Ed Warinner

okay i dont know much about everything... but what happened to this guy at KU? move to ND cause its ND? fired at KU whats the deal? how did he go from this great offensive guy at KU to o line guy at ND? just wondering.. i could do my own research but i am lazy right now and school is about to start.... well in an hour but i doubt i'll get to it in that time

okay i dont know much about everything... but what happened to this guy at KU? move to ND cause its ND? fired at KU whats the deal? how did he go from this great offensive guy at KU to o line guy at ND? just wondering.. i could do my own research but i am lazy right now and school is about to start.... well in an hour but i doubt i'll get to it in that time

Ummmmm....the head coach was fired and they hired Turner Gill who brought in his own staff. I think had there not been the directive to clean house he possibly would have still been at KU under TG.

Ummmmm....the head coach was fired and they hired Turner Gill who brought in his own staff. I think had there not been the directive to clean house he possibly would have still been at KU under TG.

roja that.. i knew about Mangino getting the sack but was wondering what happened with him and TG, I guess it was just one of those things.. alright but thanks for da info

Sardines would be a great hire for OC based on what he could bring to our Oline alone. Cotton has to go... Line is just not consistent. Can't go roll over bad teams (ISU, KU, SDSU)... Although we did some (KSU, Mizzou, Wash part 1). Consistency is not there.

I can only think of one board member who actually supported Barney- dylan. We got into a bit of an argument about it in another thread earlier this year. His argument was built mainly on statistics IIRC - how we were near the top of nation in rushing ypg. A bit skewed IMHO, but that's neither here nor there.

Also a fan of Houston's OC. They've churned out awesome offenses year after year. More like a Leach Texas Tech attack than an Oregon.

Sardines would be a great hire for OC based on what he could bring to our Oline alone. Cotton has to go... Line is just not consistent. Can't go roll over bad teams (ISU, KU, SDSU)... Although we did some (KSU, Mizzou, Wash part 1). Consistency is not there.

I can only think of one board member who actually supported Barney- dylan. We got into a bit of an argument about it in another thread earlier this year. His argument was built mainly on statistics IIRC - how we were near the top of nation in rushing ypg. A bit skewed IMHO, but that's neither here nor there.

Also a fan of Houston's OC. They've churned out awesome offenses year after year. More like a Leach Texas Tech attack than an Oregon.

Count me as one who still supports Cotton. I wouldn't be sad to see him go, but I think OL is the hardest position to coach and takes the longest to see the results. I believe you need 4-5 years before an OL coach's efforts really come around. And while the OL isn't up to NU standards and is certainly not progressing as fast as the fans would like, I think it's gotten better each year Cotton's been here.

As I mentioned before, I'd be curious to see if Warinner coaches pass blocking while Cotton coaches run blocking. I really think that might be a good combination.

EDIT: who is Sardines?

How about Warinner and Frost as Co-offensive coordinators? Frost coaches the QBs and Warinner the O-Line. Beck would stay as RB coach and take on the role of recruiting coordinator. As stated in another thread Cotton moves to TE coach and Brown moves to WR coach.

No. I'd be surprised if that happen. Beck is pretty much here because he was to be the OC in 2-3 years when Wats left. Besides you don't make one of your best recruiters an RC and keep him off the road more often so he can do that job.