Why we're all so full of angst right now

knapplc

I wish I could copypasta this whole article. :ahhhhhhhh Here's the lead-in. Click the headline for the whole thing:

None more 'interesting' than Nebraska

I first (briefly) stated my argument on Twitter: No team in college football was more interesting on and off the field for more reasons in the last year than Nebraska.

A lot of those reasons for interest were positive for the program. Others were negative. But I would argue that no team had more headline-worthy happenings on campus than the Huskers in the past year.

I hear the arguments for USC (coaching change, sanctions), Notre Dame (coaching change, student death, anticlimactic realignment) and Florida (Urban Meyer postseason flip-flop, "You're a bad guy" media incident, offensive collapse, coaching change).

I disagree.

A refresher course on the past 12 months in Nebraska football, for those who have forgotten:

This does a pretty decent job explaining the angst and frustration I see in a lot of posts. Lots of emotions, highs and lows, in the past 12 months. Tumultuous is an understatement.

User Mort appended this in Ubben's comment section:

That's a good summary, DU. A few high-profile incidents that may have been worthy of inclusion:

Oct 28, 2010 - Conference commissioner Dan Beebe announces a one-game suspension of Eric Martin for "...a flagrant act of targeting an opponent with the crown of his helmet...." Martin remains the only player disciplined in such a manner in the history of the Big 12.

Nov 6, 2010 - ISU lineback A.J. Klein tries to shorten Nebraska RB's name to Rex Burk when he cranks on the helmet of the Big Red rusher in the end zone. Nebraska is tagged with a personal foul when Legate comes to Burkhead's defense. Neither Paul Rhoades nor the league take any disciplinary action on Klein's "flagrant act of targeting an opponent".

Nov 20, 2010 - ...neither of the A&M penalties includes Tony Jerod-Eddie's molestation of Ben Cotton in full view of the national audience. A&M Coach Sherman denounces the act, but issues no known disciplinary action of Jerod-Eddie.

Nov 23, 2010 - Citing security concerns, Dan Beebe refuses to attend the Nebraska/Colorado game. There is no presentation of the North Division trophy to the Huskers.

Dec 5, 2010 - Nebraska is passed-over by the Insight bowl in favor of a team they beat earlier in the year and is slated to play Washington in the Holiday Bowl -- a team they beat earlier in the year. Many question what role Beebe played in avoiding a Nebraska/Iowa "Big Ten preview" game.

• Fire 1

Wow, a darn fine recap of the season by Ubben. One of his best articles that I've read, and a nice send-off for us as we leave the B12. It makes me sorry for all the mean things I've written about him on this board. Like the joke I made about his pointed head.

Wow, a darn fine recap of the season by Ubben. One of his best articles that I've read, and a nice send-off for us as we leave the B12. It makes me sorry for all the mean things I've written about him on this board. Like the joke I made about his pointed head.

Never. It is a well written and thought out piece that makes sense, but he will always be a asshat.

Never. It is a well written and thought out piece that makes sense, but he will always be a asshat.

Isn't he more like a conehead?

Isn't he more like a conehead?

So are you saying we need to get him a dunce asshat?