever read. You can't be serious.

This is why I'm embarrassed every time they say that BS about Nebraska fans being the most knowledgeable and best fans in the country. It's posts like this that prove them wrong.

I have a challenge for all of you Frank "the tank" Solich lovers. Show me the roster in 2004 and name me the difference makers/ game changers that Frank left for Callahan.

Look at Frank's schedule in 2003 and it will prove that he didn't beat anybody worth a dam. NU had one of the easiest schedule's in the country that year and we got blown out by the only two good teams that year (UT and KSU) and lost to a very average team in Mizzou. Frank also broke just about every streak that NU had except the winning streak vs KU and the bowl steak. And the only reason he didn't break the bowl streak is because he played McNeese State in 2002. 2003 was also a fluke year in that we recorded an NCAA record 45 turnovers by the defense. Our offensive numbers were actually worse in 2003 than they were in 2002. Which shows good on Bo and bad on Frank.

I agree that he shouldn't have been fired in 2003, he should have had to endure the losing season in 2004 (unless you are dumb enough to believe that Joe Dailey (our only scholarship QB on the roster by the way) could lead a Solich/Cotton led offense to 6 wins) and then even the inbreds would have wanted him gone. This was Peterson's huge mistake and it divided the fan base.

Whatever you say genius!

All Frank did was win the BigXII, have NU in a NC game and yeah...beat Texas.

It takes true-blue genius to declare Frank/Bo had to have a losing season in 2004. I give you full credit for it. Especially for the great results mighty Clownahan gave us. Truly only an inbred could disagree.

Btw, since you got your great wish to fire Frank "the tank" Solich, please tell me.....

1. How many BigXII championships have NU won since?

2. How many NC games has NU played in since?

3. How many times has NU beat Texas since?

And lastly, how many seasons has NU beat or even equaled 10 - 3 since firing "the tank"?

That just about sums it up.

I think my head would explode if Rich Rod became our OC. I have heard absolutely nothing that makes me think it will happen, but it would be awesome...

First let me welcome you guys to the B1G, I think you will be a great addition. I have to tell you that I nearly choked on my coffee when I came across this post, RR, surely you are kidding! Our bowl game is just a sample of the three years of RR.

I think my head would explode if Rich Rod became our OC. I have heard absolutely nothing that makes me think it will happen, but it would be awesome...

First let me welcome you guys to the B1G, I think you will be a great addition. I have to tell you that I nearly choked on my coffee when I came across this post, RR, surely you are kidding! Our bowl game is just a sample of the three years of RR.

DOUBLE POST

He scored 14 points in that bowl game - that would be about all we need :) We aren't asking for the next patron saint of Xs and Os - we just need someone that wouldn't lose to himself in tic-tac-toe 9 out of 10 games.

Why do people think that Frank was a good coach? He's the one that drove this program into the ground by his lazy recruiting and allowed the program to follow suit and get lazy. I don't see why he gets a pass because he was a husker? To me that makes it worse, he knew what this program was all about and ran it into the ground. That's why I will always be more pissed at Frank than Bill.

That's seriously one of the dumbest things that I've ever read. You can't be serious.

This is why I'm embarrassed every time they say that BS about Nebraska fans being the most knowledgeable and best fans in the country. It's posts like this that prove them wrong.

I have a challenge for all of you Frank "the tank" Solich lovers. Show me the roster in 2004 and name me the difference makers/ game changers that Frank left for Callahan.

Look at Frank's schedule in 2003 and it will prove that he didn't beat anybody worth a dam. NU had one of the easiest schedule's in the country that year and we got blown out by the only two good teams that year (UT and KSU) and lost to a very average team in Mizzou. Frank also broke just about every streak that NU had except the winning streak vs KU and the bowl steak. And the only reason he didn't break the bowl streak is because he played McNeese State in 2002. 2003 was also a fluke year in that we recorded an NCAA record 45 turnovers by the defense. Our offensive numbers were actually worse in 2003 than they were in 2002. Which shows good on Bo and bad on Frank.

I agree that he shouldn't have been fired in 2003, he should have had to endure the losing season in 2004 (unless you are dumb enough to believe that Joe Dailey (our only scholarship QB on the roster by the way) could lead a Solich/Cotton led offense to 6 wins) and then even the inbreds would have wanted him gone. This was Peterson's huge mistake and it divided the fan base.

Whatever you say genius!

It takes true-blue genius to declare Frank/Bo had to have a losing season in 2004. I give you full credit for it. Especially for the great results mighty Clownahan gave us. Truly only an inbred could disagree.

Btw, since you got your great wish to fire Frank "the tank" Solich, please tell me.....

And lastly, how many seasons has NU beat or even equaled 10 - 3 since firing "the tank"?

+1 and I must add because I believe it's well overlooked some of the talent on the 2004 squad. Here's some of the talent on that squad that were brought in by Solich that some of you might have heard of: Stewart Bradley, Daniel Bullocks, Josh Bullocks, Adam Carriker, Jay Moore, Titus Adams, Barrett Ruud, Le Kevin Smith, Fabian Washington, Matt Herian, Kurt Mann, Cory Ross, and I'm sure others. Does anyone realistically think with the talent we had on defense that Bo wouldn't have fielded a top notch defense that would have kept us in most games in 2004?

Whatever you say genius!

I think that clearly settles that.

"Unknowledgeable" Husker fans 1

AFhusker 0

But back to the topic:

We're hearing lots of stuff about Warinner, Frost, Els, Colman, and Raymond, but anything new on who's out? Sanders is confirmed with Watson and Gilmore looking likely. How about Cotton? I know lots of fans want him gone but is there anything to actually suggest it's happening?

Not saying Got Frank didn’t do a lot of really good thing. He also had a lot of crap in those few years as Head Coach.

First loss to K-State in Manhattan since 1959 (0-3 in Manhattan)

First loss to K-State in Lincoln since 1968

First loss to Oklahoma State since 1961

First loss to Mizzou in Columbia since 1973

Not ranked for the first time since October 1981

First loss at home in 47 games

First Non Winning season in 40 years

First season without 9 wins since 1969

Most points scored by an opponent (until Coz)

My have beat Texas but he finished 1-4 vs them

Finished 2-4 vs K-State

Largest margin of defeat against K-State and Iowa State

Largest margin of defeat in a Non Conference game since 1957

Most passing yards ever by an opponent

Not saying Got Frank didn’t do a lot of really good thing. He also had a lot of crap in those few years as Head Coach.

First loss to K-State in Manhattan since 1959 (0-3 in Manhattan)

First loss to K-State in Lincoln since 1968

First loss to Oklahoma State since 1961

First loss to Mizzou in Columbia since 1973

Not ranked for the first time since October 1981

First loss at home in 47 games

First Non Winning season in 40 years

First season without 9 wins since 1969

Most points scored by an opponent (until Coz)

My have beat Texas but he finished 1-4 vs them

Finished 2-4 vs K-State

Largest margin of defeat against K-State and Iowa State

Largest margin of defeat in a Non Conference game since 1957

Most passing yards ever by an opponent

almost all of those came in 02' though. he certainly turned it around in 03' we'll never know, but he addressed the issues of 02' and could have turned it around

• Fire 1

I hear this all the time from Michigan fans. It's as if you don't realize how much better your offense was than ours, and that defense was your problem this year. We have defense covered; we need offense, and we're trying to run the spread option which is Rich Rod's game. I understand why you fired him as head coach, although I think he should've been given a chance to retool his defensive staff. Why you guys think he would be a bad hire for Nebraska eludes me, though.