Watson, Gilmore, and Sanders gone?

Nobody is going anywhere. Do you know how many pissed off recruits their are going to be. All the offensive recruits lovvvvvvveeee Watson. You can kiss any chance at gettin Starling to actually come to Nebraska. He and Watson are like brothers from different mothers.

I wouldn't be so sure of that....wink.gif

Im just not believing anything until it happens. We've done this same song and dance since December 5th, its a become a freakin joke.

The teleconference could have been in part, well its pretty damn cold and icy in Lincoln. Nobody wants to go anywhere.... the forecast on Monday was pretty iffy on whether the snow storm would be out of here by then. Thats was the day it was changed I believe. It was still pretty bad out this morning.

I don't really ever have inside information, other than the fact that Scott Frost was seen by my friend jogging around the UO campus today. So he hasn't gone anywhere yet... but that really means absolutely nothing other than Scott Frost is probably in better shape than I am.

For the sake of intrigue, let's hypothetically play with this situation for a minute.

If Frost was indeed coming to NU, maybe it was agreed upon ahead of time that the respective replacement coaches were told to keep the news to themselves until after NSD for the sake of their current schools for fear of losing last minute recruits? I'm aware that's probably not an ideal way to handle these types of situations, but it makes sense too.

Thanks to Kevin Wilson, one floodgate has already burst wide open. Now the speculation commences until NU decides to make this news official.

I don't really ever have inside information, other than the fact that Scott Frost was seen by my friend jogging around the UO campus today. So he hasn't gone anywhere yet... but that really means absolutely nothing other than Scott Frost is probably in better shape than I am.

For the sake of intrigue, let's hypothetically play with this situation for a minute.

If Frost was indeed coming to NU, maybe it was agreed upon ahead of time that the respective replacement coaches were told to keep the news to themselves until after NSD for the sake of their current schools for fear of losing last minute recruits?

Thanks to Kevin Wilson, one floodgate has already burst wide open. Now the speculation commences until NU makes decides to make this news official.

I think that's easily possible. I think Chip Kelly and the UO staff are much more disciplined with the press than Kevin Wilson is, and I know that there were several big time Oregon commits who were recruited by Frost, and they probably would have had concerns about Frost leaving their staff and losing those recruits.

But still, it's all just speculation right now.

I think Huskerscott is on the right track, although would not be surprised to see Frost show up here. A in your face offensive mind to go along with Bo's defense would be interesting to say the least.

I am not really to concerned about what is going on, as I have little to say about it one way or another, far smarter people make those choices. I will support what ever happens.

sure sounds like it.

I need to find out some info on Frost though. Anyone know his cable guy?

....I have his number. Like seriously. Met him at a game where he was recruiting Devon Blackmon. Gave me a business card and said if I ever needed anything to let him know. I mean, obviously I wont need him for anything as I didn't play football any of the last three years nor did I play this year, so my chances of being a D1 recruit are low. Basically it was, "Hey kid, here's a souvenir."

After the conversation I just had I'm now 99.9% sure that the hammer is finally going to drop! Watts, Sanders, and Gilmore are all on there way out. From what I was told most of the rumors that folks have been ridiculing posters for the last few days where spot on. Beck/Frost will be co-offensive cord, along with the addition of Corey Raymond from Indiana. Supposedly no recruits have chosen to bail just yet, all except Starling who as has been speculated about before has one foot firmly out the door.

I am usually the last person to throw in my two cents about the inner workings of UNL. In large part because I'm not an alumni, I'm not a booster (unless the thousands of dollars of Husker swag I've bought over the years counts )and I've never been employed by the athletic dept. So In all honestly I usually don't know much about the backroom drama going on there, and don't really care enough to bother those who do just to make myself fell important. But this info was unsolicited and I believe my "source" is more than credible.

Who's my source? My uncle. Who's my uncle? None of your damn business!

• Fire 1

After the conversation I just had I'm now 99.9% sure that the hammer is finally going to drop! Watts, Sanders, and Gilmore are all on there way out. From what I was told most of the rumors that folks have been ridiculing posters for the last few days where spot on. Beck/Frost will be co-offensive cord, along with the addition of Corey Raymond from Indiana. Supposedly no recruits have chosen to bail just yet, all except Starling who as has been speculated about before has one foot firmly out the door.

I am usually the last person to throw in my two cents about the inner workings of UNL. In large part because I'm not an alumni, I'm not a booster (unless the thousands of dollars of Husker swag I've bought over the years counts )and I've never been employed by the athletic dept. So In all honestly I usually don't know much about the backroom drama going on there, and don't really care enough to bother those who do just to make myself fell important. But this info was unsolicited and I believe my "source" is more than credible.

not trying to pester, but is your uncle a higher up at the university or a big time booster? not trying to figure out who he is, just how he got the info if you know what i mean.

Uncle Tom?

Osborne

• Fire 1

not trying to pester, but is your uncle a higher up at the university or a big time booster? not trying to figure out who he is, just how he got the info if you know what i mean.

I don't blame you at all for being skeptical, and until there is an official announcement this is all speculation. I'm not going to try and convince you to believe my word anymore than the last guy here with a "source". I'm personally willing to trust his word, but that only because anytime he's been confident enough (or excited enough) to let us in on big news, he has always been on the mark.

All I'll say about my uncle is that he may or may not have attended a large #$@*#& gathering in Lincoln tonight. And he may or may not be the owner of a successful ^%$#*@#@*&^ company in Western NE. I can tell you that he definitely attended UNL sometime in the last century, and that my uncle is certainly not Dr Tom.

Yes I'm being purposefully vague, but that's only because I'm not sure how tightly this info was supposed to be kept to his vest. Considering the line of questioning for Bo by the local beats tonight, and the fact that the same thing was being discussed on this bored for over two days, and I'd guess it wasn't all that close. Still though, there's no point in me crapping in the candy bowl when I may be offered another piece someday.

• Fire 1

I don't blame you at all for being skeptical, and until there is an official announcement this is all speculation. I'm not going to try and convince you to believe my word anymore than the last guy here with a "source". I'm personally willing to trust his word, but that only because anytime he's been confident enough (or excited enough) to let us in on big news, he has always been on the mark.

All I'll say about my uncle is that he may or may not have attended a large #$@*#& gathering in Lincoln tonight. And he may or may not be the owner of a successful ^%$#*@#@*&^ company in Western NE. I can tell you that he definitely attended UNL sometime in the last century, and that my uncle is certainly not Dr Tom.

Yes I'm being purposefully vague, but that's only because I'm not sure how tightly this info was supposed to be kept to his vest. Considering the line of questioning for Bo by the local beats tonight, and the fact that the same thing was being discussed on this bored for over two days, and I'd guess it wasn't all that close. Still though, there's no point in me crapping in the candy bowl when I may be offered another piece someday.

I'll commend you for bringing info, especially the way you did it. It was a "yeah I heard it too, but I don't think I should've because I never get told anything" vibe that makes me feel like the fire is burning hot.

i'll be skeptical until i have evidence otherwise, but i do commend you for going out there. no phallus waving saying give me attention and i might drop nuggets. so no matter if your right or wrong, you got some balls.