Frost's dad speaks, Scott wants to come home

Frost isn't being unreasonable here. Nebraska is desperate on the offensive side of the ball. Frost has a sweet job -- he doesn't need to make a lateral move. He's loved where he is, he's making good money, Nike can always provide more money, and Oregon is (frankly) a more successful and stable program than is Nebraska at the moment. Pelini got a coordinator position here in 2003 without any better resume than Frost's, by my judgment.

100% agree.

Frost is an excellent young coach who was a NC qb here. Do what you gotta do TO/Bo.....grab him!

Frost and Bubba S are 2 peas in a pod, neither one is coming!

Somebody didn't have there Jimmy Dean breakfast this morning.

I have high hopes for the future of Nebraska football. TO, Bo and Company are looking out for the best interest of the University. They got rid of the dead weight and reloaded it with new life and fresh ideas. The Big 10 is a uncharted territory so I am sure they are doing there homework on the new hires. :bonez

This statement from Frost's dad doesn't surprise me at all. They are a very "entitled" family. I could give several personal examples.

Two things. . .Scott wasn't offered the OC for obvious reasons but he's been offered a fair position and plenty of opportunity. This will probably be his last chance to come back unless its many years down the line. There is a thought among the department and boosters that Frost would come here work his way up to OC and then possibly be Bo's replacement some day. Frost has worked or played for some of the best coaches in the business in both college and the NFL. He'll be a very hot name in 2-3 years no matter where he coaches. But really only one path gets him to his goal of being the head coach at UNL. He just has to be humble in this instance. If he does he'll have a chance to learn from one of the best defensive minds and well as one of the better offensive minds out there in EW. Remember some people are meant to be coordinators and not the head cheese. EW is one of those guys.

I think a lot of progress was made yesterday afternoon. They'll be more today. I also think its interesting how the story is getting covered. Its a very different tone at the Journal Star then at the OWH. And the latter is trying to spoon feed ESPN. Don't be surprised in spring ball and next fall at the difference in access between the two papers. The owh has been told as much and they're pissed. They need to remember it works both ways. They want Bo to play nice...maybe they should try the same.

Like I've said, Frost has a great job, he likes it in Eugene, and it'll take a tremendous offer from Nebraska to get him. That said, I'm still maintaining a sliver of hope that it happens.

As far as the OWH and LJS, the OWH is pretty clearly pushing their own agendas. Shatel not so much, from what I've seen, but Chatelain is making things personal. Sherman just seems to be doing his job, I haven't seen any articles of his that I thought were out of line, just that awful one by Chatty on Charles Jackson.

I don't think the LJS is about maintaining a company line, I think they just have a better understanding of their role. At the end of the day, the sports page is entertainment, and they're primarily covering 18-21 year old kids, and I think those guys simply have a better understanding of what that should entail than Chatelain, who's acting like he's some daring journalist fighting back against the tyranny of Bo.

I also think this comes down to individual journalists more than OWH vs LJS. When it comes to access during the spring, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chatty get shunned, but I don't imagine Shatel getting less access.

Im going to throw this out there and read the replies in the morning as i drive to Lincoln.

Do most people want Scott Frost as OC because he is Scott Frost? or because of what he can bring to the table in an offensive scheme?

I guess what i am trying to say is that it seems folks want him because of his legacy at Nebraska and i haven't seen one comment that talks about what kind of offense he would want to bring to Nebraska.

Most people assume he would try to bring everything he's learned from Chip Kelly at Oregon to Nebraska's offense, which would seem to be a good fit since Nebraska is currently emulating Oregon's offense.

Yes, Hercules, I agree with you. I think it is the fact he is coaching at Oregon and they have one of the best offenses in the country. He is also a great recruiter and develops talent well. If he was still at Northern Illinois, I don't think people would want him here so much.

Northern Iowa not Northern Illinios. Plus I think they would because he was coaching linebackers there and they were a very good group. they went made to the Playoffs many times with him there and they had an undefeated season until the Panthers lost to the eventual champions in the semi finals. that year was his last year and they have started to slip.

I want to point out that even though Frost isnt as experienced as some would like, if he's hired as OC I dont see how he can be any worse than Watson so its not exactly a huge risk IMO

Very good point. Our offense has been so comically inept for so long it would be almost impossible to be worse. Get him on board!

I want to point out that even though Frost isnt as experienced as some would like, if he's hired as OC I dont see how he can be any worse than Watson so its not exactly a huge risk IMO

Very good point. Our offense has been so comically inept for so long it would be almost impossible to be worse. Get him on board!

Exactly. I have to imagine Frost knows more about the style of offense Bo wants us to run than Watson ever will. Will Frost be the next great OC? Maybe, maybe not, but it's got to be a better option that trying to cram a square peg into a round hole. Like we have been with Wats.

Circumstantial stuff includes the fact that he still owns a house here, he still has connections to his church here, he has connections to some charitable and philanthropic organizations here, etc. No smoking guns at all.

Out of curiosity I did a property search in Lancaster County and didn't see anything with his name. I did see some properties own by his parents, outside of town.

:sarcasm i have it! i know all the answers! bo said he wanted an oregon type offense, right? so he goes and gets scott frost. everybody seeing it now? see it!?!? see it!?!?!? frost will have the whole playbook! just like in the waterboy! i bet its a RED notebook!!! AND!!!!!! if DC gets BP fired, like some people are claiming, then frost can be promoted to HC!!!!!see everybody, can you all see it!!!!!!! we cant lose!!!!!

;) just a joke people, frost will come here if the money and chance for advancement is better than at oregon. if NU cant make a better offer, then im afraid frost is a duck.