The Mystery Coach Revealed!

Big difference between recruiting in the S E C and here at Nebraska. Northeast is not exactly a hot bed of recruiting.

Like New Jeresey and Pennsylvania?

If we wanted the Jersey ins, I think we should have gone with Colman. Promising coach, Jersey ties, good recruiter.

Ah, well....

Agreed 100%

He wouldve have been the best hire out of the bunch, IMO.

Does Bo have a connection to Colman? He does with Fisher....

Colman was a GA here in 2008, and helped Ekeler alot with the linebackers. Other than that, no.

So you're saying there's a chance? :lol:

You know its going to be a good day when someone pulls out the dumb and dumber quotes. :lol:

I thought it was '09, as Colman gets credit for Dillard. Wasn't Dillard a senior in '09?

No chance on Colman though. He'd be LBs coach and that looks like Ross Els.

Good catch Zoogs, it was 2009. :thumbs

I just wonder if any of these potential LB coaches (especially Els) can hold Ekler's jock strap :nutz when it comes to coaching LB's and on the recruiting trail. His attitude and energy will be hard to replace. Hopefully he can rejoin us in the future.

I thought it was '09, as Colman gets credit for Dillard. Wasn't Dillard a senior in '09?

No chance on Colman though. He'd be LBs coach and that looks like Ross Els.

Good catch Zoogs, it was 2009. :thumbs

I just wonder if any of these potential LB coaches (especially Els) can hold Ekler's jock strap :nutz when it comes to coaching LB's and on the recruiting trail. His attitude and energy will be hard to replace. Hopefully he can rejoin us in the future.

There's different ways to recruit. Ekeler definitely appealed to guys with his energy. But look at Beck; he's a cool customer and he was just named one of the top recruiters in the country by 2 different publications.

Rollin', I think Ekeler is being a bit overvalued on both counts there. One thing you can't overvalue him on, is his high jump. But his recruiting even did fall off later in his time here. Looked like he could be an ace with Compton but that never really came to fruition. And as far as coaching LBs, our best product was Dillard, who many people credit to Colman. We practically got rid of his position on the field during his time here, too. This past year, I think Bo took a greater involvement in the LBs to bring them up to speed too. And while Vonte is a freak of nature, Bo wouldn't stop riding him on mistakes he made in pressers, regardless of stats like tackle count.

But, I do like Ek's energy. I think the players will miss that rapport.