Ed Warinner

Warinner would be a good hire. I doubt he'd accept a lateral move to NU, which is why it'd make sense that he'd be considered for OC. He could also help Cotton with OL since that's his specialty. Our pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired and I think Warinner could make a difference in that area.

Frost has to be the favorite here. I can't help but think the others are backup plans. No spread background? unless I'm wrong on that.

Warinner has experience in multiple offenses. He's been at Air Force & Army which are option teams. He's been on spread teams with Illinois, Kansas and currently Notre Dame.

I think Warinner's getting serious consideration because of his past relationship with Beck at KU. He was the OC/QB coach in 2007 when KU won the Orange Bowl.

• Fire 1

I think Warinner's getting serious consideration because of his past relationship with Beck at KU. He was the OC/QB coach in 2007 when KU won the Orange Bowl.

i shall not shed a tear for barney being moved out of coaching the line. nothing personal about coach cotton, but i just don't think he's gotten the most out of the offensive line regardless of injuries.

and with that, i will make a B O L D prediction: if barney does get the ax as line coach he will end up with another position within the university but not as a coach.

whether that means being a special assistant to the athletic director or chief executive restroom attendant at memorial stadium, barney will stay at nebraska.

i shall not shed a tear for barney being moved out of coaching the line. nothing personal about coach cotton, but i just don't think he's gotten the most out of the offensive line regardless of injuries.

and with that, i will make a B O L D prediction: if barney does get the ax as line coach he will end up with another position within the university but not as a coach.

whether that means being a special assistant to the athletic director or chief executive restroom attendant at memorial stadium, barney will stay at Nebraska.

as long as he isn't coaching, fine by me.

whether that means being a special assistant to the athletic director or chief executive restroom attendant at memorial stadium, barney will stay at Nebraska.

Sometimes just being a former Husker, just doesn't cut it. I know I backed him just because of it. If Cotton is reassigned, I hope he is still involved with the Univ, but a lot of you were right. Time for a change at O-Line coach.

GBR!!!

Sometimes just being a former Husker, just doesn't cut it. I know I backed him just because of it. If Cotton is reassigned, I hope he is still involved with the Univ, but a lot of you were right. Time for a change at O-Line coach.

GBR!!!

He had the resume - can't fault the hire. His resume was just built on a different scheme, different philosophy. There's a few other coaches on that side of the ball in the same boat - hopefully we throw em all overboard because when you only row on 1 side, you go in circles. If you leave Cotton in there - we'll still have a slow rower on one side so you end up with the same result...the circle just gets bigger so it takes you even longer to figure out you're still going in circles.

I brought him up in the Corey Raymond thread a couple of days ago, he would be a good fit. Just as a side note, Warinner was the coach responsible for recruiting Bubba Starling at Notre Dame which was Bubba's #2 choice. He is also the ND coach that is recruiting 2012 recruits Evan Boehm and Dorial Green-Beckham, both big time 2012 prospects that NU is interested in.

Frost has to be the favorite here. I can't help but think the others are backup plans. No spread background? unless I'm wrong on that.

Warinner has experience in multiple offenses. He's been at Air Force & Army which are option teams. He's been on spread teams with Illinois, Kansas and currently Notre Dame.

Uh oh, you mean 'many different offenses', right? :P

But really, there's a good deal of variety within the spread. The stuff Missouri ran with Chase Daniel, or Air Raider, all falls under spread. Where we are going seems to be more of a RichRod shotgun read option game. It is hard to see us going after a guy who doesn't have much experience with that. But, I would be pleasantly surprised/happy with it.

Unless they are brought in and being asked to run something like the Oregon spread regardless of their own familiarity/field of expertise.