Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders gone?

From what I've been told all along was that Watson wanted out. Part of the reason his name came up for so many jobs was because of the feelers he put out for each and every job that came along. I don't think Bo fired him, and/or even wanted him to leave. Watson made up his mind sometime during the season that he didn't want to be here come the 2011 season. The gray area in all of this is what the agreement was between Watson and Bo with regards to Watson not getting picked up anywhere else. Obviously, it would have been better if Watson would have been picked up months ago. The timing thing of all this really isn't very good anymore.

The timing is awful, especially if Scott Frost is coming over. I have several Duck Fan buddies, and they're up in arms over the rumors in Eugene that Frosty is headed back to Lincoln. They are (justifiably so) upset that Frost had a hand in the recruiting of several players, only to bolt afterwards. They're upset that players may reconsider their choices to Oregon (which they can't after the LOI is signed, but whatever). Bottom line is, they're pissed we may come "steal" Frost from them.

I really, really hope we were up-front with all of our recruits about what was going on. If not, it looks bad for us.

During Bo's teleconfrence he stated that he has been upfront with all the recruits, and has been truthful with them throughout the whole process with any questions they had. FWIW.

I'm not as convinced as you are just due to players alone. Clownahan supposedly drastically improved the talent with his recruiting classes, but it never translated to the field. My gut tells me that the next OC will be someone from within because no OC worth his salt is going to come here and be told what plays he's supposed to call and what players he's to play. I don't know for fact that this happened last year, but it's what I've been told by those supposedly in the know. Bo would be better served to clean out the entire offensive staff, hire an established OC, and allow that OC to choose his assistants under him. I just can't imagine an offensive genious having much luck here at Nebraska after being saddled with the likes of Barney, Gilmore, and Beck.

From what I've been told all along was that Watson wanted out. Part of the reason his name came up for so many jobs was because of the feelers he put out for each and every job that came along. I don't think Bo fired him, and/or even wanted him to leave. Watson made up his mind sometime during the season that he didn't want to be here come the 2011 season. The gray area in all of this is what the agreement was between Watson and Bo with regards to Watson not getting picked up anywhere else. Obviously, it would have been better if Watson would have been picked up months ago. The timing thing of all this really isn't very good anymore.

The timing is awful, especially if Scott Frost is coming over. I have several Duck Fan buddies, and they're up in arms over the rumors in Eugene that Frosty is headed back to Lincoln. They are (justifiably so) upset that Frost had a hand in the recruiting of several players, only to bolt afterwards. They're upset that players may reconsider their choices to Oregon (which they can't after the LOI is signed, but whatever). Bottom line is, they're pissed we may come "steal" Frost from them.

I really, really hope we were up-front with all of our recruits about what was going on. If not, it looks bad for us.

During Bo's teleconfrence he stated that he has been upfront with all the recruits, and has been truthful with them throughout the whole process with any questions they had. FWIW.

Here's my problem with this. Bo more than likely has been truthful throughout the process. However, the real question is whether or not Watson has been truthful. Let's say Watson told Bo several months ago that he was going to go job hunting trying to land a HC gig. Bo says cool but you'll be here if you don't find one? Wat's says sure. From what I've been told, Watson never had any intention of being here next year. However, did he tell any of this to the incoming recruits? I'm guessing both Bo and Watson thought he'd be gone by now. Then, the question turns into if both were upfront with recruits why in the heck did Bubba sign the LOI if he had any thought at all of playing college football?

Here's my problem with this. Bo more than likely has been truthful throughout the process. However, the real question is whether or not Watson has been truthful. Let's say Watson told Bo several months ago that he was going to go job hunting trying to land a HC gig. Bo says cool but you'll be here if you don't find one? Wat's says sure. From what I've been told, Watson never had any intention of being here next year. However, did he tell any of this to the incoming recruits? I'm guessing both Bo and Watson thought he'd be gone by now. Then, the question turns into if both were upfront with recruits why in the heck did Bubba sign the LOI if he had any thought at all of playing college football?

Watson has not been out on the recruiting trail since early January, along with Ted Gilmore.

On another thread it was mention that Gilmore had been disciplined, I'm out of the loop, can someone please tell me what the rumor is?

Also this Wilson character is either a dumba$$ that hasn't been schooled in protocol or a disgruntled tool. I feel a short career as a HC coming on

Actually Kevin Wilson is a hell of a coach, but I was listening to Jack and John in the morning on 1400 AM, and Mitch Sherman said that Wilson might have announced Raymond to Nebraska as kind of a rebuttle to Nebraska announcing Ekeler to Indiana.

probably not the best idea with us coming into the conference

Here's what Pelini said in that exchange:

OWH Article link

Asked if he considered it a problem to make staff changes after prospects signed letters of intent, Pelini said no.

“In the end, I'm still the head coach. ... There's always going to be changes. I shouldn't say always, but there's going to be changes. It happens. It's part of the deal.

“I know there's a trust there. The young men trust me. They trust the staff. They trust the University of Nebraska that they're going to be coached in such a way that they're going to be very happy with it.”

Pelini said he expects his full staff to be in place by spring practice in March.

“This is about recruiting today. I'll address staff or anything else when I feel the time is right, when you need to know.

“Fair enough?”

I hope it's fair enough. Bo has a way of parsing words to the press - and hence, to us - that doesn't always convey the full truth of the matter. The question is, do any of the recruits who just signed feel that they've been given full disclosure, or full enough disclosure that the decision they made was the correct one? The way Bo has dealt out information in the past makes this a very pertinent question.

I am sure between Bo and To that everything was put on the table for all the recruits to see and know. I don't think this situation is as complicated and unknown as many of us seem to believe. Bo runs this program like a group of navy seals. They are a tight knit/tight lipped group who eat, train and sweat together. As much as I want to be in the know and a part of that close family it will never happen. I would bet every new recruit, player and coach knows exactly whats going on and what direction they are going. But I still want to know what the hell is going on and when. Somebody can tell me if they want :)

I am sure between Bo and To that everything was put on the table for all the recruits to see and know. I don't think this situation is as complicated and unknown as many of us seem to believe. Bo runs this program like a platoon of navy seals. They are a tight knit/tight lipped group who eat, train and sweat together. As much as I want to be in the know and a part of that close family it will never happen. I would bet every new recruit, player and coach knows exactly whats going on and what direction they are going. But I still want to know what the hell is going on and when. Somebody can tell me if they want :)

Yeah even Bubba softened his Watson stance so I think the recruits may have been told a change was coming.

From what I've been told all along was that Watson wanted out.

This is pretty obvious, seeing how he prepared his offense this year.

The timing thing of all this really isn't very good anymore.

When is the timing "good" for this. Right after the regualar season ended? Prior to the bowl? The week prior to NSD? The week before Spring practice begins? Bottom line, if their contracts run out and are not be renewed next week, or 10 days from now, it really is the best time for it to happen, and I'm sure that is why they were structured that way. Make sure that you have a full staff through recruiting, clear out what you don't when recruiting is over, and make sure the new staff is here to build relationships and get ready for Spring practice.

Now the way the info has leaked and Bo's handling may be a little suspect, that I will grant you.

IMO there's just not a great way to handle major staff changes. Ideally your program never has to go through them and can keep something like continuity. On the bright side for Nebraska, we'll have a fresh start before spring ball, no one will technically get fired, and we were able to salvage a very respectable class out of the deal.

If you're a college kid of average talent, you're probably looking at one year of redshirting and four of playing. In a five year span, what are the odds that every coach on your side of the ball in a successful program is going to be around the whole time? Probably not great. Certainly there is no guarantee. Bo is the coach and Nebraska is the program. Staff changes happen everywhere all the time for all kinds of reasons. It's what we like to call 'the way the world works.'

WWWWWoooooowwww!!!! I have been out of the loop for a couple of days (cpu issues). I know this will come as a SHOCK to Jackson and his parents because I spoke to them yesterday during the Signing Ceremony. If Bo did not tell them Sanders may not be at NU, IMO that's not cool. They like Sanders.

WWWWWoooooowwww!!!! I have been out of the loop for a couple of days (cpu issues). I know this will come as a SHOCK to Jackson and his parents because I spoke to them yesterday during the Signing Ceremony. If Bo did not tell them Sanders may not be at NU, IMO that's not cool. They like Sanders.

If it's for some type of legal infraction like the rumor that's going around.....The school has no choice. If in fact that is why Sanders possibly/is leaving.