Top recruiting needs 2012?

So really early here, but can anyone post a list of how many recruits of each position we are looking for? If not, what are the biggest needed positions?

I would guess cornerback is probably up there, along with DE and WR right?

i'd guess we take 18-19 kids with the biggest needs at TE, LB, DB and DE.

QB - 0-1 (could get away with zero here if bubba actually plays football, but it's nice to have one every year regardless)

RB - 1 (same story as above if heard steps on campus, but i'd probably take one anyway if there's a good one available)

WR - 2-3

TE - 1-2 (would prefer two unless we get a stud)

OL - 4

DE - 2

DT - 1-2

LB - 2-3

DB - 4-5

• Fire 1

My take.

Top priorities

TE- 2 is a must.

LB- 3 minimum

DE- 3(very feasible as next year could easily be the year of the DE, loads of quality

WR- 2 someone out there has to be a diamond in the rough and there has to be at least one buried in Gilmore's heap pile somewhere

DB- 3 preferrably two corners and a safety

OL- 4 never go against good depth

DT- 1 always try for a quality "fatty" in the middle

RB- 1 a bigger type back

Of course is that straight up gamer wants to wear red, you let him in regardless of his position. I can easily see this class ending up at 20.

• Fire 1

Until we throw the ball more, WR will be by far the most challenging area to recruit. With the exception of perhaps a local kid, a higher profile WR will be extremely hard to come by. As one poster said, we will have to find the diamonds in the rough. Certainly not an easy task.

Agreed. But maybe this young man Tariq Allan is such a diamond in the rough. he is from Massachusetts and I guess played against modest competition... but man his statistics were pretty staggeringly good. He really dominated in HS and may be a really great player for us.

Your point is well taken though.. and I agree. Maybe a few diamonds in the rough will be enough to start a critical mass here... enough to get some big time WR's to take a look.

As it stands, NU will have just 12 scholarship seniors next year. That number may grow by a few walk-ons, but it leaves the Huskers little wiggle room. The scholarship logjam is in Nebraska's junior class of 22 players.

link: http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2011/02/03/4d498e05e8a11

yeah this was stressed about months ago. Nothing but cream of the crop this class!!!