The Mystery Coach Revealed!

Yep, Bo finally has "his" staff as indeed he well deserves. We'll see how it works out but I'll be shocked if it doesn't improve over the WCO SW/Gilmore combo. It would be almost impossible to do worse.

I wish them both well but I'm damn glad they're gone. A mutual win scenario for everybody!

I'm confident Bo didn't put a moments thought to how impressed the message board expects would be with any hire he has ever made. Give me a list of bad hires Bo has made and then I will consider if this is something I am going to worry about. He made a mistake allowing Watson and Gilmore to stay but he had some help making that decision. Other than that his track record for picking guys who can coach is pretty good.

Not long ago people were upset with him hiring unknown Ekler who left to become Co-DC at a big 10 school.

A guy named Snyder hired alot of coaches that no one was impressed with that turned out to be really really good coaches.

I'm confident Bo didn't put a moments thought to how impressed the message board expects would be with any hire he has ever made. Give me a list of bad hires Bo has made and then I will consider if this is something I am going to worry about. He made a mistake allowing Watson and Gilmore to stay but he had some help making that decision. Other than that his track record for picking guys who can coach is pretty good.

Not long ago people were upset with him hiring unknown Ekler who left to become Co-DC at a big 10 school.

A guy named Snyder hired alot of coaches that no one was impressed with that turned out to be really really good coaches.

Damn, and here I thought Bo cared what we thought. :sarcasm (And too bad a guy named Snyder rarely had really really good teams to go w/ those coaches)

If you look at Bo's previous hires, you can drop anyone on the defensive side of the ball IMO. I am confident Bo could hire me and the defense would still be successful.

You throw out Watson/Gilmore because as you said they were a holdover. That leaves Beck/Brown/Cotton. All three were proven position coaches, and had little risk. Cotton turned out to be a bad hire (but not consider so at the time) - we've argued that on this board for months.

This time around you're getting some questionable pawns in Bo's offensive chess game. We'll see how they turn out. A 5 star coach has better potential to be great than Bo's 2 star coaches...doesn't mean they won't be great though. Just if you had to bet the house on it (which is "technically" what Bo is doing) - I doubt you'd pick this batch. Good thing Bo knows huh?

I stated in one of these threads that its common for coaches to pick up people like this. I mentioned Bamba, OSU, Oklahoma etc as examples of programs doing the same thing. Stoops has a guy who was a preacher for a number of years who coached 2 years of High School ball and then hired him as on campus recruiting and was just promoted to full time assistant. The only difference is this guy has been there for one year.

http://oudaily.com/news/2011/jan/15/bruce-kittle-promoted-tight-ends-and-tackles-coach/

Ohio State has like 2 or 3 guys that were either GA's or video type people coaching. Us fans don't know dick about who can coach and the fact is most of us would fail if we tried to put a staff together.

• Fire 1