Scott Frost pulled huge recruiting coup in 11th hour

Read some comments at an Oregon news site saying that it was indeed Scott Frost who snatched away 5* Athlete De'Anthony Thomas from under USC's nose at the 11th hour. One guy thanked Nebraska for not going public with the Scott Frost-to-Nebraska rumors until after NSD ended for the sake of keeping recruits committed. Another mentioned that De'Anthony Thomas personally thanked Scott Frost in his signing ceremony speech last night.

So what's the point? Scott Frost would be a welcome addition to our staff based on the strength of his recruiting ability alone. Along with Thomas, he snagged four 4* recruits from California (2) and Florida (2). He's also responsible for bringing in 4 players who are also track stars at their respective high schools. All of them run 4.4 or less in the 40. And since Nebraska already recruits California and Florida, Frost's recruiting resume fits the bill.

Scott Frost Recruiting Bio

BTW, that bio doesn't show a 4* QB, Jerrard Randall even though Frost was his lead recruiter as evidenced in Randall's profile. My guess is Randall didn't qualify academically, hence the reason why he's not listed as SIGNED LOI.

First off don't get me wrong, I would love to have scott Frost on our coaching staff!! I don't think it was Scott that lured these athletes to Oregon, it was Unkle Knight and the money that the Alumni put into the program in Eugene and that they went to a National Championship. I feel that we are looking for every positive thing we can to say hey look he should be here. In Reality we need to find someone who is proven and can coach a quarterback and turn this offense around. Is it Scott Frost that could do this???? I sure hope so!!!!! I am just sick of being one dimensional on Offense and knowing that any top tier Defense is going to shut us down each week. GBR and lets hope we take this recruiting momentum into next season!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ted Gilmore also the recruiting coordinator? If so, I see that as adding to the appeal of the position here for Frost. He comes in and takes over the WRs and also becomes recruiting coordinator. I believe that would be more than a lateral move from just WR coach at Oregon.

i'm not certain that recruiting coordinator would be viewed as a promotion or enticement. i'm even more uncertain that we would want someone that is apparently an effective recruiter saddled with the organizational duties RC entails. i like the idea of frost, but i don't think he's going to get the OC gig here, so we'll likely have to rely on good old NU loyalty if we plan to draw him back as a position coach.

I don't think Frost would take over as recruiting coordinator. WR and co-OC is enough for his plate, and a guy like Beck probably assumes the recruiting coordinator role, having been here.

But Frost sounds like an ace recruiter.

Changed my stance on him lately. GET HIM HERE, please :)

I don't think Frost would take over as recruiting coordinator. WR and co-OC is enough for his plate, and a guy like Beck probably assumes the recruiting coordinator role, having been here.

But Frost sounds like an ace recruiter.

Changed my stance on him lately. GET HIM HERE, please :)

Frosty is on a roll, he is a guy who is developing fast.

no, we want beck on the road recruiting, not pushing pencils in the office. good recruiters go out and recruit, the RC is an organizer.

First off don't get me wrong, I would love to have scott Frost on our coaching staff!! I don't think it was Scott that lured these athletes to Oregon, it was Unkle Knight and the money that the Alumni put into the program in Eugene and that they went to a National Championship. I feel that we are looking for every positive thing we can to say hey look he should be here. In Reality we need to find someone who is proven and can coach a quarterback and turn this offense around. Is it Scott Frost that could do this???? I sure hope so!!!!! I am just sick of being one dimensional on Offense and knowing that any top tier Defense is going to shut us down each week. GBR and lets hope we take this recruiting momentum into next season!!!

To be honest, the relationship that a recruit has with his position coach/lead recruiter is probably 1 or 2 on the list of things why kids commit to schools. 17 and 18 year old kids are very impressionable, and after being recruited by one guy for maybe up to 2 years they build a strong relationship.

Frost and Beck as co/cordinators. Beck as rb coach and Frost as qb coach. I wouldn't have a clue as to rc but would hate to take either of these guys off the road. Just a guess like everyone else. One position that brings a pretty big title is assistant head coach. That could go to Beck with Frost getting to oc and play calls with Beck upstairs. A lot of possibilities and folks on the wish list. I am sure that Bo and TO will get it sorted out.

Scott ("The Snowman" as in 'Frosty the Snowman') Frost has always been a favorite with me Battery and C-Bear, and he had to earn it. His part in the crash and burn night that started LP's downward spiral and then he lost his first game when Nebraska had not tasted defeat for two seasons these two things gave him a bad place to start from. We went on and had a good season and had high hopes for the '97 season. At that time wewere calling him 'Frosty' and when he threw the pass that was deflected into Maqtt Davidson's grasp the 'Snow Man' monicure was firmly cemented onto Scott Frost. The speach he made after whipping Peyton Manning and the Volunteers and winning the '97 National Championship elevated 'The Snow Man' to a place at the table with Frazier, Tagge, and Gill as one of the Husker's greatest leaders of all time. It would be great to have him back home where he belongs.

T_O_B

:bonesflag::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::throwdabones1::throwdabones1::bonesflag: